10-2 Next year, What say you?

How so?

Under no circumstance should Tennessee need luck to win these 7 games ...

Chattanooga (Home)
NC State (Charlotte)
Kent State (Home)
UTEP (Home)
Kentucky (Home)
Mississippi State (Home)
Vanderbilt (Away)

Of those games, NC State and Kentucky might be close .... but we tend to win those vs Kentucky.
And we have no idea who is coming back next year.
That team might not be as depleted as everyone expects

True .... and like others have pointed out, there is the transfer portal now. It has changed the concept of "rebuilding."
I think Hypel is selective in the portal. More than he should be in my opinion. But I think he’s playing the long game so that he can continue to be selective. I think he’d rather coach like Smart and Saban than kiffen.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
I think FL and OU could be toss-ups depending on what our respective rosters look like. I could also see 7-5 with losing to someone we should especially if the OL can’t protect Nico.
I think we will be underdogs at Oklahoma and I will assume Florida will be a loss until someone shows me the psychological baggage with them is over.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
We will be underdogs in 3 of those 4 games. May be underdogs against Florida too. I think 8-4 is very realistic with risk of dropping a 5th game.
The Arkansas game is a huge question mark, just because it's on the road. That's been shaky lately. It won't surprise me if we beat Florida at home .... but then drop the game in Arky. 8-4 is probably the best bet.

I'm looking more so at how he does against the big three, so far he is 2-6, and not struggling with or dropping games to inferior opponents

Need to see the actual schedule first. We'll have a new QB and new folks at other key positions - Positioning of certain games is always a key.

I can see us winning 9 games.

OK put your predictions here and next year we can see how you did.
If Joe opts out of the Bowl game & I see Nico play a full game. I will give a prediction for 2024 because QB is the main cog in a team. If not, I have no idea because he could be a bust, a so-so or dynamic, all 3 would be intracule in the final record.

10-2 next season means that we win 2 out 4 games with UA, The Dawgs, Florida & OU, and then sweep everyone else. Easier said than done.
We get the Gators & Tide at home. Georgia on the road. Where do we play the Sooners? Depending on how the roster and schedule ends up, I can see 10-2 being the ceiling for next year. With 8-4 also possible on the low end.

10-2 next season means that we win 2 out 4 games with UA, The Dawgs, Florida & OU, and then sweep everyone else. Easier said than done.
We get the Gators & Tide at home. Georgia on the road. Where do we play the Sooners? Depending on how the roster and schedule ends up, I can see 10-2 being the ceiling for next year. With 8-4 also possible on the low end.
9-3

How so?

Under no circumstance should Tennessee need luck to win these 7 games ...

Chattanooga (Home)
NC State (Charlotte)
Kent State (Home)
UTEP (Home)
Kentucky (Home)
Mississippi State (Home)
Vanderbilt (Away)

Of those games, NC State and Kentucky might be close .... but we tend to win those vs Kentucky.
Under no condition should the NC State game be close at all

Under no condition should the NC State game be close at all
Yeah .... and the more I think about it, we won't lose to Arkansas either. That is not a talented football team, and I think Pittman will have a hard time replenishing the roster through the portal. He looks too much like a lame duck coach right now. 8-4 or even 9-3 should not be considered unrealistic for Tennessee at all.

8-9 wins will be big in the new SEC.
9 wins should contend for the playoffs most seasons.

UGA's chances of losing a game or two increase a lot in the new conference scheduling. Bama already faces tougher opponents, so their wins shouldn't change much. Everyone's chances of dropping an unexpected L means CFB will look more like CBB. Almost no one goes undefeated going forward. Even Mich and tOSU have to face four new tougher opponents every two seasons.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
8-4 assuming we get at least a couple of OL in the portal. Possibly better if some key players like Bru opt to return. Possibly better if we also find a lock down corner and playmakers at safety.
Looks like Bru has @5th rd draft grade as of now.
Is that enough for him to declare? I suspect it is.

I think playing UF later in the season could be a plus for us, given their tendency to play much worse later in the season the past few years.

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back