2024 Recruiting Thread

There will likely be some transfers out of UConn now, because she won’t be sitting on the bench much next year.

Hopefully, Griffin, Patterson, and Ducharme coming soon to a school near you!
I thought Patterson already said she wasn’t coming back? UConn will have so many guards and wings next year. No way all of them get a lot of playing time except maybe in conference play. Shade and Arnold very likely not starting again next year if everyone is healthy, and UConn definitely won’t have much post presence.

Reactions: Amb3096
I thought Patterson already said she wasn’t coming back? UConn will have so many guards and wings next year. No way all of them get a lot of playing time except maybe in conference play. Shade and Arnold very likely not starting again next year if everyone is healthy, and UConn definitely won’t have much post presence.
PG Arnold
SG Fudd
SF Bueckers
PF Strong
C Brady

Probably the starting lineup. And then you have Shade, Ducharme, Patterson, Griffin, Samuels, and freshmen Chellis and Ziebell (sp for both?) all competing for minutes at the 2/3. That's a lot of players for Geno to have to keep happy.

I don't knnow if Patterson has already entered the transfer portal or not? Haven't heard anything about it yet. Ducharme might still be a question mark with her history of concussions and Griffin may not suit up right away as she recovers from ACL surgery. But still...they have a lot of wings and not much in the post aside from Brady and El-Fina (sp?).

PG Arnold
SG Fudd
SF Bueckers
PF Strong
C Brady

Probably the starting lineup. And then you have Shade, Ducharme, Patterson, Griffin, Samuels, and freshmen Chellis and Ziebell (sp for both?) all competing for minutes at the 2/3. That's a lot of players for Geno to have to keep happy.

I don't knnow if Patterson has already entered the transfer portal or not? Haven't heard anything about it yet. Ducharme might still be a question mark with her history of concussions and Griffin may not suit up right away as she recovers from ACL surgery. But still...they have a lot of wings and not much in the post aside from Brady and El-Fina (sp?).

My thoughts exactly. Can’t find anything on Patterson leaving, but thought for sure I read she either wasn’t going to play anymore or would be leaving? My memory isn’t what it used to be haha!

They should still be one of the top 2-3 teams probably if everyone is healthy, but with the roster as it stands now they are going to have to make a lot of outside shots consistently to challenge for a natty.

Reactions: Amb3096
PG Arnold
SG Fudd
SF Bueckers
PF Strong
C Brady

I believe El Alfy will start at C, not Ice Brady.

My thoughts exactly. Can’t find anything on Patterson leaving, but thought for sure I read she either wasn’t going to play anymore or would be leaving? My memory isn’t what it used to be haha!

They should still be one of the top 2-3 teams probably if everyone is healthy, but with the roster as it stands now they are going to have to make a lot of outside shots consistently to challenge for a natty.
That's why I have them so high. A starting five wiht Fudd, Bueckers and Strong will be able to rain down 3's easily. That will definitely be their strength.

I believe El Alfy will start at C, not Ice Brady.
Even if she does, then she's still more of a forward than a C...similar to the players that SC will be bringing back, except they are bigger and more physical. She's also recovering from achilles surgery, so she may need some time to adjust to the US college game.

I can see the post issue. But I really liked Arnold yesterday. She’d be a very useful player.

Would Van Lith fit the Caldwell profile? Or Talia Scott?

Maybe GameTime can bring Justine home.

Which 2024 commits will Caldwell try to flip? Is Scherr or Petty being considered? Is Kim focusing on experienced players or youth? Is she looking to rob her former school of any players?

Last edited:

Which 2024 commits will Caldwell try to flip? Is Scherr or Petty being considered? Is Kim focusing on experienced players or youth? Is she looking to rob her former school of any players?
All four of them would fit CKC's system very well. Petty would be the perfect post player for this type of playing style.

All great questions!
My uninformed assumptions based on what I would do or have seen based on rumors on Twitter 🤭

Van Lith and Scott both do more so Scott as HVL is a 20% career 3pt shooter but obv a great talent

Justine wants to play the 5 here???? Lol insert positionless Tess debate

2024 commits? NONE it’s way to late thankfully Kaniya is rocking with us

I think Scherr may be Idk about Petty would both fit her system… thought CKC had an interesting portal take on one of the radio shows basically saying she’s eliminated many who were calling for the “wrong reasons” presumably nil and “facilities” lol
She did say if they weren’t talking winning championship and hardwork she had nothing to talk about. So many have been crossed off…

Realistically we NEED youth like I would say 2-3 sophomore or freshman transfers or we’ll be stuck with 4 returning system players next year. 7 is a good number. But also we clearly are looking for the big name she’s said many times or at least implied she’s talking to EVERYONE

HECK NO. I think she’s made that clear or they would be here

All great questions!
My uninformed assumptions based on what I would do or have seen based on rumors on Twitter 🤭

Van Lith and Scott both do more so Scott as HVL is a 20% career 3pt shooter but obv a great talent

The heck? HVL is a 34% career 3p shooter

Oh haha I guess that was just one season

Wasn’t she 24% when she went to LSU and basically the same at LSU??
She was 34% at LSU, which is also her career average. First two years, she was closer to 38%, and that dipped to just under 30% before she came to LSU (while scoring nearly 20 ppg).

2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (19) To Louisville
2. Mikayla Blakes (10) Vanderbilt
3. Alexandra Blue (38) To Kentucky
4. Kaniya Boyd (35) To Tennessee!
5. Jaloni Cambridge (2) Didn't make top 7 (Ohio State)
6. Justice Carlton (7) not top 5 (to TX)
7. Morgan Cheli (18) To UCONN
8. Kendall Dudley (14) Not top 11 (UCLA)
9. Joyce Edwards (3) To SC
10. Kayleigh Heckel (28) To USC
11. Avery Howell (23) Not top 5 to So Cal
12. Jordan Lee (8) not n top 11 to TX
13. Tahj Monet-Bloom (41) To MS St
14. Olivia Olsen (15) To Michigan
15. Me'Arah O'Neal (33) To Florida
16. Taliyah Parker (62) not top 8 To TX A&M
17. Bryanna Preston (43) To TX
18. Arianna Roberson (17) not top 5 To Duke
19. Clara Silva To Kentucky
20. Zania Socka-Nguemen (27) To UCLA
21. Blanca Thomas (32) To NC
22. Ava Grace Watson (51) To Ohio State

Last edited:
Yes, and I did not like that. You can’t have a team that one dimensional and get away with it. That’s why we struggled to win games without her.
We struggled to win without RJ, and sometimes with her, bc other players who were supposed to step up weren't able to. Nothing to do with how the offense was run. It's all opinon, but many felt the offense wasn't run through her enough. Others had plenty of chances in the offense and simply weren't able to get it done. When the backup band is going 0-9, 2-12, etc. they're getting plenty of shots, just not delivering. We depended on Rickea's offense often by default, not choice.

Last edited:
We struggled to win without RJ, and sometimes with her, bc other players who were supposed to step up weren't able to. Nothing to do with how the offense was run. It's all opinon, but many felt the offense wasn't run through her enough. Others had plenty of chances in the offense and simply weren't able to get it done. When the backup band is going 0-9, 2-12, etc. they're getting plenty of shots, just not delivering. We depended on Rickea's offense often by default, not choice.

Did you even play basketball?

VN Store

Back