2020 is Our Year Because...

Take your pick this morning.... "What might or could be" or "What might or could have been".

Well we know what the past was and we can't change it...so let turn the page and look forward. :)

Reactions: Behr
Tennessee will win 8-9 games this season and 9 games in 2020. After that I think Tennessee will be in a pattern to win 9-10 games every season.

Reactions: MAD
Tennessee will contend with Georgia and Florida and that's all that I will say about that;) There's no point in mocking people who make predictions on Message Boards because that's what they are for:rolleyes:
I don't think he was mocking, it was a legitimate question.

I wouldn't put any money on us winning a championship in 2020, but I do think the possibility of us winning 9-10 games is not a pipe dream for 2020, whereas I think the odds of 9-3 or better in 2019 are about 1 out of 100.

Last edited:
It'll depend on recruiting and player development.

Certainly, both the O-line and D-line should be improved in 2020. I think our secondary will be rock solid, as well. We'll probably get JG back for a Senior campaign, and our backup QB options should be better, too.

The question marks are mostly in areas where we lose a lot of key players. We lose 2 and maybe 3 of our top 3 WRs (Jennings, Callaway, possibly Palmer). We lose DWA at TE. We lose Bituli and Darrell Taylor at LB. Also a decent chance we lose Ty Chandler at RB. If we can successfully replace most of those guys, then 2020 could be good.

The good news is that it's typically easier to replace most of those positions (RB + WR especially) in a short period of time, whereas the OL and DL takes years of development.
LMAO at people projecting Ty Chandler going pro after this season. Given his lack of production in actual games to-date, this guy is astonishingly overhyped.

Reactions: 08Vol
I hope you are right .
Funny... People said the same thing about Josh Dobbs.

I hope JG is here at least one year after this one.

Haynes/King both have extremely high ceilings, but I would rather not have one or the other start as a Frosh. And I don't think Maurer or Shrout are going to ever be a day 1 starter here...

Reactions: k-town_king
Funny... People said the same thing about Josh Dobbs.

I hope JG is here at least one year after this one.

Haynes/King both have extremely high ceilings, but I would rather not have one or the other start as a Frosh. And I don't think Maurer or Shrout are going to ever be a day 1 starter here...

Didn't realize there were any options beyond one year after this one.

I hope so. But, with the transfer portal, injuries, retirements, coaches upgrading out, and oh, this conference is full of great coaches, great staffs, and extraordinary talent, at every school. It's a nice thought. But I am prepared for the long grind back to the top, and freakin' long stay! If you catch my drift........

VN Store

Back