The Official Tennessee vs S. Miss Super Regional Game 1 Thread Sat. June 10 3PM EST ESPNU (Hattiesburg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not counting us out even with their ace on the mound. We've bounced back in a double header before and we definitely seem more focused than yesterday.
Take it one game at a time. Remember Game 2 of the regional- playing Clemson and their ace. Mr Everything. Probably pitches to himself in practice and hits it 400ft, then runs out and makes a diving catch at the wall 🙄

We all know how that turned out.
GB🍊

Well that’s worse my bad he’s 3rd highest in the starting lineup ALL year among regular starters.. still sitting him or burke just isn’t something you do

Well I sincerely hope he come alives this afternoon and beyond and at least puts the ball in play and has productive outs rather than K's. Go VOLS!!!

Basketball we always seem to get the hot Cinderella, an under seeded team, or the dreaded “bad match up”.

Facts. I liked our draw and thought TN would be Southern Miss in two. Hopefully we play better, but I’m concerned about our bats against their “ace.” Chase can’t get behind the count and struggle in the early innings, or it will be game over.

Last edited:
I’d like to see Dickey back in the leadoff spot myself , Ahuna hasn’t made an adjustment all season on off speed pitches is why his strike out numbers are what they are , I doubt TV changes anything this late but if USM’s number 1 is a righty it’d be hard to have Ensley and Merritt in there , I think Merritt has been solid at DH so I’d probably slide Scott to CF and let Dreilling play right

Facts. I liked our draw and thought TN would be Southern Miss in two. Hopefully we play better, but I’m concerned about our bats against their “ace leftie.” Chase can’t get behind the count and struggle in the early innings, or it will be game over.
I think he's a rightie.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
For all The Maui haters.. he’s hands down one of the best defensive SS you are going to find.. he’s also batting .304 which is no slouch either
Problem is having him at leadoff especially with a left handed pitcher. TV should have done like he did with Burke last year and slide him down the line up for lefties.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Umm you get to visit each pitcher once an inning before you take him out. Your post said 6 mound visits a game. Again what are you talking about?

The ncaa baseball rules.

A coach is allowed to be involved in a maximum of 3 free trips of the 6 defensive charged conferences, plus one extra free trip in the event of an extra inning game.

We aren’t gonna see a bunch of changes in an elimination game that could possibly end our season. You don’t sit Burke or Maui; you don’t move 4-5 batters around in the batting lineup. Maybe a tweak or two but nothing else. It all comes down to just getting the job done. Tanner Hall is a righty that doesn’t have a lot of velocity. Relies on his off speed, especially the changeup. Gotta have good eye discipline and come ready to play from the very first pitch. That’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back