'17 FL WR Jacquez Jones (UT signee)

Has recruiting been a problem since Butch got here?

Is past success indicative of future performance?

Y'all are crazy. We are fine. Don't abandon ship just yet. Everyone in the know is pointing to a top 5 class. I have no reason to not trust them.

Reactions: 4 people
As long as he can catch a football and score touchdowns I don't care whos on his offer list or what star he is...

Reactions: 2 people

Y'all are crazy. We are fine. Don't abandon ship just yet. Everyone in the know is pointing to a top 5 class. I have no reason to not trust them.

It's a little confusing. he got higher rated players after the 5 and 6 win seasons. The Vols win 9 games and it's like he's settling for whoever wants to commit

Reactions: 1 person
How does he compare to KD Nixon? Interested to hear some objective opinions...

KD is the more versatile, can return punts, kicks, take the ball out of the backfield, line up at slot...He's an all purpose type whereas Jacquez Jones looks more a pure slot player.

It's a little confusing. he got higher rated players after the 5 and 6 win seasons. The Vols win 9 games and it's like he's settling for whoever wants to commit

What's so confusing about it? He sold those kids on his vision, the future, and early playing time. Now he doesn't have any of those, they care about one thing now...a breakthrough. Winning big. Once we do, it will take care of itself.

Bunch of cry babies in this thread right now. Quick, someone bring them their bottle. :cray:

This kid also plays CB.

Did not know that thanks. I was curious if the coaches cruited him as a slot guy or a pure ath. At first I was thinking the latter but after watching more film I think he's a slot guy. Shows good hands, speed, and cutting ability.

Did not know that thanks. I was curious if the coaches cruited him as a slot guy or a pure ath. At first I was thinking the latter but after watching more film I think he's a slot guy. Shows good hands, speed, and cutting ability.

He didn't play CB at all last season

That is not completely known yet. Jones had two highly regarded classes but the '16 class does not quite compare. The start to the '17 class doesn't either. He may be getting a bunch of diamonds he can cut and polish.... or he may be getting players that actually belong at one of the mid-majors that UT took them from.

Remember that several here excused the '16 class on the basis that the '17 class for TN HSFB was going to be so strong that Jones can load up again. Maybe he will. But right now there are 12 4* players in TN. Two are committed to Clemson. None are committed to UT.

Granted it is early but UT is currently 9th in the SEC in recruiting with a 2.86 star avg.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Maybe not last season but on his hudl it says he is a slot back and Cornerback. So apparently he plays CB also. I will take hudl over your words.

This is the kind of thread you bookmark and when the kid gets bumped to a four star later in the cycle you come back and read the posts and laugh.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm thinking he'll be a good replacement for Berry at KR for when he leaves. This kid is make the defenders look like they're standing still.

I'm thinking he'll be a good replacement for Berry at KR for when he leaves. This kid is make the defenders look like they're standing still.

We'll definitely have plenty of options. CFA, Perry, Williams, Nixon, and others will also be in the mix.

VN Store

Back