‘18 CA OL Grad Transfer Dwayne Wallace

Richmond won't start next year Imo. Him and Kendrick were horrible last year.jmo

Richmond is a LG. He's not a LT. He was promised that roll by Butch. Richmond has no business playing OT, along with 95% of the rest of our OL on our roster. There's no quick fix to this issue. We have to start recruiting longer, bigger players for RT/LT. It starts by taking less 260lb projects like Tatum.

Reactions: 3 people
Richmond is a LG. He's not a LT. He was promised that roll by Butch. Richmond has no business playing OT, along with 95% of the rest of our OL on our roster. There's no quick fix to this issue. We have to start recruiting longer, bigger players for RT/LT. It starts by taking less 260lb projects like Tatum.

This I can buy into maybe he would be better off on the inside. I don't think he has the footwork to be a tackle. Good post

Reactions: 2 people

I think trey moves to tackle. Then Richmond can move inside. I think if we stay healthy I actually really like our top 4-5

We haven't had decent OL play since Dooley. We finally have an OL coach but it's gonna take some time to get the OL coached up. Hopefully Pruitt thinks about some JUCO OL.

A new scheme will benefit a lot of these guys as well. Last year's was to predictable. The offense was basically playing against a defense that knew where the ball was going pre-snap.

Reactions: 3 people
A new scheme will benefit a lot of these guys as well. Last year's was to predictable. The offense was basically playing against a defense that knew where the ball was going pre-snap.

Part of it. But part was the techniques and the passive nature of OL play in Jones' scheme. In a good system, the coach can tell a player that if they make a mistake or aren't sure what to do... just hit someone and take them out of the play. Jones emphasized the "fine details of playing winning football". Not just technique over aggression but technique at the expense of aggression.

Reactions: 4 people
Part of it. But part was the techniques and the passive nature of OL play in Jones' scheme. In a good system, the coach can tell a player that if they make a mistake or aren't sure what to do... just hit someone and take them out of the play. Jones emphasized the "fine details of playing winning football". Not just technique over aggression but technique at the expense of aggression.

I agree. It seemed to me a lot of the time if someone got beat or if their man wasn't where they should've been then the guys didn't know what to do. Everyone but Trey anyways. He was mauling someone no matter what lol.

Reactions: 2 people
Who's our competition and when can he be on campus. He has 1 year left and probably needs to get in shape

Agree on Richmond.

On guys like Tatum too for the most part. I still like Tatum's upside and don't mind taking a kid with the frame and athleticism for OT, but not enough weight/muscle occasionally. But we were loading up on them under Butch.

Guys like Tatum should only be a take if you're confident you've got the depth to let him sit and grow for about 3 years.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back