'18 AL OL Jarious Abercrombie (Walk on 5/18/18)

clicked on the video highlights in the article, and i have no idea about the competition he's playing but in few highlights that were there, it was pretty impressive.......

From RTI: ...Abercrombie, on the other hand, rings in at a “lean” 6-6 320. Unlike Kennedy, who would’ve been (at best) a short-term solution to Tennessee’s OL depth problem, Jarius provides both an immediate boost to general depth, and enough collegiate road ahead of him for OL coach Will Friend to take that massive frame and cultivate it into quality depth.

If he is a lean 320, I can't wait to beef him up 20-30 lbs and watch him steamroll the middle of the field!

clicked on the video highlights in the article, and i have no idea about the competition he's playing but in few highlights that were there, it was pretty impressive.......

The kid looks better than good in the highlights provided.

There are flashes of Trey in those highlights..the kid moves pretty well. At least someone won't be stealing this kid this time around....

Reactions: 1 person
From RTI: ...Abercrombie, on the other hand, rings in at a “lean” 6-6 320. Unlike Kennedy, who would’ve been (at best) a short-term solution to Tennessee’s OL depth problem, Jarius provides both an immediate boost to general depth, and enough collegiate road ahead of him for OL coach Will Friend to take that massive frame and cultivate it into quality depth.

If he is a lean 320, I can't wait to beef him up 20-30 lbs and watch him steamroll the middle of the field!

This doesn't preclude us from taking Kennedy, nor should it ever. This kid, while big, is an unrated, basically unrecruited walk on.

Kennedy was a four star recruit who has spent years in a high level SEC S&C program. Kennedy doesn't come here to "provide depth." He's a day one starter, and there is a strong chance we get him for two seasons.

Reactions: 6 people
This doesn't preclude us from taking Kennedy, nor should it ever. This kid, while big, is an unrated, basically unrecruited walk on.

Kennedy was a four star recruit who has spent years in a high level SEC S&C program. Kennedy doesn't come here to "provide depth." He's a day one starter, and there is a strong chance we get him for two seasons.

I know what you are saying but the article says differently. The article says this kid has taken Kennedy's spot.

Agreed! Just because an OL spends 3 years at bama and doesn't play much (FR Redshirt & Medical RS included) doesn't mean he isn't good...It just means that they have crazy good depth.

And if Jarious is lean 320, I would expect Coach Rocker to be asking for him to get some snaps at NT to see how he works out there.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back