Thoughts on Brian Kelley

Not taking it personal, just pointing out that his players know him a lot better than you
I was kind of kidding man. Honestly some players love that kind of coaching and learn better when someone holds them on a different kind of accountability level. I"m the first to admit my coach growing up was super hard to play for at first but I gained so much respect for him and wouldn't wanna play for anyone else. Maybe Kelley gets the most of his players by being like that. I just don't like the guy and maybe the only reason is because i've gotten soft over the years

I'm no judge of football. There's been a lot of talk on the TV about how LSU is "very young". I don't know how true that is. Didn't find any statistics easily.
EDIT okay here's something useful:
1664881218109.png
Secondary defense is all seniors and all transfers. otherwise it does look young and the offense is remarkably young. So they could improve a lot.

Last edited:
Married to a Cajun here.. they loved Les, until he wasn’t ‘taking them to the next level’ ; I thought BK was a bad culture fit from the beginning.. we shall see 😂 (they see through fake about a mile away) and they still love crazy a$$ womanizing Orgeron 😂
When I got my degree from UT in 1976 after growing up in Knoxville, i went to work at a big petrochemical plant in Plaquemine LA. It was a different world. Loved those Cajuns, a lot of great people and good times.

Ok not a frequent poster but have to weigh in on this one. Kelley is a tool. Posters have hit on death of student at ND, dumping his last ND team by text when they had a shot at final four, dismal/fake attempt to talk like a native Southerner, “dance” videos with recruits, etc. A deeper dive into his background—his college playing experience was at Assumption College outside Boston on the schools CLUB football team. I would bet $$ that my intramural team at UT in 70s would have kicked those Yankee arses in pads. He broke into coaching as the schools women softball coach and served there for 5 years before becoming a grad assistant at a directional school. Can’t make it up. I know a lot of Cajuns/LA folks from schools and military. Great, fun loving people. They will tolerate the clown Kelley IF he wins big. If he’s a Jimbo, they will run him out of Red Stick with glee.

After watching the presser; he doesn't come across as a football coach. He sounds more like white collar CEO or something, and definitely not a southern football coach.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
After watching the presser; he doesn't come across as a football coach. He sounds more like white collar CEO or something, and definitely not a southern football coach.
I didn't think it was that bad. He kept his smart-assery to a minimum. But boy does he really love to hear his own voice.

Reactions: Wireless1
I’ll admit that when we hired Kiffin, I was really bummed we didn’t hire him.
Now, I think his style could have a hard time in the SEC. LSU is probably the best place for him in this conference. They’ve got such a stellar recruiting base, that he should be able to do well.

As for this weekend, I think it will be a very close game, but Tennessee should win.

I didn't think it was that bad. He kept his smart-assery to a minimum. But boy does he really love to hear his own voice.
He's definitely well spoken, that's why I mentioned that he sounded like a CEO.

T
He’s a proven high level head coach. If Orgeron can win one at LSU then certainly Kelly can.
The amount of offensive talent on that team is very hard to replicate:
-1st pick of the 1st round QB
-2 1st round picks at receiver and a 2nd rounder
-1st round pick running back
And that’s just the skill positions on offense that I can think of off the top of my head. That combined with the absolute perfect marriage of an OC who is no longer there. Coach O didn’t have a lot to do with that win. If Kelly can accumulate that once in a lifetime talent on offense and coaching…we’ll hats off to him.

T

The amount of offensive talent on that team is very hard to replicate:
-1st pick of the 1st round QB
-2 1st round picks at receiver and a 2nd rounder
-1st round pick running back
And that’s just the skill positions on offense that I can think of off the top of my head. That combined with the absolute perfect marriage of an OC who is no longer there. Coach O didn’t have a lot to do with that win. If Kelly can accumulate that once in a lifetime talent on offense and coaching…we’ll hats off to him.

To say the HC didn’t have a lot to do with a natty is ridiculous. Who do you think assembled the team and coaching staff?

I don't think enough is made of a potential coach's fit culturally as it pertains to the geography of the conference. I don't know the man, based purely off what I've read/seen ?!...If he came to my house to recruit my child, it would be a short visit. I get the same feeling about Leach.

Heupel is from South Dakota...lol.

Regardless of his ability with the X and O’s and the Jimmy and Joe’s….

I still don’t want to be on his film crew.

Reactions: Wireless1
Before anyone even says it. I played for an old school football coach. Dude would yell non stop and cuss us. He was tough to play for but he was like a father figure to all of us. We respected him and he respected us. I say that to say this. Brian Kelley comes off like a total D word! The way he called the back up a “Mother F**ker” The way he looks at his players like they are illiterate and worthless. If I’m being honest I’ve never even watched a full game of him coaching but I can’t stand the guy. Why any recruit would wanna play for that guy is crazy! That is all
Shine will go off that penny soon enough and he’ll be LSUs version of Jimbo. Good enough and expensive enough not to fire

Reactions: igotworms
To say the HC didn’t have a lot to do with a natty is ridiculous. Who do you think assembled the team and coaching staff?
Why did they fire him 2 years after winning a natty? Did they not think he could replicate the coaching and recruiting success that “he assembled” again???

Last edited:

VN Store

Back