Coping Mechanisms

Favorite Coping Mechanism for Bad Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watch every game. The worst part is that other friends/ family know I'm a big Vols fan so they all want to me about how crappy the season is. I'm probably a little short with some of them during seasons like this past one.

I’ll definitely catch games on the radio while hunting/fishing, which has me actually looking forward to the fall. After spending too much time and money watching the Vols go from disappointing, to frustrating, to embarrassing, it’s going to take more than a coach’s shaming to get me back in the stadium regularly

Reactions: 1 person
I don’t watch Tennessee to see them win. I watch because I love the big orange and, of course, I want them to do well but will support the guys out there who are working their tails off regardless of their size, speed or what star ranking they received. I’d hope the majority of fans are the same but know there are plenty who aren’t.

I'm a real Vols fan like you. They're my time come hell or high water. I might even out a player or even the time when they make stupid blunders. But they're my team and that is the beginning and the end of the matter.

my friends and family say I act like Randy Quaid in Major League as the game is going on. Thats one way to cope but Im always back the next week.
RecentEvergreenAzurevasesponge-max-1mb.gif

One thing that worked for me last season was to DVR the game and get the score ahead of time. Then I would watch the game on Sunday knowing the results so it did not stress me out and look for any positive signs on the field. I started doing this around the LSU game when I had kind of given up on the team.

Oh, and bourbon, lots and lots of bourbon.

you're only guaranteed 12 saturdays a fall. why waste them? regardless of how good we are? i tell my wife every year...12 days. those are mine. no matter what we have going on, i'm getting my 12.

I thought it was mandatory to have a benelli if you blew a Lares. I hunt around Rives, Halls, Eaton, Trimble

I don’t own any Sitka either. I used to have a timber hole in Tatumville. And a large farm west of Finley that you probably know about. I live in NW Jackson. You?

you're only guaranteed 12 saturdays a fall. why waste them? regardless of how good we are? i tell my wife every year...12 days. those are mine. no matter what we have going on, i'm getting my 12.

Haha, I try the same thing with my wife.

But she complains when I tack on the occasional Thursday night game (I'm sorry, but it's a good game!), the Army-Navy game, conference championship games, and about 15-20 days of bowls.

I think I'm so sneaky, but she sees right through that shiz.

VN Store

Back