'16 FL DE Keir Thomas

Beating USCe is not a big deal regardless of the coach. He was undefeated against us with some of the worst UF teams in a generation.

Zook teams were worse, and USCe has become a bigger deal since they decided to hire big name coaches starting with Holtz.

I don't want to clutter up this thread with this discussion, but what was the reaction from South Carolina's fanbase on the Muschamp hire? I can't imagine it was positive.

I don't want to clutter up this thread with this discussion, but what was the reaction from South Carolina's fanbase on the Muschamp hire? I can't imagine it was positive.

They had worse names on their list...and worse hires in their history. :)

Actually, a lot of them loved it. They think they will be contenders sooner rather than later.

They feel Muschamp got a raw deal at UF. Believed admin forced his hand with Weis and low salary pool.

They feel Muschamp got a raw deal at UF. Believed admin forced his hand with Weis and low salary pool.

Raw deal my arse.. Any decent coach/recruiter should do well at Florida.. Do they honestly think he will be better at USC light?

Raw deal my arse.. Any decent coach/recruiter should do well at Florida.. Do they honestly think he will be better at USC light?

I'm one of the few who believe he'll win enough there to keep their fanbase happy. Their biggest issue with SOS was commitment. He didn't want to recruit and put in the long hours anymore. Muschamp will recruit well there and he's already putting together a solid staff.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm currently going to school there and most people I know hated the hire and want the AD (Tanner) to be fired. However, as any can base would, they are looking for the positives and believe that muschamp will get them back to bowl games consistently

I'm one of the few who believe he'll win enough there to keep their fanbase happy. Their biggest issue with SOS was commitment. He didn't want to recruit and put in the long hours anymore. Muschamp will recruit well there and he's already putting together a solid staff.

He may keep their fanbase happy, but only because 8-win seasons have satisfied them historically, not because he will consistently compete for championships.

Spoke to a huge USCe fan last night. He said the new coaching staff is loaded wit the best recruiters in the nation. Shrugged off his terrible coaching job at UF and blamed it on being his 1st job. Then added that he thinks UT goes 7-5 next season and Butch gets fired. Of course he is talking out of his arse because I immediately offered to take a bet on that for whatever amount he wanted and he declined.

Reactions: 2 people
Good thing he doesn't have one

Exactly didnt he rehire the guy whose offense looked like it had no clue? Those thinking muschamp will be better at sc than at uf are insane. My grandma could recruit talent to uf. Sc is a totally different animal.

Exactly didnt he rehire the guy whose offense looked like it had no clue? Those thinking muschamp will be better at sc than at uf are insane. My grandma could recruit talent to uf. Sc is a totally different animal.

The offense had no clue because they couldn't remember what offense they were running. UF had 3 OC's in Muschamp's 4 years. Stability will likely alleviate a lot of that.

Sure did. Roper isn't impressive at all. Had to go be an assistant for the Browns because no one wanted to hire him as an OC.

Spoke to a huge USCe fan last night. He said the new coaching staff is loaded wit the best recruiters in the nation. Shrugged off his terrible coaching job at UF and blamed it on being his 1st job. Then added that he thinks UT goes 7-5 next season and Butch gets fired. Of course he is talking out of his arse because I immediately offered to take a bet on that for whatever amount he wanted and he declined.

Did you mention that a 7-5 record would never get a coach fired at USC?

The offense had no clue because they couldn't remember what offense they were running. UF had 3 OC's in Muschamp's 4 years. Stability will likely alleviate a lot of that.

Part of the issue is muschamp no clue about about anything when it comes to the offensive side of the football like zero clue. Sc has seen the best it can ever be under spurrier i just dont see muschamp doing any better than that.

First time to give the first like to a posts. Long time member to have that as your first post. Made me laugh. Post more often. :hi:

VN Store

Back