Thoughts on Brian Kelley

FKnVd2wXIAoEpZS.jpg

Before anyone even says it. I played for an old school football coach. Dude would yell non stop and cuss us. He was tough to play for but he was like a father figure to all of us. We respected him and he respected us. I say that to say this. Brian Kelley comes off like a total D word! The way he called the back up a “Mother F**ker” The way he looks at his players like they are illiterate and worthless. If I’m being honest I’ve never even watched a full game of him coaching but I can’t stand the guy. Why any recruit would wanna play for that guy is crazy! That is all
As long as he keeps corndogs in his pocket, he will be ok down there.

Was BK drunk last night at the game? Dudes face, skin tone, yellow eyes, and yellow teeth look extremely strange as he stood their like a statue. Reminded me of an old alcoholic who got pretty buzzed and just chills in that comfortably numb phase.

Not really sure. Yeah, I dislike the guy from what I’ve seen and heard from him - most recently, his newly found southern accent and his cringey attempts to seem “cool” in order to “help” in recruiting.

He might not be a good leader, but he isn’t an incompetent coach. Seems like he knows how to develop players and game plan. But who knows? I hope he falls on his face at LSU - I didn’t care for how he ran out on ND right when they were still in the discussions for making the playoff.

Most importantly, I hope we run him off the field this coming Saturday! Go Vols!

Before anyone even says it. I played for an old school football coach. Dude would yell non stop and cuss us. He was tough to play for but he was like a father figure to all of us. We respected him and he respected us. I say that to say this. Brian Kelley comes off like a total D word! The way he called the back up a “Mother F**ker” The way he looks at his players like they are illiterate and worthless. If I’m being honest I’ve never even watched a full game of him coaching but I can’t stand the guy. Why any recruit would wanna play for that guy is crazy! That is all
I know of the southern accent attempt and the student who died filming practice but never heard s about calling a player a MF. Can you provide a little more info ?

I liked for saying ‘D word’ 😂 his in game coaching style kind of reminds me of Pruitt maybe? I only watched a little of Aub-LSU game..I would personally rather play for someone like Heupel, that’s just me

Last edited:
Les was (is) semi-insane, but he was genuine. He said the craziest things, but that was only because he was thinking the craziest things, and then opened his mouth and said them out loud.

The Cajuns don't mind crazy. They're used to crazy. But they hate two-faced people.

In short, Les could make his thing work. I don't think Kelley's will. He will continue to rub them the wrong way.

edit: corrected terminology, with thanks to SF for pointing it out.
Married to a Cajun here.. they loved Les, until he wasn’t ‘taking them to the next level’ ; I thought BK was a bad culture fit from the beginning.. we shall see 😂 (they see through fake about a mile away) and they still love crazy a$$ womanizing Orgeron 😂

Last edited:
Married to a Cajun here.. they loved Les, until he wasn’t ‘taking them to the next level’ ; I thought BK was a bad culture fit from the beginning.. we shall see 😂 (they see through fake about a mile away) and they still love crazy a$$ womanizing Orgeron 😂

Coach O is the methamphetamine of coaches.

You will feel great for a little while and be on cloud 9. However, the back half is nothing but a disaster.

I think he's a square peg in a round hole.

I think he feels uncomfortable there, and so is continuously "acting." He's not being himself, he's being what he thinks would fit better. Which means those Cajuns aren't going to buy it. They're good at sniffing out a fake.

I give him three years at most. He may be a decent coach, but he doesn't seem to be a very good person, and he's going to be a failure there.

Someone said he should've stayed at Notre Dame. I think they're right.

Go Vols!

He was Notre Dame's Mark Richt. He was going to have 9 & 10 win seasons regularly but he was never going to bring a NC home there or anywhere.

He was Notre Dame's Mark Richt. He was going to have 9 & 10 win seasons regularly but he was never going to bring a NC home there or anywhere.
Agreed. 100%.

And I don't think he'll do even that well at LSU. He at least fit the culture okay at Notre Dame. He doesn't fit at all in Louisiana. They'll run him off before his 5th season, for sure, and maybe by the end of his 3rd.

I liked for saying ‘D word’ 😂 his in game coaching style kind of reminds me of Pruitt maybe? I only watched a little of Aub-LSU game..I would personally rather play for someone like Heupel, that’s just me
Lol I didn't wanna get banned or anything so I had to keep it PG13

Reactions: LadyVolette
You are reading quite a bit into him, since by your own admission you have "never even watched a full game" of him. So to your point, I think you have absolutely no idea why any recruit would play for him because you are limited, apparently, to "the way he looks at players on the sideline".

I suspect his players know him better than that. Maybe, just a little bit. ;):p
I feel like this account is really Brian Kelly....You took it was to personal. I admitted I havn't really watched him. I was basing my opinion on the game I did watch. Everyone has a opinion and I respect yours. I just don't like the douchebag. That's all..

I feel like this account is really Brian Kelly....You took it was to personal. I admitted I havn't really watched him. I was basing my opinion on the game I did watch. Everyone has a opinion and I respect yours. I just don't like the douchebag. That's all..

Not taking it personal, just pointing out that his players know him a lot better than you

That fake accent was terrible. He read about a southern accent on Wikipedia for 30 seconds before giving that little talk. Show me that video with no context and I’d say that dude is from well north of the Mason-Dixon who has lived in the South for a month and mocking the accent to his friends back home.
I've avoided watching it for that reason alone. I just can't bring myself to click on it. The cringe would be too much.

VN Store

Back