New commit. Mordecai McDaniel

There are plenty of starting freshman OL in the country, and he beat out a few high profile guys that started right away as well. It isn't like there were 4 or 5 guys to choose from.

I suppose next you'll tell me Trey Smith isn't good either?
He's very good. He cracked the lineup immediately without any necessity. Quite a contrast in scenarios.

Ethan Wolf plays for the Titans and played a few snaps last year. How good of an NFL player he may be is irrelevant. He is an NFL player and the percentage of NCAA athletes that make it to the NFL is very small. The percentage of 3 stars high school players making it the NFL is likely even smaller. Wolf was absolutely a hit, even if his stats weren't great. It isn't his fault he had a terrible coach.

Tatum is solid OL. You really underrate him.

Palmer has been pretty good even with a WR group that has been pretty deep the enire time he's been here.
I suppose if you don't comprehend how bad UT football and its players have been over the past decade, you wouldn't notice the difference.

I suppose if you don't comprehend how bad UT football and its players have been over the past decade, you wouldn't notice the difference.
UT has had good players at times. The coaching and development stank.

That simply does not mean that they will suck this year like you keep saying. They should be improved.

UT has had good players at times. The coaching and development stank.

That simply does not mean that they will suck this year like you keep saying. They should be improved.
In this entire discussion, I never said they would suck this year. I indicated that they have sucked for awhile and that inflates the value of players that must play because of poor competition and injury. I never extrapolated that into continuing this year. I think they have a real opportunity to win 6 or 7 games this year if all goes well.

Elite speed and measurable along with a good offer list! Why is he so underrated by the recruiting sites? ( I don't care. I'm just curious).
Unlike many of the more highly rated kids, this dude hasn't done many of the recruiting "services" camps. So he isn't highly rated by them. But when he's camped at schools for the coaches, he's come away with an offer. A lot like our OL commit, Spraggins. He's a beast. Just not highly rated by the recruiting sites (who wouldn't know talent if it jumped up and bit them in the face).

I definitely agree to an extent. And I’ve been extremely disappointed in the current class rating. But where I disagree with you is when it comes to a couple of position groups (linebacker and dback). I think we have to trust that if Pruitt wants the kid he’s going to be an excellent player. The kid has been injured and has an amazing offer list. I think he ends up being a 4 star when it’s all said and done. But we absolutely need Hugh ranked players. And these 2 position groups are the only ones I’ll trust the “diamond in the rough” theory.
We have plenty of quality of players who are more than likely silent committed that are elite players.

Yet the issue hasn't been lack of talent. Simply poor coaching. We've consistently pulled Top 20/Top 10 recruiting classes basically every year since 2014 (2018 they finished 21st).

VN Store

Back