'18 QB (Grad Transfer option) Gardner Minshew

I haven't reneged on anything..I believe I have more than proven my side of this and most would agree with me. Either way I will trust our Coach's going after him and Chryst than some posters evaluations. I think they are better suited to make those decisions than a message board poster. Agree or disagree??

Nah. They should heed my wisdom. What’s this “proven” sh**? They’re looking at OPTIONS. Ain’t nothing been DECIDED. And you need to do a poll so we can scientifically conclude that “most” would agree with your OPINION...fellow message board poster. :hi:

Still don’t want. Roll with Guarantano.

I'm sure the Coach's will set up a meet and greet with you to get your input. I'm quite sure you will be offered a staff position once said meeting happens. Go make VN proud my dude!!

Nah. They should heed my wisdom. What’s this “proven” sh**? They’re looking at OPTIONS. Ain’t nothing been DECIDED. And you need to do a poll so we can scientifically conclude that “most” would agree with your OPINION...fellow message board poster. :hi:

Yes I'm quite sure your wisdom with be the deciding vote on who the Coach's go with moving forward. I fully expect a current coach to be let go in order to open up a lead recruiter, QB developer and QB Coach position for you. All that on the field and on the road recruiting experience will take a backseat to your hiding behind a screen QB knowledge. Really Hope JP doesn't miss the boat on you and lose you to one of our rivals. I'm pulling for you dogg!

He's got 3500 career passing yards, 27/11 TD to InT ratio, 58% adding % and a 127.1 passer rating. Who currently on our roster has anything close to that. Fact is nobody on our current roster screams they are a SEC QB.

I just want to put some of those stats in perspective. ECU had a much better offense than us. They are also a passing offense that was top 20 in the nation playing 2 different qb's in almost every game. So let's not give Minshew all the credit there. They had the 5th most passing attempts last season. Minshew played 10 games, started 2. The 2 games he started he averaged 50 passing attempts and lost his last start 70-13 and threw 3 int's with a completion percentage of 52% on 54 attempts. He had more than twice as many attempts as JG did. JG had a better completion percentage and a better yards per attempt. Pretty much equal on TD to INT ratio and QBR. And that was with a rookie OC trying to call Butch plays. JG's last 2 starts he averaged 22.5 attempts per start completing 60% at 9.4 yards per attempt with a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio against way better defenses than Minshew faced.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/report-tennessee-set-host-stanford-graduate-transfer-qb-keller-chryst/

Gonna leave this right here for you Incase you continue thinking JP and Helton have confidence in JG or Helton. May wanna read before you continue blurting out stuff you are 10000% wrong about.

Last edited:
tennessee-football/report-tennessee-set-host-stanford-graduate-transfer-qb

Gonna leave this right here for you Incase you continue thinking JP and Helton have confidence in JG or Helton. May wanna read before you continue blurting out stuff you are 10000% wrong about.

That is not really proof that they lack confidence in JG. It could also mean they think we need more depth at the position. How would they really know until they see him in practice. At this point everything is just speculation. But I will speculate that you will continue to state yer opinions as fact because that is how VN works so as you were. :)

Last edited:
Dude left ECU to take care of Family issues...if the deciding factor, then a lot easier to do that from 2.5hrs away, than from 7hrs. Helton recruited Chryst. We are hosting Chryst. You tell me which one we end up with. I think they gauge Chryst's interest and offer him first.

That is not really proof that they lack confidence in JG. It could also mean they think we need more depth at the position. How would they really know until they see him in practice. At this point everything is just speculation. Put I will speculate that you will continue to state yer opinions as fact because that is how VN works so as you were. :)

I have stated nothing as fact unlike a lot of posters. Yes everything is speculation and I have said nothing was a given. I just stated what has been written and said by Coach's. Helton said Shrout was the exact type of QB he wants and that JG and McBride do certain things well and others not well based off what he wants from his QB. Not sure it gets any more clear than that on the uncertainty of JG and Mcbride. I appreciate your permission to going back to as I was but pretty sure I don't need your approval or permission. Everything I have said is based off comments from Coach's and not just opinion based stuff from random posters. Just like people saying JG is definitely the starter or that Chandler or anyone else is already been announced to be our starters. I'm very sure none of that has been announced and won't be anytime soon. If you were the new HC or PC how much confidence would you have in JG and McBride based off a small amount of on the field play. I wouldn't have much and even less with it being a completely different offense. So I'm just not sure how any of that is my opinion that I'm claiming as fact. Now little man..As you were!

I'm sure the Coach's will set up a meet and greet with you to get your input. I'm quite sure you will be offered a staff position once said meeting happens. Go make VN proud my dude!!

I don’t think you’re being serious. And this is no laughing matter. It’s a message board thread. :no:

I have stated nothing as fact unlike a lot of posters. Yes everything is speculation and I have said nothing was a given. I just stated what has been written and said by Coach's. Helton said Shrout was the exact type of QB he wants and that JG and McBride do certain things well and others not well based off what he wants from his QB. Not sure it gets any more clear than that on the uncertainty of JG and Mcbride. I appreciate your permission to going back to as I was but pretty sure I don't need your approval or permission. Everything I have said is based off comments from Coach's and not just opinion based stuff from random posters. Just like people saying JG is definitely the starter or that Chandler or anyone else is already been announced to be our starters. I'm very sure none of that has been announced and won't be anytime soon. If you were the new HC or PC how much confidence would you have in JG and McBride based off a small amount of on the field play. I wouldn't have much and even less with it being a completely different offense. So I'm just not sure how any of that is my opinion that I'm claiming as fact. Now little man..As you were!

Well said...at least the first hour. :pinch:

Dude left ECU to take care of Family issues...if the deciding factor, then a lot easier to do that from 2.5hrs away, than from 7hrs. Helton recruited Chryst. We are hosting Chryst. You tell me which one we end up with. I think they gauge Chryst's interest and offer him first.

The ECU kid could enroll next week and Chryst not till after June. I'm curious to see who their first option is. The ECU kid is visiting Ala this weekend but could visit TN after. I think either one would be a great addition and appear to be the top 2 options.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/report-tennessee-set-host-stanford-graduate-transfer-qb-keller-chryst/

Read it already. It’s a Saturday Down South article. :boredom:

The ECU kid could enroll next week and Chryst not till after June. I'm curious to see who their first option is. The ECU kid is visiting Ala this weekend but could visit TN after. I think either one would be a great addition and appear to be the top 2 options.

Are you just reading stuff that we’ve already read and posting it? :blink:
ITNE17l.gif

Little man. That's a good one. And for giving you permission to state yer opinions and insult anyone who disagrees with you, yer welcome.

We barely have any college QB experience on our roster. We can bring this guy in without losing anything. What's hard to understand here? (especially when your main guy next year is very injury prone).

We barely have any college QB experience on our roster. We can bring this guy in without losing anything. What's hard to understand here? (especially when your main guy next year is very injury prone).

We lose a spot in next year’s class. So it’s SOMETHING.

Right but we have a couple spots left for '18 class so it shouldn't count in '19.

True but we already have 2 potential blue shirts so if we take this guy then won't it push one of those to next year. Whereas if we don't then those 2 will count this year and we don't lose a spot. I don't really know for sure how it all works but it would seem like at some point if we take a grad transfer or two it will have a net affect on next years class.

But then we have to use them for Norwood and Davis.

Well blame those guys then not the QB! :)

20 guys signed, leaving 3 spots for '18, right? My guess is we take up to 3 grad tranfers (QB, CB, OL) if they find good fits and blueshirt Davis and Norwood. If we only take 1 grad transfer Norwood and Davis could count in '18 class then right?

Well blame those guys then not the QB! :)

20 guys signed, leaving 3 spots for '18, right? My guess is we take up to 3 grad tranfers (QB, CB, OL) if they find good fits and blueshirt Davis and Norwood. If we only take 1 grad transfer Norwood and Davis could count in '18 class then right?

I thought we could only take 22 but who knows. You may be right and would certainly have more info than I do. But I think you'd need to be a rocket surgeon to figure out the NCAA rules on class limits. haha

VN Store

Back