Coping Mechanisms

Favorite Coping Mechanism for Bad Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I pull out my driver license and smile knowing that I don’t live in Alabama or Florida.

I'm with ya. Went to a party the other night - got late, bama contingent drinking heavy. "We got 4 quarterbacks on the bench that could start on any other SEC team".

I argued... Only 2.
2018.. Pull the upset, Pruitt!

I'm actually pretty proud of the "watch the games anyway" responses. 75% of responses as of now, including mine.

Most loyal fanbase in the country.

That being said, I will still guzzle George Dickel and watch Kennesaw State replays online since they're FCS and relatively close and run a beautiful triple option. But Vols still take priority no matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'm actually pretty proud of the "watch the games anyway" responses. 75% of responses as of now.

Most loyal fanbase in the country

That being said, I will still guzzle George Dickel and watch Kennesaw State replays online since they're FCS and relatively close and run a beautiful triple option. But Vols still take priority no matter what.

Don't forget they have Andrew Butcher now

Reactions: 1 person
While I stated earlier, I will watch the beginning all games...I am also an Arkansas alumnus. I wish I had a better fallback team. That said, growing up in TN, Vols are my first, true, love of course.

Just glad I can watch Aussie rules into September.

Gives me things half a world away to get POed about, and something to watch live on insomnia nights. And nobody gets kicked out for targeting.

If the tickets are already bought, I'll be at the games but there's nothing saying I won't slide up the Schulzbrau a little early to finish watching while consuming a potentially less-than-healthy amount of their fine product if it's a massive blowout in either direction.

D4H really appreciates that you included the "temporarily adopt another team" option for him.

Everyone else should be picking the "watch anyway" choice. It's the loyal fan thing to do, even at considerable pain.

Well, the drinking option isn't too bad, either.

Actually if you combine "watch all games any way" and "drink more" you have the perfect mix, last year drove to drink more while watching!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Actually if you combine "watch all games any way" and "drink more" you have the perfect mix, last year drove to drink more while watching!!!

what i was going to say also....

the Miller Lites will be flowing at a high pace this season..

i am gonna root and pull for my VOLS no matter what....

I don’t watch Tennessee to see them win. I watch because I love the big orange and, of course, I want them to do well but will support the guys out there who are working their tails off regardless of their size, speed or what star ranking they received. I’d hope the majority of fans are the same but know there are plenty who aren’t.

This

Dave, you're right. When you're right, you're right.

Jack Daniels sales probably went up 30% last year in the state of Tennessee.

Nothing goes better after getting your ass whupped than a few shots of whiskey and a dark cave to shelter in. :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
With all the doom and gloom predictions for the 2018 season. I am curious to my fellow Vols' plans for coping mechanism. Particularly if we start out like 2-6...hard to believe but at the start of the season, we'll be the underdog in all but the UTEP and ETSU games.
I cope by starting a new thread about some manufactured issue that has no basis in reality but that causes a lot of furious responses from unrealistic UT football fans.

Reactions: 3 people
I'll tune in when I'm not in the mountains training for the Appalachian Trail and earning my 500 mile pin :)

I'll just keep watching (now from the comfort of my couch).

my friends and family say I act like Randy Quaid in Major League as the game is going on. Thats one way to cope but Im always back the next week.

VN Store

Back