2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Good assist and rebound numbers but he is NOT a good volume shooter. His field goal percentage in 3 years averages out to be about 35% from the field and only about 31-32% from 3. Those numbers won’t cut it.
He shoots a lot. That’s what I meant by volume.
I just went the NCAA stat page and looked up field goals by attempt. DK was 5th in over 500 attempts. … which translated to more buckets. For some reason our players get hesitant to shoot. We need another player who’s willing to shoot the heck out of it.

Javian McCollum, the guy I was obsessed with last year has entered the portal again.

:)))))))

Certified bucket getter!! Also shot 94% FT

Go get him Barnes

Only 40% from the floor and 31% from 3. Very odd for a kid who makes FT's at a +90% rate.

Reactions: oldaaucoach
This guy apparently slept with a teammates younger sister, which caused a bunch of internal drama so I think I’m okay with not inviting a culture mismatch here.
Worse than that. He allegedly got away with a rape in the Bahamas that would’ve gotten him arrested here. Lots of evidence, but he flew the coop. It’s now a million dollar suit. Feel pretty confident in saying he isn’t on the list.

Eric Dailey is a strong want for me.

6’8” 230lbs 3 years left 49.6% FG, 9.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg in only 22 mpg

Was a top 50 4 star outta HS
Looks like he had a solid year at Ok State. Would be a solid replacement for JJJ. Something to note here tho is he is 20 years old right now as a freshman so Idk how much true untapped potential he has left but still a good player

I don't see Aidoo ever being a physical banger, it just isn't part of his DNA.

IMO, he should work on his perimeter shooting and make himself into a stretch 5. That kind of player is of value at the next level, and I don't see him sticking in the NBA any other way.
I don’t see him being able to compete in the NBA. Just not physical enough to survive. He may be able to play in the European league. Regarmless of where he -lays in the next couple of years, he has to change his attitude and grow some confidence in his abilities.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I think I'd still take my chances with him. Hey, if Aidoo has competition, so much the better. If he turtles up, turn to Vlad and Estrella. We put all our eggs in certain baskets this year and it cost us. Know Vescovi and JJJ are fan favorites, but you can't ignore the cost of their disappearing acts. Aidoo seems to be cut from the same cloth. I'm not saying run him off, but I sure as heck would not depend on him next season. I'd have a plan B and if he does stick and ball out, so much the better. Having Vlad, Aidoo, Awaka and Estrella is a nice problem to have. If I'm being honest, I'd trade Aidoo for Vlad straight up. Vlad, Awaka and Estrella works for me.
There’s not more than 10 teams in the nation who wouldn’t line up to recruit Aidoo.

Looks like he had a solid year at Ok State. Would be a solid replacement for JJJ. Something to note here tho is he is 20 years old right now as a freshman so Idk how much true untapped potential he has left but still a good player

Birthday is in January so he's been 20 for all of 3 months, I think he still has some potential to pull out of him.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

VN Store

Back