200-106 vs 61-41

That is an impressive record for Tyndall

But would y'all just quit dogging on Cuonzo? He's gone. You got what you wanted. Move on. Cuonzo did.

Reactions: 2 people
I certainly hope CDT has better timing in calling timeouts than our previous coach did.

random dude = media poll? Maybe you're right and they couldn't name a starter since there were no Vols represented on the preseason teams. I'm sure it was simply because they didn't know what we had

are you aware who casts many of those votes and how their decision is made? Saying a team overachieved because the media picked them low in the preseason is, well, typical.

Reactions: 1 person
are you aware who casts many of those votes and how their decision is made? Saying a team overachieved because the media picked them low in the preseason is, well, typical.

except for UT their predictions were pretty close. Believe what you want but the numbers don't really lie

Even if you think Zo overachieved in the SEC, he didn't in the Non-conference at all.

We finished 18-14, same record as Arkansas who finished 6-10 in the league.

That loss to Austin Peay was truly truly atrocious.

You used to have a semblance of reasonableness.

So I don't think NIT is overachieving, when a top UT player of alltime falls in your lap, and see 5-6 games we should've won and taken us to the tourney, and you say it's not reasonable because Bobby Bouchay in Monroe Louisiana had his intern pick UT towards the bottom and neither could probably name a starter?

ok. I'll still take my lack of "reasoning" over total incoherence or denial on certain matters.

except for UT their predictions were pretty close. Believe what you want but the numbers don't really lie

They didn't take a double double machine coming to campus into consideration at all. That's like picking UT next year preseason without considering Jrich, but to a further extent with more pts and rebounds.

Laughing at the idea of Martin exceeding expectations in yr one because some random dude that couldn't name a starter picked them low. Didn't have anything to do with picking low due to a coaching change. And don't consider a top player in UT history arrived and showed skill at Ky that Martin handcuffed for 2 yrs. Overachieve my ass. Go NIT. Reach for the stars.

Sorry you are incorrect sir. Check out the 2010 SEC coaches poll. Tennessee 19 points put them about last.

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2010/02/17/2010-sec-preseason-coaches-poll/ My bad this is a baseball poll. lol

Last edited:
You are clearly not familiar with my posting history.

you told me I was unreasonable but didn't respond to my post about his first year. Still wondering how my stance is unreasonable. Martin already admitted not playing zone and not letting guys loose on offense cost them possible wins. That goes back to year 1 when I and other started getting frustrated because the man wouldn't make moves necessary to win games. And he figured it out on his way out the door.

you told me I was unreasonable but didn't respond to my post about his first year. Still wondering how my stance is unreasonable. Martin already admitted not playing zone and not letting guys loose on offense cost them possible wins. That goes back to year 1 when I and other started getting frustrated because the man wouldn't make moves necessary to win games. And he figured it out on his way out the door.

You have your own opinions. I'm not going to waste my time trying to change them. If you think he underachieved in year 1, that's cool. I just disagree.

They didn't take a double double machine coming to campus into consideration at all. That's like picking UT next year preseason without considering Jrich, but to a further extent with more pts and rebounds.
You can stop pretending he was some kind of superstar as a freshman, or that he was the type of player who should turn a bottom feeder into an NCAA tournament team all by himself (especially as a freshman). We overachieved in year one, PERIOD. End of story.

By the way, who brought this player in?

You have your own opinions. I'm not going to waste my time trying to change them. If you think he underachieved in year 1, that's cool. I just disagree.

and that's fine too Chris, but I don't think the points I made are unreasonable.
The tourney was there for the taking even in the first year. Bad losses and coaching blew it.

You can stop pretending he was some kind of superstar as a freshman, or that he was the type of player who should turn a bottom feeder into an NCAA tournament team all by himself (especially as a freshman). We overachieved in year one, PERIOD. End of story.

He lit up ky his first game, then was coached by Martin and we didn't see the same face up game until mid to late season this year. Martin stuck him on the block with his back to the basket and took away his face up game, which is his strength, especially against length. Now, that's basketball talk so maybe find someone to translate it for you.

And Martin brought Stokes in. Memphis had no room or he would've been there.

The Ghost of Bruce Pearl brought Stokes in.

VN Store

Back