'25 NC OT David Sanders

If he likes osu more, he would have visited them more up to this point. He’s been considering ut and clemson for a year now, if we let him slip away to go to osu, that’d be really bad.

Yeah I mean everyone knows 18 year olds never change their minds about what they like

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah I mean everyone knows 18 year olds never change their minds about what they like
He seems to be a very mature 18 year old, with a methodology to his decision making process.

So I personally don’t put him in the same realm as a normal 18 year old

Reactions: MarcoVol
He seems to be a very mature 18 year old, with a methodology to his decision making process.

So I personally don’t put him in the same realm as a normal 18 year old

Hell yeah hope that’s the case.

But I don’t know the kid so can’t comment on the way his mind works. But it would not be very shocking to me if an 18 year old changed his mind.

Silly game applying adult logic to young’ns.

Reactions: LittleVol
We are in as good of spot as you could want at this stage. Leading or in lead group at worst.

Win the next stage (OV period) and he will be a Vol.

But like AP said, we can’t lose this last stage and expect to land him.
Here is the thing. We could knock it out if the park in this last stage and still not land him. If that happens, it’s not that big of a deal. Because as AP has said this is big boy recruiting. This isn’t some fringe, diamond in the rough recruit.

Reactions: MarcoVol
This is the single most important recruit for 2025. I think I tend to lean we do land, Ive seen this movie so many times however I can recite it by memory.

It really isnt the Sanders recruitment that's got me saying this. Its the other IL and OT recruitments.

That said. we will be fine in long run.
I think we’ve had a lot more time to build some good relationships with coaches, parents and recruits over the past few years. You’re just now getting the stink off the program and prove the system and produce in the draft. We’ve been able to make promises in the past but the proof wasn’t as much there.

I think we’ve had a lot more time to build some good relationships with coaches, parents and recruits over the past few years. You’re just now getting the stink off the program and prove the system and produce in the draft. We’ve been able to make promises in the past but the proof wasn’t as much there.
Didnt think the Draft stuff was as big a deal as it is, but thinking there is merit there.

Getting the ridiculously high rated classes lends to better on field results.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
You can call him whatever you want but he's right. We always lead for these big name guys and lose out on them. At some point we've gotta start getting guys like this. We have got to find away.
We signed one of, if not the best OL class in college football last year, then signed this guy you may have Heard of in the portal. My initial instinct was right about you. Back to ignore land.

You can call him whatever you want but he's right. We always lead for these big name guys and lose out on them. At some point we've gotta start getting guys like this. We have got to find away.
To be fair, we're just starting to get out from under the cloud of the investigation and gimmick schemes narratives. They're also investing into the line of scrimmage this year wayyyyy more than ever before under Heup which is a sigh of relief. Obviously, we won't win all these battles competing against recruiting powers for all the trench players but they should land a solid amount. They've done good so far so we'll see

Why does OSU land every player they make a priority? Their recruiting classes are sick!
I mean their win rate has to be way up there over the past 30 years or so. They’ve never been terrible really. It’s also a great campus and college town. Fans are insufferable but it has a lot going for it. Day eventually probably wins a title; how he hasn’t at this point highlights how incompetent he is as a head coach.

Why does OSU land every player they make a priority? Their recruiting classes are sick!
cuz they one of the top 3 programs over the last 20 years. it's annoying that we rarely win a top recruit when battling them. also doesn't help that our journalists never get it right and state the "we in good shape' on every recruit.

cuz they one of the top 3 programs over the last 20 years. it's annoying that we rarely win a top recruit when battling them. also doesn't help that our journalists never get it right and state the "we in good shape' on every recruit.
It’s harder than ever as far as calling where kids will go bc they’re telling every program what they want to hear. The kid that went to Colorado last year straight up lied to several staffs and lead them along until he committed. A lot these kids which were in “good shape” for have had commitment vids filmed and in the can already when they had a change of heart.

I mean their win rate has to be way up there over the past 30 years or so. They’ve never been terrible really. It’s also a great campus and college town. Fans are insufferable but it has a lot going for it. Day eventually probably wins a title; how he hasn’t at this point highlights how incompetent he is as a head coach.
I always find it funny when our fans complain about the big schools doing good in recruiting. If we were in their spot they would 100% expect us to have those level of results with that given success. heck some of our fans expect us to recruit like OSU does, even though our record is no where close to theirs.

if you flipped the roles, our fans would be looking at Sanders and wondering why he would ever consider going to a loser program like OSU who had 1 season that was decent in his life time.

I think they have benefitted greatly from being the big10 fish in the small pond. With Oregon, Washington, USC, and UCLA joining I hope they start to take some credibility hits. Penn State too

I think they have benefitted greatly from being the big10 fish in the small pond. With Oregon, Washington, USC, and UCLA joining I hope they start to take some credibility hits. Penn State too
No doubt. And Day still hasn’t proven he can beat Michigan even with all the talent they have. He plays one game where the other team is even close to comparable talent and he loses every time.

VN Store

Back