Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand too, but to say playing in the orange bowl is meaningless is stupid. Any competitor should understand that it’s another game in a season they started and it counts against the teams record at the end. It’s not a scrimmage, it’s the freaking orange bowl
100%...I would maybe feel differently if it was the Poulan Weed Wacker Bowl at the end of a crappy 6-6 season..but this is the FREAKING ORANGE BOWL...against recent NC Clemson...and fair or not it will be the stamp on this season that legitimizes everything these kids have played for.

I could make the same argument. Not all people feel as you do, either. Plenty of people care and I am sure that plenty don't. I personally do care. I think it's pretty juvenile and stupid.

I'm just representing the minority in here. I take my licks for it but I just find it juvenile and stupid people care about fingernails and make that an argument against nomination for a football award.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Also...can anyone, ANYWHERE, actually prove a NIL worth 3m a year has been signed?

Nope! I mean, Nico is getting what? $2m? Personally don't think any non-QB is worth that much - especially in this offense. I think it's for the best for both sides to move on. Helps our recruiting, Hyatt gets paid, Squirell get more run in a likely rebuilding year to prepare for 2024.

Very much is hypothetical bc the comparison you’re attempting to make is between two things that aren’t the exact same. If Caleb Williams was running around flipping dudes off after big plays then ok, compare that to our baseball team. Otherwise, it’s hypothetical.
Doesn’t NEED to flip them off. Spells it out on all his fingers! 😏

giphy.gif

ESPN did just call us the Taco Bell best people alive or whatever it was so I'm kind of over the "they're being mean to us" narrative anyway
That was Taco Bell's award. ESPN just contractually had to announce it.....and move on as quickly possible.

Garbage for everyone but the player maybe. $10 million is something "most" of us on this board will never have to wrestle with. Play in the Orange bowl, or respectfully pass and go collect a $10 million payday. I know what I would advise my son to do.

Hmm, that’s funny…the link below is just the 6 catches in the Bama game, and 2 of those are not deep balls and are contested. We could take a long time and go through all of them, but I remember numerous catches over the middle that were contested.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO APOLOGIZE TO WOKE BIG 10 FANS... SEC PLAYERS ARE SPEED "PRIVILEGED"....
and frankly it's just not fair...

Where are all the DB's at????
I think the coaches are waiting until AFTER ESD to stir things up with DBs. If they bring in DB transfers now, some of our 6 DB recruits might look elsewhere.

If the coaches decide the freshmen aren't ready to play next year, then they may add some transfers. It will be interesting to watch how it all unfolds by next spring.

I'm just representing the minority in here. I take my licks for it but I just find it juvenile and stupid people care about fingernails and make that an argument against nomination for a football award.

What confuses me about it is that in most sports leagues (NBA, NFL) etc. they have rules that prohibit players from doing it. Yet the NCAA/Pac-12 apparently don't I guess.

Find that odd, but I don't care one way or another and think what is written on your nails hasn't got a damn thing to do with if you deserve a performance based award or not.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
🍻

Blueprint for Armageddon is a borderline work of art.

His series on Genghis Khan is insane as well.
I can't wait to get to those...listened to "The Celtic Apocalypse" last week, and just got to the halfway point of "Supernova in the East".

Looking at these extreme historical things in hindsight you always wonder how it got to those points, but when you really study cause and effect..most of the time it seems they were almost always inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back