And the decommitments start

False. There is no evidence of any recruit citing "Toxic media and/or messages boards" as their reason for not attending a particular school.

So since you've already stated that recruits have chosen not to attend Tennessee because of fan statements about the coach, name the recruit who didn't attend UT because of something a fan said about a coach.

I'll make more of my excellent coffee while we wait.
He can't...

I'll take a cup of coffee please... 😎☕

False. There is no evidence of any recruit citing "Toxic media and/or messages boards" as their reason for not attending a particular school.

So since you've already stated that recruits have chosen not to attend Tennessee because of fan statements about the coach, name the recruit who didn't attend UT because of something a fan said about a coach.

We've been thru this over and over again last night. There is no evidence against it either. Please give me solid evidence against what I said other than your opinion.

it can't be excellent coffee if it's like your opinions

So you lied, and now you are going to fall back on the 'appeal to ignorance' logical fallacy to try to save face? Got it.
So you lied, and now you are going to fall back on the 'appeal to ignorance' logical fallacy to try to save face? Got it.

Lied about what? If you want to stay with illogical reasoning, I'll play along. You lied when when you answered false to my question. And now you try and save face by calling me a liar.

Give me evidence that it is not true. You can't can you other than your "excellent opinion".
From what I've seen of you so far, I have chosen not to engage you as I try and make it a point not to argue/discuss issues with arrogant, haughty, ignorant people. Carry on your nonsense with the others and good luck on VolNation.

Have a nice day... ✌

Reactions: tbh and CJBlaze
Dude, Butch Jones was a terrible coach whose only redeeming quality was that he recruited extremely well here. Those 2015 & 2016 teams were stacked and should have finished 10-2 or 11-1 but Butch snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Oklahoma and Florida in 2015 (as well as losing to a lesser talented Arkansas) and loss to Vandy and South Carolina in 2016. The fact you are still defending him is absolutely mind boggling. None of what you said makes sense and everybody in this forum is now dumber for having read what you wrote. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Another poster on here whose brain is smaller than his tendency to insult. Quote: "May god have mercy on your soul." You're strange, did you know that? God will send me to hell for committing the sin of suggesting that the toxic board comments can have an impact on recruiting and team stability? If you're going the Christian route, why don't you learn to disagree in a Christian manner? Total lack of coherence between you opening comments(they are respectful and coherent )and how you ended up(somewhat strange) you must be on a holiday drunk. I'll defend Butch all day long from the likes of you.

Lied about what? If you want to stay with illogical reasoning, I'll play along. You lied when when you answered false to my question. And now you try and save face by calling me a liar.

So much fail in so short of a post. Are you really going to pretend that you didn't post this yesterday?

The lynch mob can definitely kill a coach's ability to recruit. It's may be happening to Tennessee now and has happened previously. The mob empowered is perfectly capable of destroying a football program and blaming it on the coach. Most football fans wanted a season this yr and seemed to accept the fact that even if we had a season, it was pretty much a throw away season. There are strange outcomes to games everywhere where even good teams are having awful results(Penn State). I saw some good things happen against Auburn. The team didn't give up; they outplayed Auburn, but let five or six plays prevent a victory. They played hard for Pruitt. Remember that Pruitts classes are sophomores and freshmen. I don't know about Pruitt, but I believe in supporting him thru next yr(and I'm an old codger). I don't have that many yrs left and I'm willing to give more time since it looks like he's going to be here regardless. Some of you younger folks need to back off and relax. The internet greatly empowers the lynch mob and gives it more power than it should have. When what was a decent class is no longer, it will be due to the mob mentality more than anything else. I have seen the enemy and it's us.

Name the recruits that didn't come to Tennessee because of a "lynch mob".

have you considered decommitting? This is a very young very inexperienced team that missed spring and fall camps. They are going to need time and reps to get better and changing coaches/systems wholesale at this point would retard the process 3-4 more years.

How is this team young and inexperienced?

Another poster on here whose brain is smaller than his tendency to insult. Quote: "May god have mercy on your soul." You're strange, did you know that? God will send me to hell for committing the sin of suggesting that the toxic board comments can have an impact on recruiting and team stability? If you're going the Christian route, why don't you learn to disagree in a Christian manner? Total lack of coherence between you opening comments(they are respectful and coherent )and how you ended up(somewhat strange) you must be on a holiday drunk. I'll defend Butch all day long from the likes of you.
You keep talking about the intellectual deficiency of slinging insults WHILE slinging insults.

I never gave Fulmer a pass. He was a lucky man who followed Johnny Majors and stabbed him in the back with him coming out of heart surgery. I know that's not an original accusation, but it is true. Johnny built the program and had it clicking on all cylinders and kept the momentum till Fulmer gradually ran it in the ground. I don't think that that mean that Fulmer is incapable of hiring a good coach. It may be that getting a good coach is a matter of blind luck. i don't know. Even though they weren't the best of the SEC, his run last year was impressive. this is a throwaway yr. His true recruits are Freshmen and sophomores. Let it play out. He's probably going to be here next year anyway. I saw the players play their hearts out for Pruitt> I saw it in the Auburn game. We outplayed Auburn, a few plys ruined it. If these kinks can't be worked out next yr in a more covid free environment, then go for another coach. Please don't go after Freeze

Majors was never that good of a coach...he was about 0.500 after 4 seasons and very inconsistent over his tenure except for his losses to Bama.

have you considered decommitting? This is a very young very inexperienced team that missed spring and fall camps. They are going to need time and reps to get better and changing coaches/systems wholesale at this point would retard the process 3-4 more years.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Pruitt has got to go!

Go get your participation trophy. But us true Vols can see the writing on the wall. Enough with the excuses.

I wonder why? Butch Jones had a pretty decent career before he came here. Johnny Majors had a good run until Fulmer and the fans did a number on him(I'm not a big Fulmer fan). Being fair though, the Fulmer backers claim Fulmer was treated badly. He's not coached since being fired. Something in the water here destroys them as a coaches. Wonder what it is? Are they no good before they became a head coach here or are there other factors? I'm not buying what some are saying about bringing in a successful, proven coach. One of the best ever was a young assistant coach at Arkansas who played his college ball at Florida. Our athletic director by the name of Bob Woodruff hired him as our head coach. Doug Dickey was his name. That couldn't happen today because many of our fans are hung up on the notion that our head coach has to have played at tennessee. There goes General Neyland out the window. Dickey did go on to become head coach at florida after he left here, but his career there wasn't great shakes. He did come back here as athletic director in 1985 and presided over what some would say was the golden age of of Tennessee sports, not just football, but practically every sport played a UT.

True about Dickey but I was referring to recent hires like in the last 50 YEAR'S !!!!

Get out of here with that nonsense.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Pruitt has got to go!

Go get your participation trophy. But us true Vols can see the writing on the wall. Enough with the excuses.
True Vols fan, why because you complain. What ha e you done for the school other than o serve the games.

I believe that China is to blame for our recruiting losses. If you doubt that, prove to me that none of our decommits has/will decommit(ted) because of China’s tampering with our program. You can’t.

Because it is virtually impossible to prove a negative.

Idjit.

In all fairness, we weren't the only team to miss practices. Others did, yet their coach looks like a coach, and their qb's aren't setting pick 6 records.

Reactions: tbh and BeardedVol

VN Store

Back