'21 Temple Transfer CB Jalen McMurray (Tennessee)

It was just a question, because I don't know the answer. I don't know what to look for, I mean, a couple of INTs would've been nice? Chill hoss
Give yourself a break. Earlier I tried to explain Heard leaving his home state school without it being a bust, and Burner Mumbles white knighted it like I was insulting the kid. You know what you meant by the question, so if you’re being honest let it be their problem.

I must be missing why this a boom-worthy addition, other than the fact that we need warm bodies in the secondary. When I look at these stats, I’m far more concerned than I am impressed, especially since he seemed to be better in 2022 than in 2023. Please, someone who understands this transfer better than I do, explain to me why we’re booming here.
View attachment 608514
Doubt you're gonna glean much just from looking at the "stats", which never tell much at all for a defensive back. Those decreased numbers could be just because they didn't throw/run his way as often in 23. Pretty meaningless.

2nd team freshman all american, all conference type year, followed up with a season of not having the ball thrown to his side of the field? also, since this seems to matter to people, Wuerffel Award watchlist. good kid too? and we got him cheap? lot of reasons to like this a lot. doubt he comes in thinking he's depth. great pickup
Get out of here with this logic. This is Volnation by golly

It was just a question, because I don't know the answer. I don't know what to look for, I mean, a couple of INTs would've been nice? Chill hoss

You don’t look at traditional stats to judge corners. If a guy has a ton of tackles, that’s normally a bad thing. Ints are variable. You want to look at things like “qbr when targeted” or “yards per target”

Reactions: supersmo18
giphy.gif

When it comes to corners, particularly starting corners, the fewer stats you see, the better they generally are. Because that means QBs respect them enough not to throw it their way.

When I first started playing fantasy football with defensive players, I remembered being surprised that Buster Skrine scored a lot of points. Turns out it was because Joe Haden was locking down the other side.

I must be missing why this a boom-worthy addition, other than the fact that we need warm bodies in the secondary. When I look at these stats, I’m far more concerned than I am impressed, especially since he seemed to be better in 2022 than in 2023. Please, someone who understands this transfer better than I do, explain to me why we’re booming here.
View attachment 608514
You got one thing right, you are “missing why this is a boom-worthy addition”. Good addition.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I thought we had moved on from this one? Don't tell me VN was wrong?!?

We did. But apparently he really wanted to be here. I think that means he decided to come here without an NIL guarantee and so we took him even though he only measured in at 5’10

Reactions: DD4ME and CAVPUT
Are we targeting another portal DB then since this is likely depth?
I would guess this is it. Ayden White only other name I’ve heard and with him not coming till summer they may have time there to see how things go in spring.

Total rostered numbers are limited. Pretty sure we only have 1 more add before we start have to chopping more guys after spring.

I wonder if he’s a PWO….

Based solely on if we wanted to move on from him because of his size, but he wanted to be here, maybe we said there’s limited scholarship spots but if you want to be a PWO with the understanding NIL would offset the cost….

It’s possible.

Kind of interesting none of the staff acknowledged the commitment - which they typically don’t for walk ons.

VN Store

Back