Thoughts on Brian Kelley

He played 1-1.5 tough games when picking their schedule. He did ok in the ACC.

He has been embarrassed and out coached in multiple games that the other team has a pulse.

Reactions: igotworms
Maybe he's a different guy in off the field interactions but he looks like a miserable guy to work for/play for.

You can say all the bad things about Kelly that you want to, but it does not change the fact that we will have a battle on our hands with LSU. They will be prepared to play!!
You know nothing about the game of football.............

Interesting. I'll take any bets from those who think Brian Kelly will win as many National Championships as Ed Orgeron.

With all that said. Georgia Tech is beating Pittsburgh by 12 in the 4th quarter.
These bets are still open................

I think he's a square peg in a round hole.

I think he feels uncomfortable there, and so is continuously "acting." He's not being himself, he's being what he thinks would fit better. Which means those Cajuns aren't going to buy it. They're good at sniffing out a fake.

I give him three years at most. He may be a decent coach, but he doesn't seem to be a very good person, and he's going to be a failure there.

Someone said he should've stayed at Notre Dame. I think they're right.

Go Vols!
Nailed it

You are reading quite a bit into him, since by your own admission you have "never even watched a full game" of him. So to your point, I think you have absolutely no idea why any recruit would play for him because you are limited, apparently, to "the way he looks at players on the sideline".

I suspect his players know him better than that. Maybe, just a little bit. ;):p
Wrong

BK comes off as an arrogant prick. The way he was flat out screaming at his assistant coaches in their faces was nuts. I understand he was pissed, but he was screaming like he was looking to pick a fight. He wants to be like an “ole school” coach. Ha. Coach Garner is an “Ole school” coach. He will raise his voice to motivate, not humiliate. BK will throw his coaches and players under the bus in a heartbeat if it means he doesn’t have to accept responsibility for failures. He won’t last long at LSU. His teams have always been soft and all bark and no bite… just like their coach.

I have always thought BK was a horrible human being (responsible for getting a kid killed), but I thought he was a very good coach. After today I believe he is not a good coach at. He kept that game from being at least competitive the first half.

He is not a Great Coach . He is a good coach which will get you a long way at ND but not in the SEC.

I have always thought BK was a horrible human being (responsible for getting a kid killed), but I thought he was a very good coach. After today I believe he is not a good coach at. He kept that game from being at least competitive the first half.

I don’t think it can be understated how big a jump in level of athletes and level of competition he walked into coming from ND to the SEC.

Before anyone even says it. I played for an old school football coach. Dude would yell non stop and cuss us. He was tough to play for but he was like a father figure to all of us. We respected him and he respected us. I say that to say this. Brian Kelley comes off like a total D word! The way he called the back up a “Mother F**ker” The way he looks at his players like they are illiterate and worthless. If I’m being honest I’ve never even watched a full game of him coaching but I can’t stand the guy. Why any recruit would wanna play for that guy is crazy! That is all
Bro he literally caused a ND student to die. He's a D.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Most underrated post of all time. Sent him up there in dangerous conditions. Given a pass. I'd ask that every press conference.

Had it been a player dying due to heat stroke, or something like that? I might jump all over that.

This was something different. But a scissor lift being used outdoors? That I put on ND, their crap facilities, and lack of common sense. Anyone who has ever worked one day in an industrial setting on one of those things should know they do not belong outdoors. Ever. I seriously doubt Brian Kelly ever had any experience with that.

VN Store

Back