Nike “Smokey Grey” Series Launches on Rocky Top

@DeerPark12 , are there still plans for a black helmet and the Dark Mode unis to be worn this year, or does this take the place of that? I cant imagine they'd do away with the Dark Mode as much as they have been used with recruits. But, I for one, want to see the black helmet with the dark mode. Do you know any updates?

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
These uniforms unconsciously feel like a Butch Jones thing, which doesn't sit well with me. I know it's only coincidence, and I'll get over it, but nonetheless thought it worth mentioning.

Still like the jerseys. And I like that they're mixing it up in future seasons.
Talk yourself into liking them. They are sharp.

I like them but I'd honestly wish we'd choose either SG or black but not both.

Yes, but make it the SG ... it is very compelling w the OR contrast color. When they all sime slight WT accents, it really gonna pop like the Adidas version did.

Nike “Smokey Grey” Series Launches on Rocky Top - University of Tennessee Athletics

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Nike's "Smokey Grey" uniform makes its triumphant return to Rocky Top in 2022. The fan-favorite, alternate design will serve as a uniform option for Tennessee football this fall as part of the new Smokey Grey Series.

The new initiative will see the Volunteers wear Smokey Grey uniforms for at least one game for each of the next four seasons (2022, '23, '24 and '25), with the potential to scale beyond those years.
Remember to use the link on the top right hand corner so Freak get a few cents when you order online.

Never anything but the power T on the helmet. All for changin up the colors now and then though. I like black with orange T for all black blackout unis.

Or just the smokey grey helmets on the classic home uni.

Holloway throwback jerseys would be sweet.

I don’t care if they want to wear them but play the big games in the traditional orange. Tennessee orange vs Alabama crimson, vs Ga Red, Florida Blue. I hate seeing an alternate jersey in a big traditional game.

Just win.... Dont care about what jerseys are worn... This is a repeat topic that doesnt mean a thing the past 10 years....

You're crazy. Helmets were the best part.

Also in curiosity, does anyone have the silhouetted mountains without the Vol stuff? I was wanting to do something with it.

I liked it as well. Enough so, that I incorporated it into my basement. Here are some pics of my effort. But as you can see, I did add my Vol stuff as well…824D75B0-ABDD-4BFA-BC29-D17D8B8F0495.jpegAB24AA7D-E513-43F4-B642-73FCF6D6C4CF.jpeg68D10DBE-A906-4B3E-9CE4-356E297DD684.jpeg41F0EA1A-4E7D-4A50-BA05-6D9AC91237A1.jpeg2DBA87A6-E53B-446A-A0B2-CA6B7C5ADAC0.jpeg

The best teams don’t? Really? Georgia? Ohio State? Oklahoma? LSU? They’ve all been at the top year in and year out yet all of them have multiple uniform options.
Really? I see GA, tOSU & OK wearing their red jerseys when they can. LSU likes their white jerseys. Wish TN could wear orange jerseys every game.There’s not a better uniform in all of college. When TN is wearing orange everyone knows it is TN. Not much difference between tOSU & GA. Not much difference between Bama, A&M & MS ST. We stand out.

Kids like the different uniforms., Gotta deal with it.
Move on....................

Hate both. Don’t see Bama doing it & they play for a NC each year. Look at Penn St. Uniforms are bland but they put out some tough kids every year. If we’re recruiting guys who want to look good in uniforms give me the Cindy Crawford of the world. White on white & orange on white the best. Grey & black just not TN.
I get it, I'd rather orange and white combinations only, with black cleats. But, I also don't really care as long as it's what the players want. And as far as what the gumps do or don't do, I REALLY don't care. Whatever they're doing is working for them and for us not to try anything and everything we have to so we can find what works for us is dumb. I mean "Alabama doesn't do it so we shouldn't " is lame in my opinion. They're winning championships so we shouldn't wear a smokey gray uniform once or twice a year? Okay.

But, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter.

I don’t care if they want to wear them but play the big games in the traditional orange. Tennessee orange vs Alabama crimson, vs Ga Red, Florida Blue. I hate seeing an alternate jersey in a big traditional game.
GA and FL aren't really "traditional rivalries," or big games that matter for the last decade or so.

TN and GA only played 21 times before 1992
TN and FL played only 19 times before 1990

Really? I see GA, tOSU & OK wearing their red jerseys when they can. LSU likes their white jerseys. Wish TN could wear orange jerseys every game.There’s not a better uniform in all of college. When TN is wearing orange everyone knows it is TN. Not much difference between tOSU & GA. Not much difference between Bama, A&M & MS ST. We stand out.
All of those teams wear alternate uniforms at different points during the year. Ohio State has the exact same black uniforms as we do (one of the reasons I thought the black uni was overdone), they have grey alts, red pants, all white unis, OU has several different alternates, LSU does too, UGA has black and throwback unis too, even Penn State wore an alternate last year. Every NFL team has alternate. It’s shouldn’t be a problem as long as they don’t suck.

VN Store

Back