⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

Here are all the 431 WSOC D1 #TransferPortal PUBLICLY announced and where they came from
D1 to D1 (365) - 84.7%
NJCAA to D1 (41) - 9.5%
D2 to D1 (21) - 4.9%
D3 to D1 (3) - .7%
NAIA to D1 (1) - .2%

IMG_7417.jpegIMG_7418.jpegIMG_7419.png

Reactions: turbovol
IMG_6200.pngHere are the WSOC D1 programs that have had the most players leave and sign elsewhere using the #TransferPortal. Always lots of factors involved but some useful information 👇

Nice indicator. We’re signing players that are valued.

Well, it's nice that we're recruiting good players--but decidedly not good if they transfer out. And we've lost 3 of our best players over the last two years years. You simply don't want to lose your best players--and if you are, there's a problem. Certainly, everyone attempts to counteract their outgoing transfers with incoming transfers--and then it becomes a matter of whether your incoming against your outgoing is a net gain or a net loss. It's too early to say for sure--but we might end up with a net gain this next season, as I think we brought in some solid or perhaps good players at different positions. But as St.Michel pointed out a few times, if you bring in transfers regularly, then you're retarding the development of promising younger players, because they're not playing enough--and guess what: They could then decide to transfer out. A crazy circle.

In a perfect world you are keeping your best players, developing and playing your promising young prospects, filling a couple of thin positions with good transfers yearly, and you are only losing to transfer players who weren't destined to play much in the seasons ahead. That would be the ideal--and it takes a deft manager and staff to pull it off. Talent evaluation and roster management are more important than ever.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

IMG_7453.jpeg

Time & Location​

May 11, 2024, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Safety City Field @ Safety City, 165 South Concord Street Knoxville, TN 37919

About the Event​

• Train with University of Tennessee Men's and Women's Soccer athletes Lindsey Brick, Sizzy Lawton, Charles Mueller, and more!
  • Improve skills and fundamentals
  • Friendly competitions & tournament-style scrimmages
  • Learn about collegiate athletics, recruitment, and the student-athlete life
  • Connect with college athletes through educational material on the athletic journey
Boys & Girls, Ages 8-16. Participants are seperated by age and skill level to form the appropriate training groups. All skills levels welcome!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
2-1 Wake Forest at the half. Second WF goal came from a poor clearance off a short corner. Was really horrific to see the ball bounce around our box. Our goal came shortly thereafter, I think, from Keaton Mitchell, but I might have gotten that wrong! She managed to pick the ball of WF’s center back and had a beautiful finish.

Very physical game, and our players don’t seem to like it! Lots of frustration from both teams.

Reactions: MAD and turbovol
Thanks for the report. Look forward to one on the second half! Let's hope we can rally!

Wake Forest, like Clemson, IS a very good program, very well coached, good almost every year but somewhat overlooked because the teams at the top of the ACC are such big dogs. I forget the name of WF's coach--but like all the top programs in the ACC, he's very experienced, been there a long time and very well respected--and it doesn't hurt that like all the ACC big dogs, the WF men's program is elite as well.

In the group photo above, anybody know who the player is with the crutches? Don't like seeing crutches!

Reactions: MAD
Thanks for the report. Look forward to one on the second half! Let's hope we can rally!

Wake Forest, like Clemson, IS a very good program, very well coached, good almost every year but somewhat overlooked because the teams at the top of the ACC are such big dogs. I forget the name of WF's coach--but like all the top programs in the ACC, he's very experienced, been there a long time and very well respected--and it doesn't hurt that like all the ACC big dogs, the WF men's program is elite as well.

In the group photo above, anybody know who the player is with the crutches? Don't like seeing crutches!
Not sure but looks like Runyon.

Ultimately ended 2-1. WF was clearly a better team. Their ability to switch the field and their accuracy with long balls was very impressive. However, our players rallied and just ultimately were unable to convert or were offsides. Ally had some great saves! Good show of resilience because I really thought the final score might 5-0 at one point 🫣

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Hope all is well! Here is my observation (ignorant spectator waiver in effect 😀).

When watching the team play from the highest vantage point, one glaring assessment becomes evident, we have no 'shape'. WF had a very disciplined shape that was still very dynamic and filled with players that were constantly moving and looking for opportunity to attack. Our shape was very haphazard (especially in the midfield) and always taking on a reactive, tactic. Can't win games that way. A lot of unnecessary pressure is being put on a really good back line that must compensate for our disorganized midfield (poor shape or wrong shape - a coaching issue I believe ). This leads to defenders being split, pourous defensive line moments (luckily we have a pretty athletic back line that can cover the gaps), unmarked players and very static/confused movement from the middle third of the field. Seems like the players in the midfield are being set up for failure by the coaching staff - I can't quite put my finger on the problem. Also, players are not stepping to the ball to receive or intercept passes, field players literally stand still on throw in restarts (leaves no viable options to maintain possession- WF would have 4-5 players moving to create space for a throw in--the throw in is a two way street), up top needs to improve first touches (and that's not all), and we don't use the peripheral of the field at all! Which is weird considering the outside of the field gives us the best forward movement and contributed to an SEC championship win.

Basically, coaches should maybe come up to the press box to watch the game and make tactical changes. Right now the tactic seems, well, very myopic in nature.

So, we looked confused and half the squad looks out of shape. Now, we have the talent and the ability to perform - for sure. We desperately need vision for the whole field (not just 1/3rd at a time), leadership on the field, better coaching vision/adjustment, and blood/sweat/tears conditioning. Oh- we need a #6 to bring 'law and order ' to the game. The #6 piece is a huge problem and is creating absolute chaos in an essential part of the field- I mean - the #6 literally controls a critical transition zone in effective tactical play. And, 'Oh, Oh' up top - needs attackers. The back line is good to go. The midfield has the talent just needs movement fixed (and make players play at a Midgley pace!), but the up top is in desperate need of fixin. If Coach is gonna chase players in the next portal opening, it's got to be attackers that have great first touches and drive to the net. But I doubt any are left. We have 4 months to get ready. Again, talent is here, need some solid coaching that allows our talented players to shine!!

Reactions: MAD and brittannica
Hope all is well! Here is my observation (ignorant spectator waiver in effect 😀).

When watching the team play from the highest vantage point, one glaring assessment becomes evident, we have no 'shape'. WF had a very disciplined shape that was still very dynamic and filled with players that were constantly moving and looking for opportunity to attack. Our shape was very haphazard (especially in the midfield) and always taking on a reactive, tactic. Can't win games that way. A lot of unnecessary pressure is being put on a really good back line that must compensate for our disorganized midfield (poor shape or wrong shape - a coaching issue I believe ). This leads to defenders being split, pourous defensive line moments (luckily we have a pretty athletic back line that can cover the gaps), unmarked players and very static/confused movement from the middle third of the field. Seems like the players in the midfield are being set up for failure by the coaching staff - I can't quite put my finger on the problem. Also, players are not stepping to the ball to receive or intercept passes, field players literally stand still on throw in restarts (leaves no viable options to maintain possession- WF would have 4-5 players moving to create space for a throw in--the throw in is a two way street), up top needs to improve first touches (and that's not all), and we don't use the peripheral of the field at all! Which is weird considering the outside of the field gives us the best forward movement and contributed to an SEC championship win.

Basically, coaches should maybe come up to the press box to watch the game and make tactical changes. Right now the tactic seems, well, very myopic in nature.

So, we looked confused and half the squad looks out of shape. Now, we have the talent and the ability to perform - for sure. We desperately need vision for the whole field (not just 1/3rd at a time), leadership on the field, better coaching vision/adjustment, and blood/sweat/tears conditioning. Oh- we need a #6 to bring 'law and order ' to the game. The #6 piece is a huge problem and is creating absolute chaos in an essential part of the field- I mean - the #6 literally controls a critical transition zone in effective tactical play. And, 'Oh, Oh' up top - needs attackers. The back line is good to go. The midfield has the talent just needs movement fixed (and make players play at a Midgley pace!), but the up top is in desperate need of fixin. If Coach is gonna chase players in the next portal opening, it's got to be attackers that have great first touches and drive to the net. But I doubt any are left. We have 4 months to get ready. Again, talent is here, need some solid coaching that allows our talented players to shine!!
Curious to see how our front line looks when Runyon and Jaida are back. Completely agree with the word “reactive” to describe the midfield as well. When the LV did play “their” game good things happened.

Reactions: MAD and chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back