Lots of LSU fans claiming their freshman QB who apparently is more of a pure passer than Daniels might start

I’d guess our focus will be to pressure the QB nonstop, every play, either force a freshman QB to think fast or make a gimpy Daniels run until he can‘t. Might even be able to do it with just our front 4, let the LBs set back in coverage, hopefully turn the ball over. If we can score and force them to play catch up we win big. But what do I know🤷🏻‍♂️

Garrett Nussmeier who was rated a high 4 star prospect out of Texas.

I personally want us to play against Daniels simply because he can not stand in the pocket snd throw the ball downfield and plays scared in big games. Our dline will give him panic attacks.

A QB, even a freshman, who has the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes is literally kryptonite for our defense.
Not sure I agree w/ that. Let's say he's as good as Pitts starting QB....which would be something...we still hit him plenty enough to disrupt him and put him out of the game. The rushing QBs give us fits because we want to keep them in a pocket and DBs play zone so they can keep eyes on QB for scrambles...this scenario hasn't been our best structure. We are best when we are blitzing and DBs play man...but if we're blitzing and a running QB gashes us easier, it could make for some long QB runs. I just think we're set up better for a traditional drop back QB. I think LSU D is better than UF, but don't think LSU offense is better than the AR UF offense we played against.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
It’s a no win situation for us, either way the starter was hurt or it was a freshman starting. Our win will not be impressive unless we score big and shut them down or we‘ll be called overrated if we do,,,, that other thing.
Agree, but to me, a win is a win...and I'd be happy/proud however we come about it.

Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx
We're going to batter the sh*t out of Nussmeier if he plays. LSU fans think he's the second coming but the dude stands around like he's got cinder blocks for cleats and throws like he's got one tied on his arm.

I personally want us to play against Daniels simply because he can not stand in the pocket snd throw the ball downfield and plays scared in big games. Our dline will give him panic attacks.

A QB, even a freshman, who has the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes is literally kryptonite for our defense.

Replacement QB in a game with LSU? Don't want to watch that movie again.

Lol sure. Bring a freshman QB to a shootout with the #1 offense with a senior QB Heisman candidate with zero interceptions. Do it

I think I would take my chances against a freshman making his first start, along with LSU’S shaky OLine. It’ll be blitz city all game long

Slovis was a huge threat until we took him out of the game. Whoever plays QB for them this weekend, i want to see us throw the kitchen sink at him.

That “huge” threat was completing 58% of his passes and had twice as many turnovers as td’s………..just saying.

Also up to now he’s had 5 TD’s and 2 interceptions with a 48 QBR.

Maybe he’s just not as big a threat as folks thought.

We have no zone awareness and just let Florida receivers roam freely in the seams. The coaches are going to have to do a much better job teaching players how to defend their zone if we are going to keep running it.

Hopefully we just abandon it and go with pressure and man to man. It literally can't go any worse than playing zone did against Florida.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I’m less worried about who they have under center than our O vs. their D. While you can question who they have played that defense is still 3rd in the SEC and will be the most physical we have played to date.

If we give HH time to throw and RBs some room to run I believe we will be alright. If we go three and out in 90sec too often we will be asking our defense to hold up an entire game.

Worst case for us is a low scoring game in doubt late. We can probably score 24 or more points but it will be a grind.

The line is down to -2.5 so Vegas expects this to be a dogfight. Just need to score one more point than they do!

GBO!

Key will be to avoid turnovers in this game especially in the first half. LSU forced auburn to turn the ball over alot last Saturday. Early turnover kept Florida in the game when they failed to score on their first two possessions. If we can get up 3-4 TDs early then it’s ballgame unless we just go comatose in the 2nd half.

Honestly, I think this is wishful... and delusional... thinking on their part. Their OL does not protect well. Daniels has kept them from looking as bad as they are. Daniels hasn't be good... but I really can't imagine Kelly throwing an immobile Fr pocket passer out there against UT. In limited time, he was 2 for 6 for 5 yds vs Auburn. I believe he took a sack as well.

If they're willing to gift that to UT... then I'm all for it.

VN Store

Back