I hope Chaney has a game plan

To deal with the heat the Gators are going to bring on Guarantano.He doesn't like to be hit and they know it.Last year we were clearly not ready and it looked like a jailbreak.
Quick slants,a few screens,somewhat of a running game would do wonders.Come on Chaney,earn your money and come up with a plan that works.We can beat these guys.
To deal with the heat the Gators are going to bring on Guarantano.He doesn't like to be hit and they know it.Last year we were clearly not ready and it looked like a jailbreak.
Quick slants,a few screens,somewhat of a running game would do wonders.Come on Chaney,earn your money and come up with a plan that works.We can beat these guys.
Ummm how many QBs like to get hit? That's just a dumb statement, sorry.

What are you saying? Florida sent the house all day and all night the last time we played them. Why not throw quick slants and screen passes? Why use long developing plays so last year can happen all over again? You gotta make Florida pay for blitzing.

"He doesn't like getting hit." Seriously? Toughest kid I've seen in some time and who likes getting hit? Dumb.

What are you saying? Florida sent the house all day and all night the last time we played them. Why not throw quick slants and screen passes? Why use long developing plays so last year can happen all over again? You gotta make Florida pay for blitzing.
I would not try to throw quick slants and screens because I think their whole game plan will be to shut down the run. I think they will put 8 men in the box to do it. If you try to throw quick slants then you will be doing it in a very congested area which means if the ball isn't right on or tipped and not caught by the receiver then its an interception. 8 in the box means screens get shut down.

I really have no idea if the Fla defense is in as bad as shape as they are saying. Which receiver has showed you the ability to catch the quick slants in traffic other than JJ...
Do you think our receivers can get separation ? It would be ideal to try some hitch and go, fly routes or throw some seam routes which I think is JG's best throw.
If the Vols cannot run then its going to be a long day at the office for the Vols unless they can pull off another Auburn type game

We cant be one dimensional against Flo
If Chaney's game plan is what the press reported from viewing the open session of practice then might as well call the game off Saturday. That short stuff isn't going to work.
Short passes, Too hot of passes for the backs to handle in the backfield, sweeps. Quick slants over the middle...
LOL that isn't ever going to work against Fla. They'll shut that down so fast the defensive will be on the field most of the game.
8 men in the box..get it...corner backs challenging each receiver and pushing them off their routes..
LOL again...excuse me.....
Forget the short stuff................let me guess....1st off Chaney is going to try to establish the run game.......lol...excuse me....
You really can't believe that is the only plays they plan on running. They watch about 20 minutes of a what 3 hour practice. The media doesn't get to watch ANY of the installation (11 on 11) stuff at all. I love the number of "experts" that this board has. Many forget what the word assume dies.

Anybody remember the Gators vs. Bama game in ‘92 where the Bammers had that elite D? Florida was outmatched up front, but they allowed those DE’s to get up field and out of position by throwing about a million shovel passes to their backs and then high lowing them all the way up and down the field. We could do that. JG sucks between the #’s. High/lows, hitches, flats, and then some deep shots between the 30’s. That’s where we should live this week.

Reactions: 05_never_again
A
Your attempt to minimize his performance minimizes the quality of WRs he was throwing to.
Actually it doesn't. They are called 50/50 balls for a reason, the mere fact that our receivers came down with the ball speaks volumes of their athleticism and skill to out perform the DB.

Reactions: tbh

Looks like you have the "plan" worked out for him. Just go ahead and send it to him. I'm sure he is in a panic waiting for it.

Which quarterback does like to get sacked and hit? I can't think of any.

What if we put a 6th lineman as a tight end to help pass block?

I think we'll have a lot of what we saw last week -- full pass pro and limited options. If Florida has to bring extra men to get a pass rush, hopefully JG can find a 1 on 1 with the 2-3 options he'll have to pass. Or he throws it away.

If Florida hangs back in coverage, we have a lot of blockers in to run. It's not the most fun football, but avoiding sacks/ints/fumbles is the only way we're in the game in the 4th.

David Cutcliff was the master of a Florida game plan some years.. when Tenn played this game Tenn always opened up new wrinkles with the offense and gameplans, I really do miss those days.. seems since he’s left the gameplans around this game has not been very good, but that’s coaching and ya how that’s been..

Baloney. Tua doesnt like to be hit. Brady doesnt like to be hit.
If Jg really didn't like to be hit, you guys wouldnt be complaining about him holding the ball forever and taking massive shots every week.

To be fair, they changed the rules of football so Brady wouldn't get hit. If he got hit half as much as JG, or say Ben Rothlessberger, He'd would have retired long ago.

Reactions: 05_never_again

Ky Derby w a Holstein Cow, chicken salad outta chicken 5^iT, and on on on ,,, Jimmys and Joes beat Xs and Os

Whoever rushes for more yards in this game wins most of the time.

Throwing it 40 times with Guarantano is going to be a recipe for disaster IMO.

Reactions: kcvols1
Whoever rushes for more yards in this game wins most of the time.

Throwing it 40 times with Guarantano is going to be a recipe for disaster IMO.
Well, what are you going to do when they completely shut the run down ?
You have to have a mix. Its up to the QB and receivers in this game

I have no doubt that Chaney will have a plan. The question is whether it can or will be executed. Both the Vols and the lizards will have something to say about that.

Reactions: awaitingawin
Be glad it's an early game Saturday...because after the 1st quarter I can imagine a lot of people will be hitting the roads and malls to enjoy the rest of the day
Unless of course someone on the staff comes up with the brilliant idea of putting Shrout or BM in the game

VN Store

Back