I hope Chaney has a game plan

To deal with the heat the Gators are going to bring on Guarantano.He doesn't like to be hit and they know it.Last year we were clearly not ready and it looked like a jailbreak.
Quick slants,a few screens,somewhat of a running game would do wonders.Come on Chaney,earn your money and come up with a plan that works.We can beat these guys.

I don't want him throwing slants . Behind the receiver is bad , over the receiver is bad , too far in front is bad , to hard at the receiver is bad ....too many bads for a guy with questionable accuracy. If he can throw a screen at a speed under 95 MPH , I will agree with that. Definitely agree with the running game .

To deal with the heat the Gators are going to bring on Guarantano.He doesn't like to be hit and they know it.Last year we were clearly not ready and it looked like a jailbreak.
Quick slants,a few screens,somewhat of a running game would do wonders.Come on Chaney,earn your money and come up with a plan that works.We can beat these guys.

I’m sure he doesn’t and we are just going to run the game like it is scrimmage.....🙄

Reactions: bigorange
We won that game due to 3 Auburn turnovers. JG was good but mainly threw up 50/50 balls and got lucky.

Given that the receivers know they are going to be thrown to and the defensive backs don’t, it is more like a 60/40 or 65/35 ball. That is why OCs call those plays...the odds are in the offense’s favor. If the odds weren’t, no OC in their right mind would take a 50% risk of a turnover.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
JG hasn't proven he can lead receivers into a catch. That's probably why UT has thrown very few slants with him. He also can't sell D's on screens. How many screens have you seen UT attempt with him?

You have the right idea. JG just hasn't shown the ability to make quick decisions and hit the right receiver.

If Chaney's game plan is what the press reported from viewing the open session of practice then might as well call the game off Saturday. That short stuff isn't going to work.
Short passes, Too hot of passes for the backs to handle in the backfield, sweeps. Quick slants over the middle...
LOL that isn't ever going to work against Fla. They'll shut that down so fast the defensive will be on the field most of the game.
8 men in the box..get it...corner backs challenging each receiver and pushing them off their routes..
LOL again...excuse me.....
Forget the short stuff................let me guess....1st off Chaney is going to try to establish the run game.......lol...excuse me....

If JG can just develop throwing the ball away to escape the loss or a sack would make me happy. He has to have a mistake free game as does the rest of the team for the Vols to have a chance. UF has a "crapped the bed game" every year, it's time for them to finally have one against us rather than the reverse.

If JG can just develop throwing the ball away to escape the loss or a sack would make me happy. He has to have a mistake free game as does the rest of the team for the Vols to have a chance. UF has a "crapped the bed game" every year, it's time for them to finally have one against us rather than the reverse.
Going to have to loosen that D of theirs up Remy.....The tight ends could be an answer...mismatch...a few wheel routes and that seam pass as much as possible...
IMO we are going to have to get beyond that 5 yd stuff...and open it up...what u think..
Do you see any mismatches we can take advantage of ?

Reactions: morristown vol
He took hits last year cuz people were able to run the the OL like crap through a goose. So far the OL, at least IMO seems to be better than last year. Guarantano just needs to have his head in the game and not be late on throws or under/over throw guys that have a step. First pass last weekend was badly under thrown and should have been a pick. Chaney will have a good game plan, it just comes down to execution.

Baloney. Tua doesnt like to be hit. Brady doesnt like to be hit.
If Jg really didn't like to be hit, you guys wouldnt be complaining about him holding the ball forever and taking massive shots every week.
I think JG is a psycho, would be interesting to hear him psycho analyze himself with all them feelings learning he got :crazy:

Chaneys game plan will be like this run game > trick plays > run game > JG passing. The more the ball is not in JG's hands and in the play makers hands the better as its the only "chance" UT will have. However as soon as JG gets knocked around and throws a pick or two it will be run game only which UF will adjust for then its just 3 and outs for the remainder.

Reactions: 08Vol
Going to have to loosen that D of theirs up Remy.....The tight ends could be an answer...mismatch...a few wheel routes and that seam pass as much as possible...
IMO we are going to have to get beyond that 5 yd stuff...and open it up...what u think..
Do you see any mismatches we can take advantage of ?

Their entire DB group this year is not up to the usual grade of what UF normally puts on the field. Our WRs are bigger and overall more experienced than their DBs so we need to complete passes in the 10 to 25 yd range IMO. Let Jennings mug his coverage anytime they show him to be 1 on 1, get him the ball until they get that DB some help. Let our playmakers make plays, I'd love to see u throw a lot when our guys are getting 1 on 1 coverage, our WRs should take them. I'd love our TEs to become more prominent in the offense but they all including DWA seem to play very soft IMO. Zuniga is dangerous on their DL but he's hurt with a bad wheel this week. Run right at him, make him set that edge on that bad wheel alot and then run right at him more in the 2nd half.

Far be it from me to make up a gameplan, but if I were this thin on D line I'd play a hurry up out of the huddle to limit substitutions by UF's D, but then I'd run clock on the pre snap to keep my D off the field as long as possible.

I would not let JG snap the ball with more than 5 sec on the clock. I'd shorten this game as much as possible

We cant be one dimensional against Flo
Volnation when we can’t run the ball “ you can’t win in the sec if you can run!”

Volnation when we just pound the same run play for positive yardage finally “ we can’t beat Florida with the same run play!”

Chaney isn’t one dimensional. BYU wasn’t stopping it and JG wasnt making the best decisions. The end around on 4th down, Palmer cut up instead of running to the sideline and there was a bad block. It should have gone for 5-15 yards. Chaney is the least of your worries on offense.

Reactions: Pride85
Chaney needs to fast for a couple of days prior to the game, so he'll be really hungry to get this one over with

VN Store

Back