Coping Mechanisms

Favorite Coping Mechanism for Bad Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glocker_Alum_2005

With all the doom and gloom predictions for the 2018 season. I am curious to my fellow Vols' plans for coping mechanism. Particularly if we start out like 2-6...hard to believe but at the start of the season, we'll be the underdog in all but the UTEP and ETSU games.

Last edited:
D4H really appreciates that you included the "temporarily adopt another team" option for him.

Everyone else should be picking the "watch anyway" choice. It's the loyal fan thing to do, even at considerable pain.

Well, the drinking option isn't too bad, either.

Reactions: 5 people
I will listen to the games while on the river fishing. I hope they are biting (the Vols and the fish).

Reactions: 2 people
No problem here... still numb from Phil/Kiffen/Dooley/Jones... I got this year covered.

Reactions: 2 people
I don’t watch Tennessee to see them win. I watch because I love the big orange and, of course, I want them to do well but will support the guys out there who are working their tails off regardless of their size, speed or what star ranking they received. I’d hope the majority of fans are the same but know there are plenty who aren’t.

Reactions: 8 people
Fuentes has the Hokies improving, my wife approves as shes alumni, they are pretty unbeatable on Thursday night games/Enter the Sandman Adopting another team is an option!

Reactions: 1 person
I will listen to the games while on the river fishing. I hope they are biting (the Vols and the fish).

Now you’re talking, love fishing. Can’t wait to go with my son and days off coincide, maybe be a mammaw, but raised him right, relaxing with rod in hand.

I will start out watching each game, but if it's gets ugly, then on to honey-do it just change the channel. I only live a couple of hours away, so I was considering heading over to the plains to see us play Barn...but it'll be tough to spend the $$$ if we have only 2 wins heading in. Last game I attended was Vandy 2016, and that was not so great.

Same as the last few seasons; drink, watch, and cuss, rant, vent on VN with the rest of the sunshine pumpers/negavols/realists.

Reactions: 8 people
I hunt on good years and bad years. But if the season gets bad I spend more time brushing blinds, working on decoys, scouting, etc. Duck hunting is my medicine.

Spend more time on the hobbies I already have: fitness, reading, car detailing, landscaping, music listening, etc. Football has to be high quality to ever crack that list, and right now it's nowhere near. I imagine I will watch every kickoff but will be long gone by the start of the third. Just a sorry, no-count fan who held season tickets for twenty five years.

With all the doom and gloom predictions for the 2018 season. I am curious to my fellow Vols' plans for coping mechanism. Particularly if we start out like 2-6...hard to believe but at the start of the season, we'll be the underdog in all but the UTEP and ETSU games.

Maturity

VN Store

Back