Vols practice thread Friday 12/13

Absolutely we never score many points against an average team with jg. Lots of difference in practice and game.
I know of several qbs that don’t practice well with no defense because it isn’t game like. They have no gage on where to “place” the ball. So, They’ll be off with routes in air and pinpoint vs 11-11. Then there are those that shine with no defender. In my experience, the qb that throws the best vs routes on air normally doesn’t translate well to game day. I agree JG doesn’t put up many points but I do think it’s unfair to expect him to be something he’s never been. Maurer and JG are polar opposites. JG needs a defense to win because he’s conservative. Where Maurer will make mistakes trying to blow you out.

Ummmmm.... not really
BM 47% passing only 43% of his passes were accurate on the year, third worst in the SEC.

JG 60% passing 55% of his passes were accurate.

Yup, he doesn't blow anyone out. Allergic to touchdowns.

3 of last 5

Apparently neither did you
Barely winning has become "blowing someone out" to people here because they are so desperate to actually have a good team to live vicariously through. Tennessee eeked out its last three wins. Here are the "Blowouts":
17-13 over Kentucky
24-20 over Missouri
28-10 over Vandy, one of the worst teams to ever play football in the history of football.
JG did do good though maintaining his 2 or less TD throwing abilities through those games.
3 of last five. Winning by 18 is a blowout.

BM 47% passing only 43% of his passes were accurate on the year, third worst in the SEC.

3 of last 5

You get on my nerves with that bs. If there has EVER been a more misleading stat line of a player, look at BM this year. You consistently throw that up as if he wasn’t thrown to UF unprepared. As if his 50+ yard pass to Keyton wasn’t dropped vs UTC. As if his first real action wasn’t vs the best teams in the country AND the toughest part of our schedule. As if there weren’t MANY drops. As if he didn’t throw the ball away MANY times. All while disregarding the added element he provided in rushing. Seriously man....there’s no shame in saying he’s better than the stats say he was and UT is lucky to have him.

You get on my nerves with that bs. If there has EVER been a more misleading stat line of a player, look at BM this year. You consistently throw that up as if he wasn’t thrown to UF unprepared. As if his 50+ yard pass to Keyton wasn’t dropped vs UTC. As if his first real action wasn’t vs the best teams in the country AND the toughest part of our schedule. As if there weren’t MANY drops. As if he didn’t throw the ball away MANY times. All while disregarding the added element he provided in rushing. Seriously man....there’s no shame in saying he’s better than the stats say he was and UT is lucky to have him.
Completion percentage doesn't factor drops, throwaway, or ball placement in. 47%

Accuracy on secstatcat does. He is the third worst in the SEC.

He isn't accurate and played like a freshman. No shame in telling the truth.

We are lucky we have a freshman with potential as a backup in case the starter plays poorly or gets hurt. He may or may not be needed next year.

3 of last 5

LOL. Not against Vandy, arguably the worst team in the country.

Completion percentage doesn't factor drops, throwaway, or ball placement in. 47%

We are lucky we have a freshman with potential as a backup in case the starter plays poorly or gets hurt. He may or may not be needed next year.
I’ve been apart of this game for over 30 years. You trying to convince me that completion % doesn’t factor throw aways or drops is comical. It absolutely does. Every time a qb throws a ball that stat goes somewhere. Throw away=incomplete, int=incomplete, drop= incomplete. Go tell your lies to someone else that doesn’t have a clue.

Everyone on this board is going to remember your name and the position you took against him IF it were to come down to not being “needed” at UT. Just remember that.

I’ve been apart of this game for over 30 years. You trying to convince me that completion % doesn’t factor throw aways or drops is comical. It absolutely does. Every time a qb throws a ball that stat goes somewhere. Throw away=incomplete, int=incomplete, drop= incomplete. Go tell your lies to someone else that doesn’t have a clue.
I see you are purposely being obtuse.

Completion percentage only logs if the pass is complete or not. Not if the incompletion was due to a bad pass, throwaway, or drop. Just if it was caught.
He was 47% passing by that metric.

The accuracy stat measures if the ball was thrown with good placement and timing, accurately. The outcome doesn't matter,complete or not. He was the third least accurate SEC qb.
Only 45.83% accurate passes. Third worst in the SEC.

I see you are purposely being obtuse.

Completion percentage only logs if the pass is complete or not. Not if the incompletion was due to a bad pass, throwaway, or drop. Just if it was caught.
He was 47% passing by that metric.

The accuracy stat measures if the ball was thrown with good placement and timing, accurately. The outcome doesn't matter,complete or not. He was the third least accurate SEC qb.
Only 45.83% accurate passes. Third worst in the SEC.
Stop man..... you’re making a fool of yourself.

Everyone on this board is going to remember your name and the position you took against him IF it were to come down to not being “needed” at UT. Just remember that.
I'm not against him. I'm just a realist. We may or may not need him. We have a backup with just as much experience in Shrout another with more and better career numbers in Hill, and big time freshman coming in. The starter will be a fifth year Sr with multiple years starting and finally on the same o two years in a row.

He may not be needed.

Its not like he lit it up this year. 47% with 2 tds and 5ints. Good potential though.

When did you guys first notice that you were spending a lot (in these circumstances, "a lot" == anything above 0) of time looking at another man's stomach?

Gotta get over this fascination with the bodies of our coaches and players. But especially our coaches.

and, hmm...

Go Vols!
I don't think anyone on here has ever mentioned nor especially seen another man's stomach. The word is belly. It would be really disgusting for someone to expose his stomach in public.

I'm not against him. I'm just a realist. We may or may not need him. We have a backup with just as much experience in Shrout another with more and better career numbers in Hill, and big time freshman coming in. The starter will be a fifth year Sr with multiple years starting and finally on the same o two years in a row.

He may not be needed.

Its not like he lit it up this year. 47% with 2 tds and 5ints. Good potential though.
You’re not a “realist”. In fact you have a reputation of being just the opposite. You’re a stat junkie that cherry picks to fit your arguments. If you were a realist you would credit the kid with his rushing totals as well in your arguments or better yet you would’ve thrown stats out the window and seen with your OWN EYES that the kid is by far the most talented. Your bias shows in this comment alone. JTS does NOT have just as much experience. In fact it’s not even close. Hill is an unknown and not very impressive while at Maryland. Bailey is not only behind in terms of experience as a freshman but also in raw talent and upside. Regardless of how it shakes out Maurer isn’t the kind of qb you let go. Qbs like him make fools of those did.

I know of several qbs that don’t practice well with no defense because it isn’t game like. They have no gage on where to “place” the ball. So, They’ll be off with routes in air and pinpoint vs 11-11. Then there are those that shine with no defender. In my experience, the qb that throws the best vs routes on air normally doesn’t translate well to game day. I agree JG doesn’t put up many points but I do think it’s unfair to expect him to be something he’s never been. Maurer and JG are polar opposites. JG needs a defense to win because he’s conservative. Where Maurer will make mistakes trying to blow you out.
Tyler Bray was terrible in practice, probably because of a weak mind.

Hey bro how the heck is JG supposed to look if you take into account bad passes??

VN Store

Back