Exit Stage Left . . . Who will remain?

BigDave

Ain't Winning Fun!
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...8/apr/23/tennessee-football-transfers/468997/

Based upon CJP's comments after the O&W game I would venture a wild guess and say that some on the current roster will not be on it after this semester ends. I do like the fact that CJP is holding everybody to his expectations and appears to be clearly communicating these expectations to everyone.

So, this begs the questions:

Who do you think transfers?

Where do you think they will go?

GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Good album. Not Rush's best live album, but still a good one.

220px-Rush_Exit_Stage_Left.jpg

No idea on your question. Seeing inside the minds of 18-24 year old lads is quite beyond my powers of prognostication.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 11 people
Those that want to be there will work their butts off this summer and those that don't will be shown the door or the bench come game day.

Reactions: 7 people
Those that want to be there will work their butts off this summer and those that don't will be shown the door or the bench come game day.

Well said Gunner. Have to say I've been liking all your posts. Very logical. Something a lot of fans are missing.

Reactions: 3 people
Good album. Not Rush's best live album, but still a good one.

220px-Rush_Exit_Stage_Left.jpg

No idea on your question. Seeing inside the minds of 18-24 year old lads is quite beyond my powers of prognostication.

Go Vols!

Played Tom Sawyer way so much... To this day, I hate that song

Reactions: 4 people
It wouldn't shock me if Tyler Byrd transfers

I think they will work on Byrd extra hard. The kid has a ton of speed. It would be a shame to waste that.... He has shown he can do things in open field, just need to figure out how to work on his route running capabilities and his hands.... A little more consistency and he might be somewhere in the receiver rotation.

Reactions: 7 people
ItÂ’s nice that Gunners wife is now posting here too

Edit.
Missed the quote button apparently

Happens with every coaching change....Look for RS FR/Soph as candidates as to potentially leave especially if the coaching staff told them that they skill sets does not match either the Offense or Defense moving forward

Played Tom Sawyer way so much... To this day, I hate that song

Heh, yeah, same here! Way overplayed.

You know the song that I'm digging these days, though I didn't appreciate it at first? La Villa Strangiato (sp?).

Happens with every coaching change....Look for RS FR/Soph as candidates as to potentially leave especially if the coaching staff told them that they skill sets does not match either the Offense or Defense moving forward

Agreed Biopsy.

I think they will work on Byrd extra hard. The kid has a ton of speed. It would be a shame to waste that.... He has shown he can do things in open field, just need to figure out how to work on his route running capabilities and his hands.... A little more consistency and he might be somewhere in the receiver rotation.

It must be a deceptive speed, I always thought it looked like a slow motion replay watching him run.

Byrd at kick returner? Is he the fastest player on the field? I'd line him up wide or in a long down the field throw once in a while. I hate to see us lose that talent. Just need to get into his head and motivate. Dillon Bates is another big name that came in with great expectations and just has not produced consistently. If CJP is a great coach, particularly of young men, he will find a way to get the talent on the field and playing with a fire in their bellies.

Reactions: 2 people
Byrd at kick returner? Is he the fastest player on the field? I'd line him up wide or in a long down the field throw once in a while. I hate to see us lose that talent. Just need to get into his head and motivate. Dillon Bates is another big name that came in with great expectations and just has not produced consistently. If CJP is a great coach, particularly of young men, he will find a way to get the talent on the field and playing with a fire in their bellies.

I would love to see byrd to ball out. His clock is ticking fast man. I dont think he will crack the 2 deep chart in my opinion. I'd say put him back on Defense and bring Alonte back to Wr. I think thats going to happen by fall camp..

It wouldn't shock me if Tyler Byrd transfers

My opinion only, but I think it was a mistake for him to ever see the offensive side of the ball. If he had made a big splash on offense, I could see leaving him there, but his stats are minimal and defense is clearly where he is most comfortable.

My opinion only, but I think it was a mistake for him to ever see the offensive side of the ball. If he had made a big splash on offense, I could see leaving him there, but his stats are minimal and defense is clearly where he is most comfortable.

Agree I don't know what Butch Jones was thinking u had a blue chip athlete coming in on the defense side of the ball and I don't know if Byrd chose to play offense just to see the field early, but it didn't help byrd long term.

Pruitt a defensive mind and long time Secondary coach, disagreed during the spring! Or else he wouldn't have move Alonte Taylor over to defense and Bird back to Offense!

Reactions: 3 people
CFA is guy who could get lost in the shuffle... Not really a power back and moved to DB...

Yeah I agree. Especially with the new guys coming in. Even more competition. Just don't see CFA making the 1 deep or even 2 deep unless he shows some extreme improvement before our first game.

Yeah I agree. Especially with the new guys coming in. Even more competition. Just don't see CFA making the 1 deep or even 2 deep unless he shows some extreme improvement before our first game.

Both kids CFA and Byrd came from the same town and best friends. I think maybe they need to separate themselves from each other because them two at the same school not working

VN Store

Back