'19 JUCO QB Jarrod Hoyer

I like this kid. One to keep an eye on. Film looks good, nice measurables, but the spinal injury is very concerning. His pedigree is good as well. Bishop O'Dowd is a major force in Northern California HS football. I don't know much about that school he transferred to. It's a new high school, so they don't have much of a track record. DVC is a juco that attracts lots of local talent who had issues that prevented them from going to a major program out of high school, and the juco competition in the Bay Area is excellent. I wish there was more film on him, but if we're looking at the '20 class for our blue chip QB, this kid could be a take for the '19 class.

Get the feeling they are keeping tabs here as the current QB battle plays out. If JG wins job and has good season no need for a juco. If he loses out then this could be a need

The staff obviously doesn't care about stats. If they did we would not have recruited Shrout.

Or maybe as professional coaches (as opposed to professional message boarders) they’ve developed the ability of PERSPECTIVE? :dunno:

Reactions: 4 people
You didn’t add that last part...til now. :wink2: It was a shot, dude...own it.

They don't care about stats. That is what I said. therefore they obviously trust their own evaluations over stats and rankings. Shrout is a good example. Low rated with bad stats. Since when are facts taking shots?:confused:

Reactions: 1 person
They don't care about stats. That is what I said. therefore they obviously trust their own evaluations over stats and rankings. Shrout is a good example. Low rated with bad stats. Since when are facts taking shots?:confused:

Once again, you’re adding all this, post shot. You are so you. :lol:

February 22, 2003... duh.

He is trying to act like subtext, and context don't exist.

He’s backtracking...on his own post. He’s stated multiple times that Shrout will most likely never take a meaningful snap in a UT uniform. Now commenting on Shrout’s HS stats has a different meaning? :) I enjoy some of his insights, but once he gets an agenda it’s like a Rottweiler on a steak!

He’s backtracking...on his own post. He’s stated multiple times that Shrout will most likely never take a meaningful snap in a UT uniform. Now commenting on Shrout’s HS stats has a different meaning? :) I enjoy some of his insights, but once he gets an agenda it’s like a Rottweiler on a steak!
He is ruthless when he sees someone type shrout or McBride's names. I still find it funny you once thought I was a sock account of his.

Last edited:
He is ruthless when he sees someone type shutout or McBride's names. I still find it funny you once thought I was a sock account of his.

You blew my theory to shat when you displayed a sense of humor...oh well, I’ll be right about something again someday. :good!:

The odd part, his constant trashing of other qb's only takes away from Dobbs/JG winning the starting spot.
Paints the "tallest midget" picture.

Obsessed people always find a way to hurt the object of their obsession.

Nothing gets past you, Lyle

The odd part, his constant trashing of other qb's only takes away from Dobbs/JG winning the starting spot.
Paints the "tallest midget" picture.

Obsessed people always find a way to hurt the object of their obsession.

True that. If you’re truly confident, you go with his superior talent as the reason...not their ineptitude.

You are one lucky kid. Your hero is at Bama now. They never miss.

My hero died several years ago...Walter Payton. I fired Butch last year. Get another act. :boredom:

Oh and sorry about Sean Brown...tough one. :sad:

My hero died several years ago...Walter Payton. I fired Butch last year. Get another act. :boredom:

Oh and sorry about Sean Brown...tough one. :sad:

I don't believe you. As much as you defended him, I just can't believe that bond has been broken

I think you are struggling mightily with what obviously means. When you say someone does not care about stats, it does not necessarily follow that you meant they trust their evaluations. It reads way more like a shot against them than a compliment about their ability to evaluate. Just, own it. It's a better look if you do.

VN Store

Back