Jones's Injury Issue Craziness

armchair

What is with Jones and injuries and the media? The guy has got a bit wacky on this stuff. He starts his presser today talking about the media (and others?) not respecting his players and his program by reporting (or speculating) on injuries. He says there has been inaccurate information and suggests that it is upsetting families. This is all nonsense. The man needs to grow up.

First, I don't think the mainstream media reports inaccurate information about injuries. The team apparently is not releasing much--if any--info about injuries, and the press doesn't make stuff up. I think Jones is confusing the mainstream media with the internet and fan boards like this one. They are two different things.

Jones seems to be missing a fundamental fact, and that is that if you don't release any information about injuries, there is going to be speculation about injuries on the internet. If he thinks he going to eliminate internet talk or speculation, then he's naive and .....well, I won't say what else he is in the interest of being polite. If, on the other hand, you release select information about injuries, then there is no speculation. People know, or have some sense of an injury situation, and that is that. If you do not want to release information because of hippa or your own philosophy, or whatever, fine--but KNOW that word will get out, or rumors will get out. There is no stopping the internet genie--and Jones need to stop acting like he just fell off the back of a turnip truck.

Here is another thing Jones is missing. This is a BIG state football program, with intense fans--hundreds of thousands of intense fans. That is why there are 102,000 fans in Neyland for every home game. Does this guy REALLY think that avid fans are not going to be curious about injuries? What planet has he been on for the last 50 years? Every fan base of every sport is curious about injuries, and has been since sports were invented, as they affect the performance of the team. The press and and fans ALWAYS talk about injuries--it is part of the sports deal--and has ZERO to do with not respecting the players or their families. I've no idea where Jones gets off thinking that a discussion about a conventional injury situation represents a lack of respect for players. I'm sure the Kamara situation is partly or mostly what this is about. When did the Kamara speculation hit this board--today? That's, what, 2.5 days after the game? That's a long time. If any injury info about a player needs to be relayed to family members, I'm not sure why that can't be done within hours--meaning Kamara's family could have, and should have, got word of some kind long before speculation hit this board.

This is Jones on his sanctimonious high horse--again. It's absolutely dopey. I repeat, if Jones doesn't want to release injury issue, FINE. But then he should expect speculation. If he thinks he's going to keep all injury info in a vault--AND keep fans on the internet from asking about, talking about, and speculating about injuries, he is DELUSIONAL.

And here's what crazy: He opened the presser today by announcing the KMac had torn or injured his pectoral muscle and was out for the season. Ok. So he released injury info about one player--and then said he wasn't going to release any more. Huh? If I player is dinged up and it's not clear what injury he might have, FINE: Say John Doe may have a leg injury and is being evaluated. Or whatever. Why is that so difficult? People don't need to know everything, but they do like to know /something/--and, mind you, I'm talking about conventional athletic injuries, not unconventional issues of a more personal nature.

I, for one, am tired of him trying to lecture the media (and fans) about respecting his players. That's nonsense.

Reactions: 17 people
The fans want to know, the media feeds the fans when the coach refuses....that's life. CBJ needs to put his big boy pants on and suck it up or feed the fans himself.

Reactions: 9 people
200.gif

Reactions: 6 people
I think the Dormady rumor was part of his frustration. If someone is having surgery and out for the year no since in trying to keep a secret. We have more idiot fans than most.

What is with Jones and injuries and the media? The guy has got a bit wacky on this stuff. He starts his presser today talking about the media (and others?) not respecting his players and his program by reporting (or speculating) on injuries. He says there has been inaccurate information and suggests that it is upsetting families. This is all nonsense. The man needs to grow up.

First, I don't think the mainstream media reports inaccurate information about injuries. The team apparently is not releasing much--if any--info about injuries, and the press doesn't make stuff up (unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theories of a certain unhinged political candidate who trying to find someone other than himself to blame for the pounding he's going to take in presidential election). I think Jones is confusing the mainstream media with the internet and fan boards like this one. They are two different things.

Jones seems to be missing a fundamental fact, and that is that if you don't release any information about injuries, there is going to be speculation about injuries on the internet. If he thinks he going to eliminate internet talk or speculation, then he's naive and .....well, I won't say what else he is in the interest of being polite. If, on the other hand, you release select information about injuries, then there is no speculation. People know, or have some sense of an injury situation, and that is that. If you do not want to release information because of hippa or your own philosophy, or whatever, fine--but KNOW that word will get out, or rumors will get out. There is no stopping the internet genie--and Jones need to stop acting like he just fell off the back of a turnip truck.

Here is another thing Jones is missing. This is a BIG state football program, with intense fans--hundreds of thousands of intense fans. That is why there are 102,000 fans in Neyland for every home game. Does this guy REALLY think that avid fans are not going to be curious about injuries? What planet has he been on for the last 50 years? Every fan base of every sport is curious about injuries, and has been since sports were invented, as they affect the performance of the team. The press and and fans ALWAYS talk about injuries--it is part of the sports deal--and has ZERO to do with not respecting the players or their families. I've no idea where Jones gets off thinking that a discussion about a conventional injury situation represents a lack of respect for players. I'm sure the Kamara situation is partly or mostly what this is about. When did the Kamara speculation hit this board--today? That's, what, 2.5 days after the game? That's a long time. If any injury info about a player needs to be relayed to family members, I'm not sure why that can't be done within hours--meaning Kamara's family could have, and should have, got word of some kind long before speculation hit this board.

This is Jones on his sanctimonious high horse--again. It's absolutely dopey. I repeat, if Jones doesn't want to release injury issue, FINE. But then he should expect speculation. If he thinks he's going to keep all injury info in a vault--AND keep fans on the internet from asking about, talking about, and speculating about injuries, he is DELUSIONAL.

And here's what crazy: He opened the presser today by announcing the KMac had torn or injured his pectoral muscle and was out for the season. Ok. So he released injury info about one player--and then said he wasn't going to release any more. Huh? If I player is dinged up and it's not clear what injury he might have, FINE: Say John Doe may have a leg injury and is being evaluated. Or whatever. Why is that so difficult? People don't need to know everything, but they do like to know /something/--and, mind you, I'm talking about conventional athletic injuries, not unconventional issues of a more personal nature.

I, for one, am tired of him trying to lecture the media (and fans) about respecting his players. That's nonsense.

Would you please shut the hell up. Coming on this board acting like you know anything about coaching a D1 school, please give it a rest!

Reactions: 80 people
Another long post of garbage from this OP. He gets his kicks spewing this type of stuff against every coach at UT. Here's something for you to chew on, you have no right to any information regarding injuries to the players at UT. And, you have no need of that information.

Reactions: 51 people
I didnt read your message cause its waaaayyyy tooooo lllloonnnggg.

But its shouldnt matter. This is the result of the social media age. We all want all the information instantaneously, and that is simply not how it works. Then when we dont get informational instantaneously, he get stupid and act like children because we dont know if a college student is hurt or not and we demand to know. Good grief.

Reactions: 5 people
And people wonder why me made the news about being a stupid fan base. Who freaking cares about this crap? My God some people will find anything to bash Butch Jones. Bunch of keyboard coaches who arent even qualified to tie Butch's shoestrings on here.

Reactions: 10 people
Hey look, another thread about fans knowing more about being a HC at the University of Tennessee than Butch. Enough already with this crap.

First, I don't think the mainstream media reports inaccurate information about injuries. The team apparently is not releasing much--if any--info about injuries, and the press doesn't make stuff up (unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theories of a certain unhinged political candidate who trying to find someone other than himself to blame for the pounding he's going to take in presidential election). I think Jones is confusing the mainstream media with the internet and fan boards like this one. They are two different things.

I, for one, am tired of him trying to lecture the media (and fans) about respecting his cplayers. That's nonsense.

lost me when you exposed yourself as being a liberal , the only way the witch wins is if she and her scum followers buy it or steal it.

Reactions: 34 people
I appreciate him trying to protect his players. He may not always do it in a way you agree with, but no one can deny that he has the best interest of his players as his number one priority. That's the kind of coach that appeals to parents of players.

Reactions: 3 people

He is not obligated to give out any injury information on any player. The fact that people speculate is not a reason for him to give out information. Those that speculate are the problem.

Folks think that they should know everything and know it now. Some seem to forget that these players are students, private individuals, someone's son, etc. and they have the same rights in terms of privacy that we all do.

Calm down Hillary. Just sit in the arm chair and be quiet. It's for your own good. :)

Reactions: 10 people
I appreciate him trying to protect his players. He may not always do it in a way you agree with, but no one can deny that he has the best interest of his players as his number one priority. That's the kind of coach that appeals to parents of players.

Totally agree, but some don't get that.

Reactions: 2 people
The fans want to know, the media feeds the fans when the coach refuses....that's life. CBJ needs to put his big boy pants on and suck it up or feed the fans himself.

Actually the media needs to stop feeding the fans about things that they nor the fans really need to know.

Reactions: 1 person
And people wonder why me made the news about being a stupid fan base. Who freaking cares about this crap? My God some people will find anything to bash Butch Jones. Bunch of keyboard coaches who arent even qualified to tie Butch's shoestrings on here.

Most overrated fanbase in the country IMO. No wonder everyone makes fun of us.

Reactions: 1 person

I quit reading your little novel once you started pounding Trump for telling the truth.

Reactions: 13 people

VN Store

Back