2015 Nike concept uniforms

There's nothing wrong with a little flash every once in a while, and why does Alabama have to be brought into every argument? Alabama also has one of the most boring uniforms in college football. This has nothing to do with making a change in uniform to help with winning.

One of the selling points for Tennessee's program is tradition. Call me a purist, but I don't want to look at a timeline down the road with pictures of all of the Vol greats and then get to the Jones Era and see a bunch of neon-chromed disco suits. It's just out of place. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is that I think anything but the Orange and White (and maybe smoke) is out of place and silly looking.

The defending National Champions disagree.

fsu-unis.jpg

One of the coolest uniforms in college football! I love me some Vols but I gotta hand it to FSU. That garnet and gold with the spear on the helmet is pretty wicked looking.

One of the selling points for Tennessee's program is tradition. Call me a purist, but I don't want to look at a timeline down the road with pictures of all of the Vol greats and then get to the Jones Era and see a bunch of neon-chromed disco suits. It's just out of place. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is that I think anything but the Orange and White (and maybe smoke) is out of place and silly looking.

I'm not debating on changing the colors. I want to keep the orange and white, but what I'm arguing is a little change in the style as has happened throughout the history of UT.

17 year olds don't give a **** about tradition.

Reactions: 1 person
Just NO! Of all the things UT uses to attract top tier student athletes, an extreme uni change such as this, is not needed. Maybe for one game, it would work. Just for a merchandise/paraphenaelia money grab deal like the smokey grey or the black ones where. :rolleyes:

Can't wait until we start wearing Nike uniforms. I know several on here won't like this sort of thing but I think they look great and recruits would love it.

Again, these are only concepts posted by @SECFrenzy on Twitter but I thought I'd like to share what's possible with Nike next season.

Wrong orange.

Can't wait until we start wearing Nike uniforms. I know several on here won't like this sort of thing but I think they look great and recruits would love it.

Again, these are only concepts posted by @SECFrenzy on Twitter but I thought I'd like to share what's possible with Nike next season.

:no: :no: :puke5:

Reactions: 2 people
There's nothing wrong with a little flash every once in a while, and why does Alabama have to be brought into every argument? Alabama also has one of the most boring uniforms in college football. This has nothing to do with making a change in uniform to help with winning.
Have you seen Penn St.? The uniforms look like St. Penn instead of a college.

Changing the style is not the issue to me, like the 2002 uniforms, putting the double stripe on, etc. I wouldn't mind a reverse helmet, even. But Tennessee is orange and white. I bleed orange, not black or gray or anything else. If they changed the style modestly, so be it, but I'm sick of people demanding and begging for different colors.

Reactions: 2 people
The only changes I think we need are number font and a flat orange helmet for the smokey greys. Maybe get rid of the outdated stripe on the front top of the helmets and pants.

Other than that they can stay the way they are.

I love it, of course we are gonna have the original uniforms to but these make me excited.

The only changes I think we need are number font and a flat orange helmet for the smokey greys. Maybe get rid of the outdated stripe on the front top of the helmets and pants.

Other than that they can stay the way they are.

Outdated stripe on the helmet? Gtfo!

Reactions: 4 people
Like the one on the right better

I agree. I am a Traditionalist.... but if they wore this once or twice a year Only I would have no problem with it. Lets keep the helmet the same.. I can tolerate "dickering" with a jersey every so often but the helmet should always be the same, but that is just my opinion.

Go Vols:dance2:

Reactions: 1 person
i get that the boosters may not like alternate uniforms too much, and quite frankly i'm not a huge fan of drastic changes either but it should be up to the players imo. if they want it, let them have it. they are the ones that go out there and put it all on the line on saturdays. the boosters will get over it. it's just a uniform. wins are what is important.

VN Store

Back