2024 Presidential Race

It's so they can tell the mindless horde that the border issue is on Biden.

Hell, half the nuts in the PF view it as a negative on Biden and not the republicans in congress.

But of course it they were not mind numbingly gullible, they wouldn't be trump supporters to begin with.
LOL. You are hilarious. Your meltdown if Trump wins is gong to be epic.

Odd. Two people I wouldn't even vote for in the primaries.

It's got to be hard for one human (you) to be so consistently wrong.

Simply out of curiosity, who did you vote for in this years presidential primary?
So you freely admit that the only criteria for your vote is "Not Trump".

Nice chat. Put your helmet on and buckle up.

Nope.

Here's the assignment for you guys.
Google "total number of BLM protests" , "what constitutes a protest", "what % of BLM protests were peaceful".
"what % of BLM protestors remained peaceful"

And then feel free to come up with a couple of others of your choosing.

Report back............

I've had this debate several times in the past. No desire to rehash....the numbers are easily available for anyone who actually wants a true and complete picture. (Which eliminates most in the PF.)
Just a quick search, there is no defined number for a protest...but according the anti riot act 1 person in a protest of 3 who act violently consitities a riot..so from there is looks to mean that 3 people is a protest, unless you have an link that defines an exact number?
If not then 3 high schooler holding sign is a protest.

Reactions: McDad
But the total numbers committing violence or destruction was much higher. So was the cost
Not as a percentage.

What some of you guys are doing is like this............
There were more accidents, deaths, and property damage on interstates over the summer than there were at this one rural intersection which only has an average of 5 accidents and 2 deaths per day.
So the conclusion has to be that interstates are more dangerous than this particular intersection....
I trust everyone can see the nonsense in that position.

Outfoxed by Nancy Pelosi.

He was one of the miloqetoast speakers that caved when Republicans had a good majority. If I remember correctly the story goes, when they were out one day one of his kids, maybe a daughter asked a leftist imbecile comedian for an autograph. The jagoff leftists stiffed the kid because she was a child of Ryan who he recognized. Proving the moral values of these clowns are low when they masquerade as morally superior.

Not as a percentage.

What some of you guys are doing is like this............
There were more accidents, deaths, and property damage on interstates over the summer than there were at this one rural intersection which only has an average of 5 accidents and 2 deaths per day.
So the conclusion has to be that interstates are more dangerous than this particular intersection....
I trust everyone can see the nonsense in that position.
Percentage is useless when comparing a one time event. The amount of violence and destruction was widespread, excessive and costly. It was also just as directed at govt but that gets conveniently ignored

"We're seeing the consumer under a considerable amount of pressure. Credit card delinquencies are considerably higher," he told "Mornings with Maria" guest host Cheryl Casone."

"One California resident, Denis Montenaro, told the outlet he's "done with fast food" after his favorite breakfast order from McDonald's – a coffee with a bacon and egg bagel – totaled $9.67."

"Another former McDonald's customer from the Golden State said the higher costs have compelled him to stop buying, noting that the decision came not from an inability to afford the food, but because he's frustrated that the same meal he used to purchase now costs nearly double."

If you got the time you might as well go to a sit down restaurant with the cost of some of these combos.

If you got the time you might as well go to a sit down restaurant with the cost of some of these combos.

There are Chinese and Mexican restaurants in my area with cheaper meals than Fast Food and they can turn them around quicker sometimes. You also get better quality food and more variety. Fast Food is pricing themselves out. Key though is that many of them are "not" that fast. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them start to go under (I am thinking Burger King for one). McDonalds tends to be good at adjusting and surviving so I see them getting through this. Not all are struggling though. Chick Fil-a is kicking butt and taking names right now.

Nope.

Here's the assignment for you guys.
Google "total number of BLM protests" , "what constitutes a protest", "what % of BLM protests were peaceful".
"what % of BLM protestors remained peaceful"

And then feel free to come up with a couple of others of your choosing.

Report back............

I've had this debate several times in the past. No desire to rehash....the numbers are easily available for anyone who actually wants a true and complete picture. (Which eliminates most in the PF.)

You can bring up percentages all you want. Let’s discuss the end results of those peaceful protests.

Close to 2 billion in total damages. Making it the most highest in financial losses from civil disorder.

Just a quick search, there is no defined number for a protest...but according the anti riot act 1 person in a protest of 3 who act violently consitities a riot..so from there is looks to mean that 3 people is a protest, unless you have an link that defines an exact number?
If not then 3 high schooler holding sign is a protest.
Good research. Thanks for doing that.

If 3 people are a protest, then I have to rethink what I imagine as far as crowd when I hear about a protest. It also sounds as if once 33% of the protesters acts violently the protest is now redefined as a riot. Is that your take?

Reactions: whodeycin85
You can bring up percentages all you want. Let’s discuss the end results of those peaceful protests.

Close to 2 billion in total damages. Making it the most highest in financial losses from civil disorder.
yawn...............

$ damage/protest..................................winner is.................................Jan. 6

Good research. Thanks for doing that.

If 3 people are a protest, then I have to rethink what I imagine as far as crowd when I hear about a protest. It also sounds as if once 33% of the protesters acts violently the protest is now redefined as a riot. Is that your take?
It's a strange thing..there is no defined number for a protest. That 33 % is according to

The federal Anti-Riot Act (1968) defines the term riot in part as “a public disturbance involving…an act or acts of violence by one or more persons part of an assemblage of three or more persons, which act or acts shall constitute a clear and present danger of, or shall result in, damage or injury to the property of any other person or to the person of any other individual

I'd argue that Luthers peaceful BLM protest numbers are cooked.. especially considering this info, and that these are considered protests...
  • Information distribution: Tabling/petition gathering, lobbying, letter-writing campaigns, or teach-ins.
  • Symbolic display: e.g., a menorah or creche scene, graffiti, cross burning, sign, or standing display.
  • Strike, slow down, sick-ins, and employee work protest of any kind:
  • Boycott: Organized refusal to buy or use a product or service. Examples: rent strikes, Montgomery bus boycotts
  • Press conference: Only if specifically named as such in report, and must be the predominant activity form. Could involve disclosure of information to "educate the public" or influence various decision-makers.
  • Organization formation announcement or meeting announcement: Meeting or press conference to announce the formation of a new organization.
  • Prayer Walk: A prayer walk is an activity that consists of walking and praying at the same time. It is done not for the physical benefit but for the spiritual exercise, either publicly functioning as a demonstration or rally.[citation needed]
  • Lawsuit: Legal maneuver by social movement organization or group.
  • Peopleless Protest: Simultaneous online and offline protests involving physical representations of protesters in public spaces that are subsequently assembled online. Developed in Europe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Seems disingenuous to claim that not number given the loose definition of a protest

Reactions: McDad
It's a strange thing..there is no defined number for a protest. That 33 % is according to

The federal Anti-Riot Act (1968) defines the term riot in part as “a public disturbance involving…an act or acts of violence by one or more persons part of an assemblage of three or more persons, which act or acts shall constitute a clear and present danger of, or shall result in, damage or injury to the property of any other person or to the person of any other individual

I'd argue that Luthers peaceful BLM protest numbers are cooked.. especially considering this info, and that these are considered protests...
  • Information distribution: Tabling/petition gathering, lobbying, letter-writing campaigns, or teach-ins.
  • Symbolic display: e.g., a menorah or creche scene, graffiti, cross burning, sign, or standing display.
  • Strike, slow down, sick-ins, and employee work protest of any kind:
  • Boycott: Organized refusal to buy or use a product or service. Examples: rent strikes, Montgomery bus boycotts
  • Press conference: Only if specifically named as such in report, and must be the predominant activity form. Could involve disclosure of information to "educate the public" or influence various decision-makers.
  • Organization formation announcement or meeting announcement: Meeting or press conference to announce the formation of a new organization.
  • Prayer Walk: A prayer walk is an activity that consists of walking and praying at the same time. It is done not for the physical benefit but for the spiritual exercise, either publicly functioning as a demonstration or rally.[citation needed]
  • Lawsuit: Legal maneuver by social movement organization or group.
  • Peopleless Protest: Simultaneous online and offline protests involving physical representations of protesters in public spaces that are subsequently assembled online. Developed in Europe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Seems disingenuous to claim that not number given the loose definition of a protest
I appreciate you actually taking the time to do a little research.

The only numbers I could find about the smallest protests counted listed the attendance of a few protests in the dozens.

There are Chinese and Mexican restaurants in my area with cheaper meals than Fast Food and they can turn them around quicker sometimes. You also get better quality food and more variety. Fast Food is pricing themselves out. Key though is that many of them are "not" that fast. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them start to go under (I am thinking Burger King for one). McDonalds tends to be good at adjusting and surviving so I see them getting through this. Not all are struggling though. Chick Fil-a is kicking butt and taking names right now.
The local BK near me is always vacant. Probably those obnoxious commercials. I have been wondering how they are surviving.

The only numbers I could find about the smallest protests counted listed the attendance of a few protests in the dozens.

LOL

But you can see why your % is questioned? If 3 businesses on a block put up a BLM sign, that by definition is 3 peaceful protests, if Jesse Jackson holds a press conference and uses the term BLM that's a peaceful protest. Hell of 3 people called in sick to work on the same day and previously wore BLM gear, that's a peaceful protest.

By those standards how many KKK meetings were peaceful protests? See the problem?

But you can see why your % is questioned? If 3 businesses on a block put up a BLM sign, that by definition is 3 peaceful protests, if Jesse Jackson holds a press conference and uses the term BLM that's a peaceful protest. Hell of 3 people called in sick to work on the same day and previously wore BLM gear, that's a peaceful protest.

By those standards how many KKK meetings were peaceful protests? See the problem?

KKK has had plenty of "peaceful" protest and not got arrested. There was a Supreme Court case that allowed them to march through a city in Ohio back in the 1980s. A neo-Nazi group marched in Nashville recently. There causes are reprehensible but our government allowed them to march without arresting them. Therefore BLM deserved the same courtesy.

There were a lot of peaceful BLM protests/gatherings. The issue was that in California, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Chicago, they are were basically allowed to run amok and riot. (Frankly half the people that did this, even confirmed by police, were not even protesters but gangs or other criminals that just used the event to commit crimes).

To me, the issue was more with these city governments and the poor handling in these areas. It is well known on here that I detest protests in general because I believe they have the potential to undermine the Democratic System but I will definitely defend the fact that there was a lot of "peaceful" BLM gatherings.

KKK has had plenty of "peaceful" protest and not got arrested. There was a Supreme Court case that allowed them to march through a city in Ohio back in the 1980s. A neo-Nazi group marched in Nashville recently. There causes are reprehensible but our government allowed them to march without arresting them. Therefore BLM deserved the same courtesy.

There were a lot of peaceful BLM protests/gatherings. The issue was that in California, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Baltimore, and Chicago, they are were basically allowed to run amok and riot. (Frankly half the people that did this, even confirmed by police, were not even protesters but gangs or other criminals that just used the event to commit crimes).

To me, the issue was more with these city governments and the poor handling in these areas. It is well known on here that I detest protests in general because I believe they have the potential to undermine the Democratic System but I will definitely defend the fact that there was a lot of "peaceful" BLM gatherings.
I agree, those were polarized...I just believe with the loose definition of what constitutes a protest it's disingenuous to claim 96% were peaceful...by that definition J6 was not legally a riot..it didn't meet the the 33% ratio needed..but we all know it was, just like most large BLM protests were violent especially after dark.. and then what's the timeframe for a protest, if a march turns violent after 6 hours is that considered 2 separate protests 1 violent, 1 peaceful??

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I agree, those were polarized...I just believe with the loose definition of what constitutes a protest it's disingenuous to claim 96% were peaceful...by that definition J6 was not legally a riot..it didn't meet the the 33% ratio needed..but we all know it was, just like most large BLM protests were violent especially after dark.. and then what's the timeframe for a protest, if a march turns violent after 6 hours is that considered 2 separate protests 1 violent, 1 peaceful??

The hypocracy between Jan 6 and BLM reactions is telling and I can 100% agree with you on there. Where was the outrage about what happened in the cities that I listed? Why weren't people arrested and paraded?

In many ways, the BLM were worse because they hit private property besides public property and often private individuals/businesses that had nothing to do with the situation.

The argument for Jan 6 being worse is around the Presidential election disruption, but it was a very pitiful attempt to disrupt our government. I also don't like that private property was treated as fair game for these attacks if it was for a good cause but public/government property is a "no no". That sends a very bad message about our personal freedoms. If anything, we should be protecting the private property more than government property.

To be fair, though, both instances were bad but since Jan 6 was just a single incident, it is easier to isolate and point out the problems with it. There are many examples of peaceful BLM gatherings including even here in Tennessee. (the one night in Nashville wasn't and I felt like our government clamped down hard on it. Too bad Portland/Seattle didn't follow that example).

VN Store

Back