'19 JUCO QB Jarrod Hoyer

He’s backtracking...on his own post. He’s stated multiple times that Shrout will most likely never take a meaningful snap in a UT uniform. Now commenting on Shrout’s HS stats has a different meaning? :) I enjoy some of his insights, but once he gets an agenda it’s like a Rottweiler on a steak!

He has bad stats. Fact.

I think he has potential but will never see the field. We are already recruiting over him and he isn't even here yet.

He was a last second hail mary. Not a guy we invested a lot of time in that we consider the future. Just another qb room body.

Just logical thinking. Its not bashing him to say I think kids coming in higher ranked with much, much more impressive resumes will surpass him. He won't play over JG or Chryst either.

He is ruthless when he sees someone type shrout or McBride's names. I still find it funny you once thought I was a sock account of his.

McBride was horrible passing last year. Shrout had a mediocre high school season. Not ranked highly. He went to more camps and had more exposure in high school than Sam Darnold who was still much ore highly ranked.

Just honest. McBride was bad. Shrout probably wont play.

The odd part, his constant trashing of other qb's only takes away from Dobbs/JG winning the starting spot.
Paints the "tallest midget" picture.

Obsessed people always find a way to hurt the object of their obsession.

When people take up for the lesser talented qbs yall are quiet. When someone says facts that are true yall get in your feelings. No one trashed anyone. Some players are just more talented. `Pointing that out is not trashing someone.

And I’m sure their evaluations include whether a QB can complete more half their passes or not.

Must not. 51% in high school with a lower ypa and way worse td/int ratio is comparable to a guy who completed 49% in Juco. They don't care about stats.

Yall are too emotional. The honest truth is the staff doesn't care bout stats. If so they wouldn't have signed Shrout. It isn't bashing him to say 51% with 26ints are bad stats.

Reactions: 1 person
This kids throwing motion looks weird to me... Maybe I am seeing things

Last edited:
McBride was horrible passing last year. Shrout had a mediocre high school season. Not ranked highly. He went to more camps and had more exposure in high school than Sam Darnold who was still much ore highly ranked.

Thank you for proving my point, I merely typed their names and you just couldnt help but talk down about them. It's not that no one else can admit that some are more talented, you just can't let someone speak highly about a challenger to your chosen one, even when they are still Tennessee volunteers. Which by the way, I too hope JG is the starter, only because he has the highest ceiling, but that doesn't mean you have to pop up like clockwork anytime shrout and McBride names are mentioned.

Reactions: 6 people
Is this guy for real? k_town....
McBride was terrible passing last year? Lol you basing that off of the one game he got to start in? Where he threw for 152 yds and a touchdown? Heck id have to go back and watch film to see what his rushing yardage was... It was pretty good. I'm not saying the kid is the best but to say he had terrible passing based off of one game? Lol.... Now that's funny.

Thank you for proving my point, I merely typed their names and you just couldnt help but talk down about them. It's not that no one else can admit that some are more talented, you just can't let someone speak highly about a challenger to your chosen one, even when they are still Tennessee volunteers. Which by the way, I too hope JG is the starter, only because he has the highest ceiling, but that doesn't mean you have to pop up like clockwork anytime shrout and McBride names are mentioned.

Yea popped up a whole day later. I was really rushing to post.

Is this guy for real? k_town....
McBride was terrible passing last year? Lol you basing that off of the one game he got to start in? Where he threw for 152 yds and a touchdown? Heck id have to go back and watch film to see what his rushing yardage was... It was pretty good. I'm not saying the kid is the best but to say he had terrible passing based off of one game? Lol.... Now that's funny.

42.5% 1td 2 ints. 3.8 ypa. He also played in three games including a start and a whole half a game. His passing was poor last year.

42.5% 1td 2 ints. 3.8 ypa. He also played in three games including a start and a whole half a game. His passing was poor last year.

One of his interceptions bounced off of a receiver and was intercepted. It hit the receiver in the chest. Also, I don't know if you remember but in the 2nd half Mizzou switched their defensive scheme and started blitzing more and McBride was running for his life with no receivers open down field. You should go watch that game again.

Reactions: 2 people

Pretty evident the staff doesn’t believe there was a QB in Knoxville to win, they are definitely looking for help

This kids throwing motion looks weird to me... Maybe I am seeing things

Yeah almost a little side-armed....looks accurate, not getting much pressure in any of the clips.

I guess the arm height or motion isn't aways a huge deal...Philip Rivers' is not great at all.

One of his interceptions bounced off of a receiver and was intercepted. It hit the receiver in the chest. Also, I don't know if you remember but in the 2nd half Mizzou switched their defensive scheme and started blitzing more and McBride was running for his life with no receivers open down field. You should go watch that game again.

Regardless, he was mediocre at best. I like his fire and toughness, but he just has not thrown it very well to this point.

Regardless, he was mediocre at best. I like his fire and toughness, but he just has not thrown it very well to this point.

I am not debating that one bit. All of our quarterbacks need to improve. However, to say a Freshman who had his redshirt pulled just to play in one game...(and a few quarters) is garbage, off of only one full game to evalute is ridiculous. The kid obviously needed more time to develop or he wouldn't of had a redshirt in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Yeah almost a little side-armed....looks accurate, not getting much pressure in any of the clips.

I guess the arm height or motion isn't aways a huge deal...Philip Rivers' is not great at all.

Yeah that was what I was thinking about the sidearm. Good thing he is 6'5.... Otherwise there would be some issues. I think there are better options out there right now but this isn't a bad recruit to keep an eye on.

I am not debating that one bit. All of our quarterbacks need to improve. However, to say a Freshman who had his redshirt pulled just to play in one game...(and a few quarters) is garbage, off of only one full game to evalute is ridiculous. The kid obviously needed more time to develop or he wouldn't of had a redshirt in the first place.

Exactly...

Basing someone off a start or two early in development is close minded...

Lots of really good Major league studs would've been perennial AAA afterthoughts if so...

VN Store

Back