2024 Recruiting Thread

He's aged way more than 20 years over the last 20 years. If Sarah Strong signs elsewhere, I say he calls it a career once Paige graduates.

They never did specify what illness he was out with last year. But whatever it was, it aged him about a decade in a couple weeks. Makes me think he had a heart attack or a blood clot issue.

It was reported he fell ill while on a flight but they never confirmed what the issue was.

Reactions: Amb3096
They never did specify what illness he was out with last year. But whatever it was, it aged him about a decade in a couple weeks. Makes me think he had a heart attack or a blood clot issue.

It was reported he fell ill while on a flight but they never confirmed what the issue was.
I was shocked to see how much weight he's put on, particularly around the gut area. I'd think if he had a heart attack that his doctor would have him on a diet, but whatever is going on it doesn't look healthy.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I was shocked to see how much weight he's put on, particularly around the gut area. I'd think if he had a heart attack that his doctor would have him on a diet, but whatever is going on it doesn't look healthy.

It takes a lot out of you physically and makes it hard to stay in shape. You can’t exercise really, at least not anything vigorous for months. Not uncommon for patients to put on weight after a health issue like that.

We saw that with TK and she was in her early 20s and in peak physical condition when she had her PEs. Now imagine being a very stressed, slightly overweight already, 70 year old out of shape man.

Takes a lot longer to bounce back at that age, if you do at all.

Everyone said the same thing about us when Boston graduated. We have Tac coming in (already there actually) and Dawn has already said she is like Boston when it comes to basketball skills and knowledge. I think us and UCONN, will be the favorites along with Southern Cal and UCLA. That could very well be your final 4 next year but then again....who knows. The portal can change everything really quick.
Not everyone I didn't say it if you want to go back that many post you will see that I said SC might be even better this season because of the three point shooting they didn't have last season. Cardoso took the Boston spot effectively and had more three point help than Boston ever had. I don't think Tac is the answer right away maybe she finds someone in the portal that can do the job well enough to take up the Cardoso slack. No doubt in my mind without Cardoso they lose at least a couple game this season. Of course they will be a very effective team with a chance to win it all to me the UConn roster just looks better with the injured players back.

Not everyone I didn't say it if you want to go back that many post you will see that I said SC might be even better this season because of the three point shooting they didn't have last season. Cardoso took the Boston spot effectively and had more three point help than Boston ever had. I don't think Tac is the answer right away maybe she finds someone in the portal that can do the job well enough to take up the Cardoso slack. No doubt in my mind without Cardoso they lose at least a couple game this season. Of course they will be a very effective team with a chance to win it all to me the UConn roster just looks better with the injured players back.
The one weakness UConn has is the same lack of an inside player. Brady is more of a forward, and then there's the Egyptian freshman who was injured this year, who I think is more of a forward as well. SC post game will still be much stronger, and only added to with Edwards. UConn's advantage will be on the perimeter next year IMO, but that advantage won't be as pronounced as SC's inside.

Could be he’s 70 years old. Father Time is cruel and unforgiving

Reactions: Terrells Bay88
The one weakness UConn has is the same lack of an inside player. Brady is more of a forward, and then there's the Egyptian freshman who was injured this year, who I think is more of a forward as well. SC post game will still be much stronger, and only added to with Edwards. UConn's advantage will be on the perimeter next year IMO, but that advantage won't be as pronounced as SC's inside.
I was thinking that Strong was going there of course if she doesn't changes a lot.

Reactions: Amb3096
Still wild to me that Strong narrowed her choices to UConn/Duke/UNC over local Final Four squads SC/her dad's alma mater.

Wants to go somewhere she can be the immediate star. Could probably do that at SC but isn’t brave enough to take on who they already have.
Hopefully this rules out UConn since The Paige and Azzi Show will probably finally hit the air after 3 years of delays…

Reactions: VolBall09
There will likely be some transfers out of UConn now, because she won’t be sitting on the bench much next year.

Hopefully, Griffin, Patterson, and Ducharme coming soon to a school near you!
They are at 15 on the roster someone has to leave for them to do anything else. Lot of talk about them wanting Chen from Princeton, so I guess they could run DeBerry off.

There will likely be some transfers out of UConn now, because she won’t be sitting on the bench much next year.

Hopefully, Griffin, Patterson, and Ducharme coming soon to a school near you!
I honestly wonder if Ducharme will even be up to playing next year. She might just be an honorary roster spot.

Not wishing or predicting any injury for the young lady.

But I do not like the look of Sarah Strong’s knees. Kinda knock kneed, looks like those gals who can barely walk by 35.

VN Store

Back