'16 PA DE Karamo Dioubate

We all know your feelings on him, but our special teams were the best in school history and supposedly he hand a strong hand in that. Can't be overlooked.

I thought elder was special teams?

I wonder if Z will stay on as full time Special Teams coach or be issued a git shirt?

Well you can only have 9 full time assistants:

OC - DeBord
WR - Gattis (assuming)
RB - Gillespie
TE - Scott
DC - Shoop (assuming)
DL - Stripling
LB - Thigpen
DB - Martinez

That leaves 1 spot open. QB, OL, ST with no named assistant. Just me thinking out loud here... I bet there are more changes ahead.

There was a lot of quotes from Butch at the end of season giving a lot of credit to Z in that area, but maybe he was just blowing smoke.

Elder held the title STC but in reality the duties were split between staff members. Z did punt returns I think.

OC - DeBord
WR - Gattis (assuming)
RB - Gillespie
TE - Scott
DC - Shoop (assuming)
DL - Stripling
LB - Thigpen
DB - Martinez

That leaves 1 spot open. QB, OL, ST with no named assistant. Just me thinking out loud here... I bet there are more changes ahead.

You forgot Mahoney at OL. According to Eazy Martinez and Thig will be gone too, so I thinking Shoop would cover DC and DB. That would open a spot for a full time ST if Butch really wanted to do that (which I kinda doubt).

Elder held the title STC but in reality the duties were split between staff members. Z did punt returns I think.

Z did both return teams, if I understood correctly. He was always the one working with them in practice videos.

You forgot Mahoney at OL. According to Eazy Martinez and Thig will be gone too, so I thinking Shoop would cover DC and DB. That would open a spot for a full time ST if Butch really wanted to do that (which I kinda doubt).

I hope Thig leaving isn't true.

This Karamo kid though... I like.

Why would Thig be leaving? That makes no sense.

From reading other posts, it appears some of these decisions are not just related to coaching. Other things are in play away from the field. Just need to trust in Butch. His career is at stake with these moves. He's not stupid.

OC - DeBord
WR - Gattis (assuming)
RB - Gillespie
TE - Scott
DC - Shoop (assuming)
DL - Stripling
LB - Thigpen
DB - Martinez

That's a heck of a staff.

1F83FB0AE73FB0313F1E6412F757F4B98CB1EF7E

VN Store

Back