Lots of LSU fans claiming their freshman QB who apparently is more of a pure passer than Daniels might start

The backup QB is always the greatest player on the team when the starter isn’t playing great.

Garrett Nussmeier who was rated a high 4 star prospect out of Texas.

I personally want us to play against Daniels simply because he can not stand in the pocket snd throw the ball downfield and plays scared in big games. Our dline will give him panic attacks.

A QB, even a freshman, who has the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes is literally kryptonite for our defense.

Disagree completely. You can bring more pressure and fluster a freshman who isn't very mobile. Force him to make mistakes. Daniels is speedy and played decent vs a good Auburn defense. If he doesn't get hurt, LSU wins by 2 scores vs Auburn.

And Daniels has completed nearly 70% of his passes this year, so I don't know why you would expect him to be worse against our pass d than a freshman. It's a moot point though because Daniels has already been announced as starting.

Last edited:
Disagree completely. You can bring more pressure and fluster a freshman who isn't very mobile. Force him to make mistakes. Daniels is speedy and played decent vs a good Auburn defense. If he doesn't get hurt, LSU wins by 2 scores vs Auburn.

And Daniels has completed nearly 70% of his passes this year, so I don't know why you would expect him to be worse against our pass d than a freshman. It's a moot point though because Daniels has already been announced as starting.

After analyzing him more and watch some clips of him play, i have to agree. Our pass rush would murder Nuss if he played. Would force at least two turnovers as well imo.

Looks like Daniels will play but apparently it wasn't Nussmeier people were talking about. Apparently it was a true 4* Fr named Walker Howard.

I think the pass defense will look much better against a pure pocket passer. The defensive line has already proven they can harass a pocket QB but we are still unproven at stopping a running QB. The DB's on any team are only as good as time given the QB to throw. Cut that time they look like all americans.

I think the pass defense will look much better against a pure pocket passer. The defensive line has already proven they can harass a pocket QB but we are still unproven at stopping a running QB. The DB's on any team are only as good as time given the QB to throw. Cut that time they look like all americans.
If the problems are not related to scheme or the DC then they will look better every time they play. Experience will help them start anticipating better. They're playing lots and lots of zone. You don't have to be as athletically talented but you do have to "see" and anticipate. UT is slow reacting in their zone coverage.

The backup QB is always the greatest player on the team when the starter isn’t playing great.
It appears they jumped right over the back up to the 3rd string. Apparently they were hoping for Walker Howard, not Nussmeier.

Reactions: Sarms58
We have a disgusting ability to make LSU QBs look like Heisman front runners
Imagine that the person you replaced at work was fired for consistently losing sales to a company with worse bids... Would it be fair to assume that you will too?

I have more respect for LSU defense than I do their offense. I doubt Tennessee starts real fast (havent in any big game this year really) but I havent seen a player for LSU as dynamic as AR is so I think (hope) the defense plays better. I think Fla OL is better than LSU's and Tennessee DL held their RBs in check. Daniels is a good runner but not a AR. Not sure he passes as well either. Key for Tennessee is not letting LSU run and maintain the ball all day.

Defensively, LSU can rush the passer. Not impressed with their performance in the secondary vs Auburn. Over 330 yds in basically 3 qtrs was almost as bad as Vols vs Fla. Tennessee did neutralize Cox at Fla who is similar to the LSU rush guy. Both are preseason All SEC. If they can do that, Tennessee can score some points I believe. Tennessee isnt the same offensive attack as Miss State. Faster pace, deeper throws, more runs.....

Kelly alluded to the number of players on the DL Tennessee plays as something that got his attention. Auburn for example didnt play near as many and they were gassed by 4th qtr. Tennessee playing 8-10 DL will help vs LSU OL.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

VN Store

Back