2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I thought that too. I see Aaron Scott on the list and he played alongside good scorers at North Texas. Scott doesn't NEED to have the ball in his hands and score but he's a good defender. So a guy like that would make it work to pair with two good capable scorers. (SG) Lanier & one of the versatile wing guys. And we can play some positionless basketball with guys like that. Like we've seen with JuJu, JJJ, Mashack etc.

Also I don't see us getting three seniors in the portal: I see maybe two seniors & deff at least one guy with eligibility left. We will already be having Zeigler, Mashack, Aidoo & Gainey in their last years next season. The year after next season only Awaka will be a senior. I'm thinking they add some multi year guys - but definitely not all three portal guys will be offensive minded.
Yeah I’m leaning towards two seniors and a guy multiple years.

Scott and Dailey would work well.

Reactions: onfocusgovols
Tiered legs cause a bad shooting game.

They had a week off. NBA players play 80+ games in a season and nobody ever looks like they have “tired legs” late in the playoffs.

I have never understood this concept that players are tired at the end of the season.

They might have nagging injuries. But they aren’t tired IMO

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
They had a week off. NBA players play 80+ games in a season and nobody ever looks like they have “tired legs” late in the playoffs.

I have never understood this concept that players are tired at the end of the season.

Why do you rest pitchers in baseball, not practice football the day before a game, Lift weights everyone day, etc? Its is to let the body rest and recover. With basketball players, when they are as active as ZZ is on both offense and defense, he needs to take a breather to maintain efficiency. Of course, you are entitled to opinion, but that does not make it correct in the eyes of other thing people. Time to let this one pass on.

Unless he was part of the flu gang, I agree. Those Purdue guards were also not even close to the most physical he’s faced.

If I remember right, it was less than 48 hours between the sweet 16 and elite 8 games. It’s not crazy to think fatigue could have contributed to it. My money would be on the flu, but it’s impossible to know for sure anyway.

Why do you rest pitchers in baseball, not practice football the day before a game, Lift weights everyone day, etc? Its is to let the body rest and recover. With basketball players, when they are as active as ZZ is on both offense and defense, he needs to take a breather to maintain efficiency. Of course, you are entitled to opinion, but that does not make it correct in the eyes of other thing people. Time to let this one pass on.
Always best to close the topic after getting the last word in. On the merits, it’s hard to argue that they had more rest than usual, he played roughly the same amount of minutes he always does, and every minute you sit one of the best PG’s in the country is a lost minute. Can we close the topic now?

If I remember right, it was less than 48 hours between the sweet 16 and elite 8 games. It’s not crazy to think fatigue could have contributed to it. My money would be on the flu, but it’s impossible to know for sure anyway.

Yes. They had a week of rest to play 2 games in 3 days.

And the point is the relative nature. All the players had the same amount of time between.

I think his shooting the 3 was definitely a result of tired legs. Almost all his misses were short and tired legs cause that to happen. His shot also appeared to be flatter than normal which could also be from tired legs.
Legs were tired because he wasn’t 100% well, not because of playing too much basketball

Tyson is definitely my #1 want, but he feels like a longshot.
Tucker Anderson wouldn't be a terrible consolation, IMO.

I asked earlier and got no response from anyone, but is Tyson that much better given Anderson has only played one year (and thus has more eligibility and less experience)? His offer list would seem to suggest so, but they seem quite similar. Anderson is also 2" taller. Tyson may be a better ball-handler and more complete as true 3-level scorer.

Tyson made a significant jump in efficiency from FR to SO. They played similar competition levels in conference and Anderson probably faced a better OOC slate.

Reactions: onfocusgovols
Tucker Anderson wouldn't be a terrible consolation, IMO.

I asked earlier and got no response from anyone, but is Tyson that much better given Anderson has only played one year (and thus has more eligibility and less experience)? His offer list would seem to suggest so, but they seem quite similar. Anderson is also 2" taller. Tyson may be a better ball-handler and more complete as true 3-level scorer.

Tyson made a significant jump in efficiency from FR to SO. They played similar competition levels in conference and Anderson probably faced a better OOC slate.
This is speculative, but I wonder if Cade is a better option than either. If he went to UCA, would he have put up comparable numbers? Obviously I don’t know, but do think Cade has the same/possibly better tools than Anderson. Finally— If we’re going to recruit a four that stretches, I hope we can adjust to use him that way. I did a great job of replying without answering your question. In watching limited video, I think I agree. Anderson plays hard, and seems to push action. He is decisive and seems comfortable taking what he’s given. He could be good.

This is speculative, but I wonder if Cade is a better option than either. If he went to UCA, would he have put up comparable numbers? Obviously I don’t know, but do think Cade has the same/possibly better tools than Anderson. Finally— If we’re going to recruit a four that stretches, I hope we can adjust to use him that way. I did a great job of replying without answering your question. In watching limited video, I think I agree. Anderson plays hard, and seems to push action. He is decisive and seems comfortable taking what he’s given. He could be good.
Took me forever to figure out you were talking about Cade Phillips and not Cade Tyson, who was part of the original question to begin with.

I was all like...
zack-galifinakis.gif

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

VN Store

Back