Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be argumentative, but that would be a different discussion, no? It would have to enforce an ethic that they were duty-bound to weigh in and defend.

If we're talking hypocrisy, and the actions of the object were silence on both sides, then there is no hypocrisy as I see it.

Thoughts?
Well, without actually doing research into who said or wrote what, all you’re left with is what was put in the media. As far as I am aware, Tennessee players received negative press while CW received positive press. But, no, that doesn’t mean that individual members of the press were hypocritical between the two.

Garbage for everyone but the player maybe. $10 million is something "most" of us on this board will never have to wrestle with. Play in the Orange bowl, or respectfully pass and go collect a $10 million payday. I know what I would advise my son to do.

I feel differently. I would advise my son to help the program that nurtured him and helped him get to a higher level, get to a higher level as a program.

Money f'n ruins everything it touches.

I will never understand people who can't just celebrate and enjoy success. The "Bowl Game is meaningless" argument makes no sense. Over time good teammates develop some type of bond to their team and loyalty to their school. That's how you become unselfish adults. YES, a player could get hurt. Statistically they are more likely to get seriously injured in a car wreck than they are getting hurt playing 1 football game. Let's encourage all of them to opt out of driving. Comparing Harrison to Hyatt, who knows who's better long term? I don't and you don't either. Hyatt was more productive THIS YEAR and that's what the award is for. Sorry, but I prefer to look at progress and accomplishment and not be constantly trying to pick things apart.
Because we are in the biggest bowl game in over 25 years, a preview of the expanded playoffs in two seasons. And legion of miserable, haters, and losers can't stand it.

Garbage for everyone but the player maybe. $10 million is something "most" of us on this board will never have to wrestle with. Play in the Orange bowl, or respectfully pass and go collect a $10 million payday. I know what I would advise my son to do.
Plus.. I have already said he should go on to the pros AFTER the game, but this one game is big for the program and we need him...we are already shorthanded as hell, but nobody including Vol fans themselves are going to give the staff any slack for losing this game.

Your definition is not shared coast to coast.
I’m aware. Was asking about you highlighting “integrity” in Kristy’s quote and saying the rest of the world doesn’t care. But now you changed it to people define integrity differently. So now there is no integrity because there is no definition of what it is.

He won't make more NIL in one year of college than he would as an early draft pick. I just gave you -minimum- yearly numbers which don't include anything except direct pay from the teams. So he would still have access to sponsor money, signing bonuses, and other incentive funds.

Believe me, I have a friend that's actually paid for player appearances. Hyatt hotels gave Jalin a one time promotional payment for a NIL deal, that's not going to be a weekly check or anything. Most these guys are getting a grand or two for appearances, some are selling merchandise and getting a % off each sale. But none of them are pulling down a million a year in guaranteed money like the NFL offers them except for the upper level QBs (allegedly).

I'd love for Hyatt to return and he might. I'm sure knowing he can make some cash from NIL while improving his draft stock is good incentive to do just that, but if he's graded in the first two rounds there isn't anyway to improve his draft stock more than that and he'd face the risk of injury next year which would only be hurting his draft stock.

Tillman and Hooker both will be drafted lower because of their injuries this year. It's a risky move, especially since Jalin's season was already one of kind.
If he were my son or player, I would recommend him going pro. With his 40 yd time he could easily move into the top 20 picks. A 5 year contract is better than he will do with an NIL deal here. He gets injured here next season and it's ruined his career.

I’m aware. Was asking about you highlighting “integrity” in Kristy’s quote and saying the rest of the world doesn’t care. But now you changed it to people define integrity differently. So now there is no integrity because there is no definition of what it is.
Now the conversation's about to get interesting and will probably be deleted or moved... Note, his word was "share", as opposed to "care", I think. But the distinction is basically without meaning.

It's always fun when someone decides to lecture you from their relativity.

Last edited:
That sounds awesome! Will check it out and tell my son. I love reading historical fiction. Just finished Romanov Empress and learned a lot. Sounds like I would love this.
Go to DanCarlin.com to check out, buy and download, or you can hear a few of his long-form podcasts on his YouTube Channel...which is just his name.

My advice is go to YT and listen to "The Celtic Apocalypse" which is about Julius Caesar obliterating the Gauls and their culture in the Gallic Wars. It is only 6ish hours in total and will give you a good sample to see how you like him.

If he were my son or player, I would recommend him going pro. With his 40 yd time he could easily move into the top 20 picks. A 5 year contract is better than he will do with an NIL deal here. He gets injured here next season and it's ruined his career.
I’ve not seen him in the top 20 picks in any mock draft. Best I’ve seen is fringe 1st/2nd rounder, with 2nd-3rd more likely. Injury in college rarely “ruins” a career nowadays.

McGee was a little bit before my time; Pickens and Faulkner, loved both of those guys, especially Pickens. Pickens may be the greatest athlete that's ever come through Knoxville. He and Marcus Nash are in the tier right after those top guys of Kent, Price, and now Hyatt.
What is really crazy about Pickens is that he played WR and FS both one year at an insane level...if I remember correctly he had 5 ints that year...it is nuts that he was able to do that.

Go to DanCarlin.com to check out, buy and download, or you can hear a few of his long-form podcasts on his YouTube Channel...which is just his name.

My advice is go to YT and listen to "The Celtic Apocalypse" which is about Julius Caesar obliterating the Gauls and their culture in the Gallic Wars. It is only 6ish hours in total and will give you a good sample to see how you like him.
Sounds good! I don’t know a lot about that even though I took a Greek and Roman history class in college. I have always wanted to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back