Lots of LSU fans claiming their freshman QB who apparently is more of a pure passer than Daniels might start

Tillman was limited in practice today. May not play this weekend but it’s great sign that he moved around a little bit

After reading articles about the surgery , that’s amazing . It’s crazy how far sports medicine has come and how fast these guys heal now .

Doesn't matter who the QB is, he will have a career day throwing against our secondary. Wide open recievers will be a plenty for LSU. This will be another game in the 30s
LSUs backup QB looked pretty rough against Auburn. If TN can get pressure, which I'm sure they will, I think he will make TNs D look good, actually.

Probably the better choice in their situation, but remember the pressure we put on the Pitt QB’s. Freshman will get hit.

Reactions: sjt18
LSUs backup QB looked pretty rough against Auburn. If TN can get pressure, which I'm sure they will, I think he will make TNs D look good, actually.
If TN can hit him as many times as they did Slovis for Pitt, then I think we will control their offense some. I dont want to see our secondary give up play after play though. Starts in the trenches.

Garrett Nussmeier who was rated a high 4 star prospect out of Texas.

I personally want us to play against Daniels simply because he can not stand in the pocket snd throw the ball downfield and plays scared in big games. Our dline will give him panic attacks.

A QB, even a freshman, who has the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes is literally kryptonite for our defense.
Sitting duck. Hit him in the mouth.

It’s a no win situation for us, either way the starter was hurt or it was a freshman starting. Our win will not be impressive unless we score big and shut them down or we‘ll be called overrated if we do,,,, that other thing.

It’s a no win situation for us, either way the starter was hurt or it was a freshman starting. Our win will not be impressive unless we score big and shut them down or we‘ll be called overrated if we do,,,, that other thing.
Who cares what we are “called” as long as we keep winning. I’d much rather “almost lose” than the alternative…which is what we’ve been used to for a decade.

Beating ranked SEC teams on the road is ALWAYS impressive.

Garrett Nussmeier who was rated a high 4 star prospect out of Texas.

I personally want us to play against Daniels simply because he can not stand in the pocket snd throw the ball downfield and plays scared in big games. Our dline will give him panic attacks.

A QB, even a freshman, who has the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver strikes is literally kryptonite for our defense.

I’d much rather face Nussmeier. He’s a statue beck there. Tennessee can play man and bring pressure.

Last edited:
Tennessee needs to jump up on LSU fast and early like Auburn did.

We can't afford any early turnovers like we had that first potential scoring drive from our tightend against Florida.

If you go back and rewatch that game we shot ourselves in the foots many times and literally kept Florida in the game. Should have won by 3 scores at least.
Same thing with Pitt. We should’ve/could’ve blown that game open. We’re 4-0, but honestly don’t think we’ve played our best game yet.

I think LSU will try to play keep away with us and go on long sustained drives to keep our offense off the field like Florida was trying to do in the first half against us. I think we can stop their run game alright but def have concerns about our secondary. I would rather go against that freshman QB than daniels because how we struggle with a mobile QB.

Daniels definitely is not good at going down field with his passes and lacks the confidence to do so. His biggest threat are busted plays after he scrambles around some like AR but not nearly as naturally gifted or as a freakish athlete.

This new kid though is apparently mote of a natural gunslinger type.

Not going to lie, our secondary scares the **** out of me against any QB that can somewhat accurately throw the ball downfield. Haven't watched his tape yet so no idea how good he is.

Nussmeier played terribly against Auburn. LSU can’t protect him with that line. We’ll blitz often. I’d much rather face him.

That's what Pitt was saying about Slovis.
That's exactly what I came better to say. It will be a repeat of that game, as LSU's O-Line is worse than the Pitt one we faced. Plus, he also looked pretty awful at the end of the auburn game. Without Daniels legs that LSU offense is not going to be good, he their leading rusher as well.

Tillman was limited in practice today. May not play this weekend but it’s great sign that he moved around a little bit
Love Ced.

But maybe he needs to shut it down and get ready for the draft! Time for Keyton to up his stock🤔

LSU has also to worry about their pass protection just like Tennessee does. Their OL is the weakest part of their team I believe.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It wont matter LSU will still be left in the exhaust fumes of the Tennessee offense.

Well
We have faced 2 top 25 teams through four games. Our defense played better against Pitt's pocket passers instead of Richardson at UF.
Richardson killed us through the air though. Without the threat of qb runs we can blitz without worrying so much about containing the qb.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I think we will prepare assuming Daniels, and prioritize limiting his running, daring him to throw on us. I would be really surprised if he burned us with passing as bad as Richardson was able to do. In any case, I think we can make adjustments, unlike UT teams pre-Heupel.

I just hope and pray we don't go on one of those jags where we attempt multiple runs between the tackles. Surely this offense can do so much more than that.

It wont matter LSU will still be left in the exhaust fumes of the Tennessee offense.
I love the smell of 2 stroke exhaust in the mornings! TNs offense runs like a 19’ Bullet with a 3.0 Merc sitting on the back!!

VN Store

Back