Jones's Injury Issue Craziness

Did he say he knew more? He was just giving his opinion.

Stop dude your as bad as armchair. For the last time if a kid says you can't disclose their injury then Butch can't say what it is. Not sure why the same people have to hear this daily.

He commented on Kmacs injury and I'm sure Kmac told Butch that he could.

It isn't the NFL and it isn't rocket science.

Reactions: 7 people
Lets try this answer.. Many of these players have NFL aspirations. That said, why divulge injuries that could, potentially cost them a round or even a few spots within a round? You could be talking, 10s to 100s to possibly millions of potential dollars.. Why give out medical info?
Secondly, why tip a potential weakness to opposition during the week leading up to the game?

Reactions: 2 people
Stop dude your as bad as armchair. For the last time if a kid says you can't disclose their injury then Butch can't say what it is. Not sure why the same people have to hear this daily.

He commented on Kmacs injury and I'm sure Kmac told Butch that he could.

It isn't the NFL and it isn't rocket science.

OMG, this. This. So much THIS. :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
There are definite legal ramifications to releasing students' information in general, but particularly to the media. If you don't believe me, look up FERPA and HIPPA. CBJ is really just doing the legal thing and not discussing injuries. That goes for anyone in higher education.

Reactions: 3 people
If my son were an injured UT football player, I would appreciate CBJ keeping that info in-house and between the player and his family. Tune into the game and figure it out for yourself. I would think keeping injury info from opponents would be a good thing as well. Loose lips sink football teams.

Reactions: 1 person
What is with Jones and injuries and the media? The guy has got a bit wacky on this stuff. He starts his presser today talking about the media (and others?) not respecting his players and his program by reporting (or speculating) on injuries. He says there has been inaccurate information and suggests that it is upsetting families. This is all nonsense. The man needs to grow up.

First, I don't think the mainstream media reports inaccurate information about injuries. The team apparently is not releasing much--if any--info about injuries, and the press doesn't make stuff up (unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theories of a certain unhinged political candidate who trying to find someone other than himself to blame for the pounding he's going to take in presidential election). I think Jones is confusing the mainstream media with the internet and fan boards like this one. They are two different things.

Jones seems to be missing a fundamental fact, and that is that if you don't release any information about injuries, there is going to be speculation about injuries on the internet. If he thinks he going to eliminate internet talk or speculation, then he's naive and .....well, I won't say what else he is in the interest of being polite. If, on the other hand, you release select information about injuries, then there is no speculation. People know, or have some sense of an injury situation, and that is that. If you do not want to release information because of hippa or your own philosophy, or whatever, fine--but KNOW that word will get out, or rumors will get out. There is no stopping the internet genie--and Jones need to stop acting like he just fell off the back of a turnip truck.

Here is another thing Jones is missing. This is a BIG state football program, with intense fans--hundreds of thousands of intense fans. That is why there are 102,000 fans in Neyland for every home game. Does this guy REALLY think that avid fans are not going to be curious about injuries? What planet has he been on for the last 50 years? Every fan base of every sport is curious about injuries, and has been since sports were invented, as they affect the performance of the team. The press and and fans ALWAYS talk about injuries--it is part of the sports deal--and has ZERO to do with not respecting the players or their families. I've no idea where Jones gets off thinking that a discussion about a conventional injury situation represents a lack of respect for players. I'm sure the Kamara situation is partly or mostly what this is about. When did the Kamara speculation hit this board--today? That's, what, 2.5 days after the game? That's a long time. If any injury info about a player needs to be relayed to family members, I'm not sure why that can't be done within hours--meaning Kamara's family could have, and should have, got word of some kind long before speculation hit this board.

This is Jones on his sanctimonious high horse--again. It's absolutely dopey. I repeat, if Jones doesn't want to release injury issue, FINE. But then he should expect speculation. If he thinks he's going to keep all injury info in a vault--AND keep fans on the internet from asking about, talking about, and speculating about injuries, he is DELUSIONAL.

And here's what crazy: He opened the presser today by announcing the KMac had torn or injured his pectoral muscle and was out for the season. Ok. So he released injury info about one player--and then said he wasn't going to release any more. Huh? If I player is dinged up and it's not clear what injury he might have, FINE: Say John Doe may have a leg injury and is being evaluated. Or whatever. Why is that so difficult? People don't need to know everything, but they do like to know /something/--and, mind you, I'm talking about conventional athletic injuries, not unconventional issues of a more personal nature.

I, for one, am tired of him trying to lecture the media (and fans) about respecting his players. That's nonsense.

A lot of typing without saying anything of relevance.

What is with Jones and injuries and the media? The guy has got a bit wacky on this stuff. He starts his presser today talking about the media (and others?) not respecting his players and his program by reporting (or speculating) on injuries. He says there has been inaccurate information and suggests that it is upsetting families. This is all nonsense. The man needs to grow up.

First, I don't think the mainstream media reports inaccurate information about injuries. The team apparently is not releasing much--if any--info about injuries, and the press doesn't make stuff up (unless you subscribe to the conspiracy theories of a certain unhinged political candidate who trying to find someone other than himself to blame for the pounding he's going to take in presidential election). I think Jones is confusing the mainstream media with the internet and fan boards like this one. They are two different things.

Jones seems to be missing a fundamental fact, and that is that if you don't release any information about injuries, there is going to be speculation about injuries on the internet. If he thinks he going to eliminate internet talk or speculation, then he's naive and .....well, I won't say what else he is in the interest of being polite. If, on the other hand, you release select information about injuries, then there is no speculation. People know, or have some sense of an injury situation, and that is that. If you do not want to release information because of hippa or your own philosophy, or whatever, fine--but KNOW that word will get out, or rumors will get out. There is no stopping the internet genie--and Jones need to stop acting like he just fell off the back of a turnip truck.

Here is another thing Jones is missing. This is a BIG state football program, with intense fans--hundreds of thousands of intense fans. That is why there are 102,000 fans in Neyland for every home game. Does this guy REALLY think that avid fans are not going to be curious about injuries? What planet has he been on for the last 50 years? Every fan base of every sport is curious about injuries, and has been since sports were invented, as they affect the performance of the team. The press and and fans ALWAYS talk about injuries--it is part of the sports deal--and has ZERO to do with not respecting the players or their families. I've no idea where Jones gets off thinking that a discussion about a conventional injury situation represents a lack of respect for players. I'm sure the Kamara situation is partly or mostly what this is about. When did the Kamara speculation hit this board--today? That's, what, 2.5 days after the game? That's a long time. If any injury info about a player needs to be relayed to family members, I'm not sure why that can't be done within hours--meaning Kamara's family could have, and should have, got word of some kind long before speculation hit this board.

This is Jones on his sanctimonious high horse--again. It's absolutely dopey. I repeat, if Jones doesn't want to release injury issue, FINE. But then he should expect speculation. If he thinks he's going to keep all injury info in a vault--AND keep fans on the internet from asking about, talking about, and speculating about injuries, he is DELUSIONAL.

And here's what crazy: He opened the presser today by announcing the KMac had torn or injured his pectoral muscle and was out for the season. Ok. So he released injury info about one player--and then said he wasn't going to release any more. Huh? If I player is dinged up and it's not clear what injury he might have, FINE: Say John Doe may have a leg injury and is being evaluated. Or whatever. Why is that so difficult? People don't need to know everything, but they do like to know /something/--and, mind you, I'm talking about conventional athletic injuries, not unconventional issues of a more personal nature.

I, for one, am tired of him trying to lecture the media (and fans) about respecting his players. That's nonsense.

People complained when he was vague and said they would rather him not say anything. Now he says nothing and he's Dopey and delusional. Do you remember Dooleys Rommel pc? That was dopey.

way to avoid it. take a job as a gym coach.

Get over it. Jones better check himself fast. He put out misinformation about Hurd and then *****es about misinformation. Shut your whiny cake hole and coach.

lost me when you exposed yourself as being a liberal , the only way the witch wins is if she and her scum followers buy it or steal it.

Yes Donald, we hear you. Unless of course a miracle happens and you win, then everything was on the up and up, right?

Reactions: 4 people
People complained when he was vague and said they would rather him not say anything. Now he says nothing and he's Dopey and delusional. Do you remember Dooleys Rommel pc? That was dopey.

Exactly... though I though the Rommel thing was funny. :)

Coaches can never win. If they're candid, they get ripped. If they're evasive, they get ripped. People are stupid.

Good grief, I remember the good old days when the injury report was released sometime in the middle of the week every week in the newspapers back in the 80's. LOL!!! Today's times with rules and regulations on everything I guess them days are gone. I understand a students right especially if it some kind of condition or something, on the other hand when it relates to a football injury like a ankle of shoulder or whatever I personally don't see the big deal. I do think reporters and outlets should not speculate, I guess I am saying respect the rules but also common sense should apply. GBO

Lets try this answer.. Many of these players have NFL aspirations. That said, why divulge injuries that could, potentially cost them a round or even a few spots within a round? You could be talking, 10s to 100s to possibly millions of potential dollars.. Why give out medical info?
Secondly, why tip a potential weakness to opposition during the week leading up to the game?

The NFL is going to find these things out anyway, they go through physicals and test. They aren't going to offer you a big contract without knowing your injuries or conditions.

My post was deleted but this garbage remains. Neither are fit in my opinion, but if you are going to ding one, then ding both.

Reactions: 6 people
way to avoid it. take a job as a gym coach.

Get over it. Jones better check himself fast. He put out misinformation about Hurd and then *****es about misinformation. Shut your whiny cake hole and coach.

Some of you people amaze me with this stuff.

On a side note, mmmm cake.

VN Store

Back