2019 NFL Draft

Really? One of the best defensive players in the draft. Would have went top 10 if not for the ACL. Good investment.

And that other thing happened in high school, he owned it and has turned his life around. We all make mistakes
He may only play three or four games if we're lucky this year!! We need players now and he may not come back the same he was before surgery he's a big man!! It's not like we're a 10 or 12 win team, and can take chances

Anyone seen a breakdown of the first seven rounds by college team? I know Tennessee is the only SEC team without a player drafted, but I'd like to see the numbers for each SEC school.

It's a humbling day for Tennessee football (not that we needed it)... Kentucky had 5 players drafted in total and 3 in the top 100 (all on defense). We had zip.

...on the bright side, that should be another win next year - they don't exactly reload up there.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
So Preston Williams didn’t get drafted? I know he had a good year...wonder what the issue was?

Anyone seen a breakdown of the first seven rounds by college team? I know Tennessee is the only SEC team without a player drafted, but I'd like to see the numbers for each SEC school.
Well since I’m bored:
Alabama 10
Arkansas 3
Auburn 6
Florida 5
Georgia 7
KY 5
LSU 3
Ole miss 6
Ms st 5
Mizzou 2
S Carolina 3
A&M 7
Vandy 2

Reactions: KBVol and Freak
Well since I’m bored:
Alabama 10
Arkansas 3
Auburn 6
Florida 5
Georgia 7
KY 5
LSU 3
Ole miss 6
Ms st 5
Mizzou 2
S Carolina 3
A&M 7
Vandy 2
So, not only are we the only team in the SEC without a player drafted... everyone else had MULTIPLE players taken. Nice.

And how did we ever beat Ky and Auburn?
Auburn just wasn’t very good. Ky had no pass offense to speak of, plus the setup was perfect for UT with UK coming off of the beat down by uga that eliminated them from contention in the east.

It's a humbling day for Tennessee football (not that we needed it)... Kentucky had 5 players drafted in total and 3 in the top 100 (all on defense). We had zip.

...on the bright side, that should be another win next year - they don't exactly reload up there.
Well, we did beat them last year when they all that talent and we did not. We will have more than our share in the next 10-15 years.

Lol man. Tom Brady IS the system. But blindly believe whatever helps you sleep at night.
Tom Brady is what makes them a SB team but history has shown us that it's Bill's system and he can pretty much make any QB look decent aka Cassell, Brissette, Mallet, Jimmy.

Today is humbling. Teams who get the big talent put players in the league. Sigh..
But it is not as much a recruiting issue here as it is player development. This draft should be a reflection of 3 signing classes that we had (from 2014-2016). Those classes were all at least in the top 15 in the country. We had 4 and 5 star players who went undeveloped.

Reactions: 08Vol
Super surprised that Preston Williams didn't get draft, I mean he was straight unstoppable, hope the Titans pick him up.

Either way, I'm also somewhat surprised that we didn't have anyone get drafted. I feel like our players get devalued a little bit, which has led to a lot of undrafted success for us, which if they are good enough to be on the team, they were good enough to get drafted. In recent years we've had Alex Ellis, Justin Coleman, LaTroy Lewis, Emmanuel Moseley, Jordan Williams, Jason Croom, Raijon Neil, and Tyler Bray, not to mention Palardy and Trevor Daniel. I feel like that's a lot, but maybe it isn't.

Last edited:
Super surprised that Preston Williams didn't get draft, I mean he was straight unstoppable, hope the Titans pick him up. Either way, I'm also somewhat surprised that we didn't have anyone get drafted. I feel like our players get devalued a little bit, which has led to a lot of undrafted success for us, which if they are good enough to be on the team, they were good enough to get drafted. In recent years we've had Alex Ellis, Justin Coleman, Emmanuel Moseley, Jordan Williams, Jason Croom, Raijon Neil, and Tyler Bray, not to mention Palardy and Trevor Daniel. I feel like that's a lot, but maybe it isn't.
NFL typically want players who have been coached up they don't want to start from square one.

Preston has no one but himself to blame. Teams take the risk with off field issues fir Superstars. Not the level below.

VN Store

Back