Butch Jones on Dodd Watchlist for COTY

Glitch

Sally says I am funny! Maybe she will let me live!
[twitter]https://www.twitter.com/doddtrophy/status/887678361887285248[/twitter]

Reactions: 10 people
Gosh, will they ever relax on trying to get a click and a dollar? Dumb question. How in the world do you have a "pre-season watch list" for COY? What qualifies you for that, a name drawn out of a hat.

That being said, I hope Butch wins it. That means a lot of happiness round here.

Reactions: 5 people
Gosh, will they ever relax on trying to get a click and a dollar? Dumb question. How in the world do you have a "pre-season watch list" for COY? What qualifies you for that, a name drawn out of a hat.

That being said, I hope Butch wins it. That means a lot of happiness round here.

It seems like more people around here would prefer a terrible season so they can say "i told you so!"

Reactions: 17 people
Butch gets to go against 5 of those COY candidates this season. If he defeats all of them, he would certainly deserve the award.

Reactions: 1 person
Very curious. Jones ... McElwain ... Malzahn ... Saban. That's it from the SEC.

The SEC-East favorite team's head coach isn't among the watch list. So these guys clearly disagree with the SEC Media as a group. These guys seem to think Auburn is Bama's greatest divisional threat in 2017, while Florida and Tennessee fight for the East.

Certainly a different angle than we've been seeing.

Reactions: 2 people
Fun fact: Who is the first coach to have their son as an assistant, and grandson playing for him at the same time?

(Hint: he's on this watch list.)

Last edited:
So Butch shows up on the "Hotseat" list according to some national media and then somehow he is on the watch list for Coach of the Year.....??

Further proof that no one really knows what is happening/could happen this year on Rocky Top!

dgbg.gif

Fun fact: Who is the first coach to have their son as an assistant, and grandson playing for him at the same time?

(Hint: he's on this watch list.)

I'm guessing Bill Snyder because that makes the most sense.

2017 Dodd Trophy Watch List
•Paul Chryst, Wisconsin
•James Franklin, Penn State
•Justin Fuente, Virginia Tech
•Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State
•Jim Harbaugh, Michigan
•Clay Helton, USC
•Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech
•Butch Jones, Tennessee
•Gus Malzahn, Auburn
•Jim McElwain, Florida
•Urban Meyer, Ohio State
•Ken Niumatalolo, Navy
•Chris Petersen, Washington
•Mark Richt, Miami
•Nick Saban, Alabama
•David Shaw, Stanford
•Bill Snyder, Kansas State
•Dabo Swinney, Clemson
•Kyle Whittingham, Utah

It seems like more people around here would prefer a terrible season so they can say "i told you so!"

Absolutely not. Everybody wants the program to succeed wildly, to the tune of division, conference and national titles. Some don't think Jones is the guy to get us there, that's the rub. But exactly no one fan wants the program to fail no matter who the coach is.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back