And the decommitments start

Wait till the transfer portal gets flooded like New Orleans in a Hurricane after the season with our players.

Reactions: hog88
Sometimes WE fans(I most definitely include myself) just make things worse for ourselves. Now I guess we will lose this excellent recruiting class because all of our complaining. Coach Pruitt I still support you , but not Chaney !
Chaney would be a better head coach than Pruitt.

I want to win, yes Freeze made a huge mistake, and he has paid dearly for it. Everyone deserves a second chance get Freeze locked in before someone else does. We did the same thing with Mullens, we could have got him had we acted faster.
Mullen would of chosen UT if it was his only choice. It wasn’t so your last sentence is not correct.

In all fairness, we weren't the only team to miss practices. Others did, yet their coach looks like a coach, and their qb's aren't setting pick 6 records.
not many missed 90% of fall and all of spring with 2/3 of the roster with little to no reps last year. Guys are in position but missing tackles on D, WRs are open but an inconsistent QB is missing them or the WR is running the wrong route, OLine guys are not in football condition because they had to be quarantined for contact tracing like way too much of the team this off season. When you can’t scrimmage or practice guys make mistakes or don’t develop on pace to win. Weight room and mental reps only go so far.

How is this team young and inexperienced?

Have you looked at the 2 deep?
4 of the 6 in the WR 2 deep are new or played sparingly last year
4 of the Oline 2 deep are SO/FR/Transfer

There isn’t a TE with snaps

QB is Gitmo and 3 guys with limited or no playing time

RB has 2 of 3 guys SO/FR

DL is the most experienced group

LB has a SO with the most playing time

CB has been injury plagued and playing FR

S has 3 of the 4 as FR/SO or played sparingly before

This team is running on SO and FR because Jones failed miserably at building a program. Those FR and SO missed the bulk of the offseason. Thus the team is young, inexperienced, needs reps and time to develop. Hell we don’t know what kind of team we have right now.

Please don't try to act like we are "making room" it looks like some of the better players are losing faith.
While I believe the hot seat of Pruitt is part of the problem, Pruitts hot seat is because of his poor performance.
Damarius McGhee decommits from Tennessee
"recruited over" LOL Remember those days? Butch's first two years. That was almost as common as, "Butch gets it" Dang, those were the days.

Reactions: jonnon111
I've listened to a couple of people this weekend who at least know the right people to be informed as to what is going on in the UTAD and among some of the key boosters. That doesn't mean they really know, just that they have better sources than most of us. What I am hearing is that the staff, led by Pruitt, has convinced the right people that the 2021 class has been carefully evaluated and includes many underrated prospects such that the class will be the equivalent of a top five class in terms of talent although the class ranking will not reflect that. If the class falls apart on early signing day and we lose 2 of the last 3 games, I don't think Pruitt will be our coach next season.

I've listened to a couple of people this weekend who at least know the right people to be informed as to what is going on in the UTAD and among some of the key boosters. That doesn't mean they really know, just that they have better sources than most of us. What I am hearing is that the staff, led by Pruitt, has convinced the right people that the 2021 class has been carefully evaluated and includes many underrated prospects such that the class will be the equivalent of a top five class in terms of talent although the class ranking will not reflect that. If the class falls apart on early signing day and we lose 2 of the last 3 games, I don't think Pruitt will be our coach next season.

Given the product on the field, why would any of those people believe that Pruitt and his staff are capable of evaluating talent that isn't unanimously 4/5*, or develop that non-4/5* talent once it is on campus?

Not true. If you are good enough the NFL will find you

Ehhh. Jones basically sat on Kamara. He goes to the Saints in the late third round. Suddenly he's offensive rookie of the year and a superstar. My point is, if I'm a young WR and want to go to the NFL, Vols rank barely above Austin Peay in terms of receiving yards. Stats like that won't draw NFL scouts to see you.

Given the product on the field, why would any of those people believe that Pruitt and his staff are capable of evaluating talent that isn't unanimously 4/5*, or develop that non-4/5* talent once it is on campus?
I don't know how they could've done their best job evaluating talent when nobody is taking visits. I assume they haven't been able to do much more than watch a little film to see whether or not prospects have stayed on the expected trajectory from JR to SR seasons. I am also dubious of the claim that they have found a class full of sleepers that many others misevaluated. Apparently, they're telling people that they wanted to play the young players this season but the cancelled practices due to COVID forced them to stay with upperclassmen. I also doubt that but that is the story they seem to be running with. If the AD and boosters are buying that, it tells me they are looking for any justification not to make a change.

Wait till the transfer portal gets flooded like New Orleans in a Hurricane after the season with our players.
As long as we have this admin/BOT/coaching staff, recruiting really doesn't matter at all. Let 'em decommit, transfer or just quit. 2 wins, 3 wins or go winless. What does it matter. UT will remain hopeless losers.

I don't know how they could've done their best job evaluating talent when nobody is taking visits. I assume they haven't been able to do much more than watch a little film to see whether or not prospects have stayed on the expected trajectory from JR to SR seasons. I am also dubious of the claim that they have found a class full of sleepers that many others misevaluated. Apparently, they're telling people that they wanted to play the young players this season but the cancelled practices due to COVID forced them to stay with upperclassmen. I also doubt that but that is the story they seem to be running with. If the AD and boosters are buying that, it tells me they are looking for any justification not to make a change.

Great news...... 🙄

I would say no one is that gullible, but the current state of affairs would prove otherwise

Have you looked at the 2 deep?
4 of the 6 in the WR 2 deep are new or played sparingly last year
4 of the Oline 2 deep are SO/FR/Transfer

There isn’t a TE with snaps

QB is Gitmo and 3 guys with limited or no playing time

RB has 2 of 3 guys SO/FR

DL is the most experienced group

LB has a SO with the most playing time

CB has been injury plagued and playing FR

S has 3 of the 4 as FR/SO or played sparingly before

This team is running on SO and FR because Jones failed miserably at building a program. Those FR and SO missed the bulk of the offseason. Thus the team is young, inexperienced, needs reps and time to develop. Hell we don’t know what kind of team we have right now.

Have you seen the 2 deeps of other SEC teams?

Yup

And I read on here earlier now someone is even blaming the internet and "social media" bc people like to complain.

It's pathetic actually
It really is stunning how differently people can observe the same situation.

VN Store

Back