5 UT Transfers are projected Starters

Vol fans know more about these players and how they play, react in game situations than their new coaches do. Other than Gray, I’m not losing sleep over any of them gone. Chandler is a good kid and a decent player but nothing special for SEC play. We probably have as good if not better now. Morris is lazy and not a LT in the SEC. We didn’t see enough of Lawrence to miss him. Johnson had a big game vs sc I believe. Did nothing but stupid penalties the rest of the season. Don’t get me started on “quick Six Guarantano”.

I've read some of the NFL scouting critiques of Trey Smith and the "coaching" he received. This is a guy who has likely lost 7 (possibly 8) figures from his first NFL contract due to the coaching he received. We've seen it with other players at that position (Mays, Wright, Morris). JGs fundamentals got worse each year. I've coached elementary school LBs who take better angles than our team did last year. You layer 3 to 4 assistants who were in over their head, plus a HC in over his head, and outdated offensive and defensive schemes and you get what we saw last year.

I'm not sure Heupel will be the answer but I know it's going to take a while to fix the fundamental and schematic mess he inherited. Thankfully for us, outside of the Big 3 games on our schedule, we should not be at a huge physical disadvantage in the 9 remaining games....

Two words: Will Friend

so you are saying that transfers to schools like that have sat the bench? 2nd team or 3rd team? Look at those teams player losses at those positions. Not going to argue with anyone but the only one that is a loss is Gray and if the juco guy is half as good as some say, may not miss him much. Hopefully our backs this year can block on pass plays cause gray could miss his shadow. Actually his blocking resembles Morris alot, alot of ole
In terms of our team needs. None of them were bigtime losses looking at what replaced them.

But that wasn't the point of my post...

@LittleVol

It will likely take more than one offseason to reverse some of the "coaching" this team has received the past three years and to reverse the culture from the lying, cheating Gump that ran the program...

Talent wise, only Bama, UF, and UGA are more talented on our schedule.
I agree.

Seems like the last three years I read on this board where the previous regime had to unscrew the Butch era.

5 guys off a 3-7 UT ball club are projected starters at OU, UNC, and Miami.

OU (Big 12 Champs 2020)
- Gray is already the 3rd down back and looks to be the outright favorite as RB 1
- Lawrence is the projected starter at NB. And already has rep for being one of the stronger guys pound for pound on the team.
- Morris is still recovering from an injury from his time here, but he is the projected starter at LT

UNC- ACC Coastal runner-up
Ty Chandler- projected starter at RB and KR

Miami- 8-4 in 2020
- D Johnson projected starter at EDGE. Battled through a Quaritine protocol to emerge as one starting option at DE.

Wazzu- yeah that guy is starting there now.

So, how is this possible, when we supposedly just weren't very talented???

My point of this thread is to spotlight how you cannot give one ounce of legitimacy towards the Pruitt era, and the record of 2020. He was by a large margin the worst coach in UT history.

Heupel has the following:
Hyatt **** 4.3 -40
Wideman ****
Calloway **** 4.4
Keyton ****
Merrill **** 4.4
Holliday- 4.3
Jones- 4.3 proven playmaker
Coby and Tillman have ability too.

RB
Better overall than last year believe it or not.

Look man, Mizzou, UK, USCE, Pitt, Tech,
S-Bama, Vandy, are not more talented than us.

Look at the beginning of this post to remind you how we really don't know what's on our roster.

We HAD 3 guys that just transferred to a Playoff team and are projected starterS

So a bad team is now down 5 starters and you believe they are better now?

Reactions: miket4god
5 guys off a 3-7 UT ball club are projected starters at OU, UNC, and Miami.

OU (Big 12 Champs 2020)
- Gray is already the 3rd down back and looks to be the outright favorite as RB 1
- Lawrence is the projected starter at NB. And already has rep for being one of the stronger guys pound for pound on the team.
- Morris is still recovering from an injury from his time here, but he is the projected starter at LT

UNC- ACC Coastal runner-up
Ty Chandler- projected starter at RB and KR

Miami- 8-4 in 2020
- D Johnson projected starter at EDGE. Battled through a Quaritine protocol to emerge as one starting option at DE.

Wazzu- yeah that guy is starting there now.

So, how is this possible, when we supposedly just weren't very talented???

My point of this thread is to spotlight how you cannot give one ounce of legitimacy towards the Pruitt era, and the record of 2020. He was by a large margin the worst coach in UT history.

Heupel has the following:
Hyatt **** 4.3 -40
Wideman ****
Calloway **** 4.4
Keyton ****
Merrill **** 4.4
Holliday- 4.3
Jones- 4.3 proven playmaker
Coby and Tillman have ability too.

RB
Better overall than last year believe it or not.

Look man, Mizzou, UK, USCE, Pitt, Tech,
S-Bama, Vandy, are not more talented than us.

Look at the beginning of this post to remind you how we really don't know what's on our roster.

We HAD 3 guys that just transferred to a Playoff team and are projected starterS
Who?

The 5 former players that are starting for better teams.
Even though they sucked...like everyone else left on the roster now, supposedly. The misuse of talent means that the talent STILL available hasn't been used to it's capacity either.

You saying "WHO?" is entirely against the purpose of the post.

Reactions: Wireless1
So a bad team is now down 5 starters and you believe they are better now?

Fine I'll humor you.

YES it will be better. Why do you think we made a coaching change??🙄.
You do coach right? It matters does it not?

The WHOLE POINT of the post was to spotlight how bad the coaching was.
We obviously HAD/HAVE more talent than
3-7.

Just being contrary for the sake of it is a waste of time vol8188. Come on man..

Reactions: Wireless1
Fine I'll humor you.

YES it will be better. Why do you think we made a coaching change??🙄.
You do coach right? It matters does it not?

The WHOLE POINT of the post was to spotlight how bad the coaching was.
We obviously HAD/HAVE more talent than
3-7.

Just being contrary for the sake of it is a waste of time vol8188. Come on man..

We are taking that same team and removing 7 (HT, Crouch, Gray, Morris, Lawrence, D Johnson, and J Johnson) of the most talented players (not to include guys who graduated).

This is a bad roster. Outside of running back, offensive line, and defensive line (depth only, not overall talent), there’s not a lot to like about this roster.

Easy answer, culture. Guys don’t(didn’t) feel the need to compete or give the effort at Tennessee. No one was willing to hold anyone else accountable because they were only looking out for themselves. It didn’t mean as much to wear the power T. The previous coaching staff was not cohesive and everyone had their own ideas and ways of doing things. I will not be surprised to see these transfers, when held to a different standard, ball out. That’s my opinion.
GBO!!
And your opinion is spot on.

Not sure how other supposed knowledgeable posters can't see this🙄

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
We are taking that same team and removing 7 (HT, Crouch, Gray, Morris, Lawrence, D Johnson, and J Johnson) of the most talented players (not to include guys who graduated).

This is a bad roster. Outside of running back, offensive line, and defensive line (depth only, not overall talent), there’s not a lot to like about this roster.

Crouch and Henry T are probably going to transfer to a better team and start as well.
7 guys...that shouldn't be able to start for better teams. But they will.

Answer the question. Does coaching matter or not??

Wideman top 100 player WR
Hyatt top 150 player WR
Keyton 4 star WR
Calloway 4 star WR
Merril 4 star WR
So I guess these guys are trash??

Not to mention Velus Jones.

You're still going off the product Jeremy Pruitt put on the field. He got fired for a reason. Coaching matters. Good coaching from the HC even more so...

Gray , HT , Lawrence will be the only ones we miss from this group ... Chandler ( we have better now) , Morris ( over rated ) , JJohnson ( inconsistent - penalty waiting to happen ) - D Johnson ( penalty machine ) , Crouch ( gret lloking kid ..looks the part but never grasped LB )

Reactions: HalfullVol
The 5 former players that are starting for better teams.
Even though they sucked...like everyone else left on the roster now, supposedly. The misuse of talent means that the talent STILL available hasn't been used to it's capacity either.

You saying "WHO?" is entirely against the purpose of the post.
never heard of her

Crouch and Henry T are probably going to transfer to a better team and start as well.
7 guys...that shouldn't be able to start for better teams. But they will.

Answer the question. Does coaching matter or not??

Coaching matters. No one is pretending otherwise. But our roster is bad and will limit the value of our coaching. Our talent wasn’t great last year and we’ve removed a lot of talent from that team

Wideman top 100 player WR
Hyatt top 150 player WR
Keyton 4 star WR
Calloway 4 star WR
Merril 4 star WR
So I guess these guys are trash??

Not to mention Velus Jones.

You're still going off the product Jeremy Pruitt put on the field. He got fired for a reason. Coaching matters. Good coaching from the HC even more so...

Our WRs are likely in the middle of the pack of the SEC in terms of their recruiting rankings and the lower half of the pack in terms of experience.

That’s not a good combination.

VN Store

Back