Will Pittman Poach Chaney?

With Sam Pittman taking over at Arkansas, would he try to get Chaney to come with him? They have worked together for a LONG time. That was just my first thought was that he may get him for OC.

Definitely dont want to lose him!
Literally zero people that post on this board know the answer to your question. That is unless Jim Chaney has a Volnation account.

Carbone just types out whatever useless drivel the other 12 voices in his head tell him. None of it is ever based in reality, where most normal folks function.

Hearing there is real problems with the Georgia program internally. Don’t know the details.

Arkansas has about the same chance of getting Chaney as I have signing a 10 million dollar a year head coaching job taking over for Saban at Bama.

I do remember seeing a quote that Chaney wanted to retire in East Tennessee, seemed like this was his last stop. Based on that, I think he's here as long as Pruitt is employed.

I do remember seeing a quote that Chaney wanted to retire in East Tennessee, seemed like this was his last stop. Based on that, I think he's here as long as Pruitt is employed.
He does and he has kept property here since he left the last time. His wants to be here so that means he is going to be here.

With Sam Pittman taking over at Arkansas, would he try to get Chaney to come with him? They have worked together for a LONG time. That was just my first thought was that he may get him for OC.

Definitely dont want to lose him![/QUOTE

Chaney has a great salary, nobody can get close to what we pay him

Definitely dont want to lose him!
Silly season just starting, but I'm quite sure that one of, if not the highest paid OC in the country, who loves, and wants to retire in Knoxville area, will still be TN OC at the start of next football season.

I'm hoping this staff stays together at least when we play for the SEC championship . Then you know the offers will come and it'll be hard to keep it together .

Pittman is a solid hire for Arky.....and UGA just got weaker! Miles better than that steaming pant load Morris.

Pittman to Ark makes no sense to me...which means he will probably be successful.

Or he'll be the next Sal Sunseri.

Can't help but to notice that his career looks a lot like Sunseri's. He's been a position coach for a gazillion years and has been repeatedly passed up for OC jobs. Now all the sudden he gets an SEC level head coach position. Pittman is an excellent O-line coach (as Sunseri is an excellent DL / LB coach), but the fact that no one thought to promote him after several decades is probably not a good sign.

VN Store

Back