'17 FL WR Jacquez Jones (UT signee)

How good is the competition he's playing against? It's 6A in a major metropolitan area of FL so I would imagine it's at least good if not very good...

I ask because he's making those kids look slow in his highlight reel...I know highlight tapes can be deceiving but I definitely see what Fortenberry is saying about the burst and acceleration

3RD Largest classification. Clearwater's district is solid. The Region is very good tho.
Level of comp isn't an issue.

Some of you people have lost your **** minds. You do know we do a lot running in football right. Athletes that can run in 6A class with something to prove are not players we need to turn down. 6A in Florida. Come on man.

Reactions: 4 people
Some of you people have lost your **** minds. You do know we do a lot running in football right. Athletes that can run in 6A class with something to prove are not players we need to turn down. 6A in Florida. Come on man.

Welcome to the board

Yeh this my first post. Been reading for years and it's finally time to pull the trigger on posting.

Reactions: 2 people
Way too much sarcasm here. This young man has speed and drive.

He's not a prototypical megatron, which is what takes to get 5* these days. [The all time leading WR in the sec was a 2* (now a multimillionaire starting in Philly).]

Butch has watched plenty of Florida film, where fast kids make plays -- kids nobody heard of. Such as the guy who beat us last year.

Chip Kelly at Oregon would take this young man and make him a star. Butch will too.

Have we not figured out to trust this staffs evaluations?

No, because the success we're having, is coming from highly rated players. Minus Sutton.

Everyone can't expect, every 3 star will be a Sutton.

Playing time should be a selling point again, as most of our playmakers will be gone after this season.
We can't continue to load up on 3*s and be in discussions of winning the SEC and playoffs. Stop the "Butch hasn't let us down" talk. Because as I already stated, this success and hype is coming from his top 5 class of 4 and 5 stars. Sure some kids will rank up and some will be diamond's in the rough, but stop with the playing time, because it's wide open next season. And we were just filling needs last class, and the " I trust Butch and this staff" crap.5 years ago, the same argument was used to defend Dooley. Thats the mess we're still cleaning.

Yes it's early, but so far it's looking like Butch is not the recruiter we thought. And so far, to this point, half his classes have/are sucking. Obviously, we're trending down and these other classes haven't given us nothing to say if this staff knows what their doing, but I know every 3* is not going to be a diamond and your only trying cover that sinking feeling by saying otherwise.

Reactions: 2 people
If this kid played in TN against some of this god awful competition he would be a 4 or 5* and yall would be all over his nuts. I'll take this kid and the competition he plays against week in and week out in Florida.

I agree. From watching his film, he's got something that we need and something that cant be coached, SPEED!

No, because the success we're having, is coming from highly rated players. Minus Sutton.

Playing time should be a selling point again, as most of our playmakers will be gone after this season.
We can't continue to load up on 3*s and be in discussions of winning the SEC and playoffs. Stop the "Butch hasn't let us down" talk. Because as I already stated, this success and hype is coming from his top 5 class of 4 and 5 stars. Sure some kids will rank up and some will be diamond's in the rough, but stop with the playing time, because it's wide open next season. And we were just filling needs last class, and the " I trust Butch and this staff" crap.5 years ago, the same argument was used to defend Dooley. Thats the mess we're still cleaning.

Yes it's early, but so far it's looking like Butch is not the recruiter we thought. And so far, to this point, half his classes have/are sucking. Obviously, we're trending down and these other classes haven't given us nothing to say if this staff knows what their doing, but I know every 3* is not going to be a diamond and your only trying cover that sinking feeling by saying otherwise.

Half his classes are "sucking?" You are delusional.

Reactions: 7 people

Minus Sutton... and Vereen, Weisman, Kendrick, Foreman, Josh Smith, Vickers, Evan Berry, Wolf, Gaulden, Robertson, Thomas, Moseley, Owen Williams, Austin Smith, Chance Hall... all 3 stars, all of whom are projected to start or get significant playing time this year... or previous years (Owen Williams). We sure are trending down... GTFO

Reactions: 8 people

Do even read what you type?

Reactions: 1 person
Just watched his Hudl tape, and his ingame speed is really impressive. Personally, I think he has even better tape than L. Williams from last class, and everyone was pumped about stealing him from Miami right before NSD. If he can get to ~185 and keep that speed, he will be a weapon. He's definitely quick enough to be a cover corner as well.

Everybody here knows how I feel about this years recruiting, but this post is a load of imbecilic horsecrap. And I have never complained about last years class. I don't care what itwas ranked, I think it was a great class outside of missing on DT. It will end up being one of the most underrated classes in our history IMO. Just so you guys know where I stand on stupidity like this post. I do not believe in any way that this years recruiting is the fault of Butch Jones and staff..well outside of Azzani. I do think he is an anchor around Butches neck, but I may even be wrong about that.

I guess ignorance is not bliss?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back