2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I had just heard he was someone we evaluated and liked and were in contact with…not sure how far it got or if that stopped. I know @onfocusgovols sure seemed to think he was a major target.
If we don’t get him who’d you prefer Barnes or Hammond? Watching some of Hammond games from high school I love his game.

Reactions: Namorto1
If we don’t get him who’d you prefer Barnes or Hammond? Watching some of Hammond games from high school I love his game.
Hammond, due to the fact he has 4 years of eligibility. Yes he's extremely short like 5'8"-5'9"ish ... but Zeigler worked out well. He attends one of the best high schools in the country Paul Vl Catholic out of Virginia and they are extremely hard working and skilled guys on that team and they are winners. Seems like he would be real teachable and learn a lot from Ziegler...... We were recruiting another player from his team who ended up going with Connecticut, Isaiah Abraham, and he's an extremely good player as well... Hammond, I like the thought of him and Bishop Boswell coming up together in the same class.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Sears is good but the rest of that squad is pretty mid we beat them pretty easily last year by playing good defense and they lost some good wings to the portal, hope they enjoyed that Mickey Mouse run they haven’t really done anything to move the needle for me
They’re doing well in the portal and have a top 2 high school class as well. They’ll be the favorites if Sears returns.

Griffen is a loss (talent wise, not so much production wise) but they upgrade at every position and have even more depth. Their main weakness was no rim protector and sounds like they’re about to fix that.

Last edited:
It’s not like we’ve hit some grand slam so far this cycle. It was a cluster **** early on, sure they’ve rebounded but it’s certainly not been worth throwing a party over lol.
Lmao, take the L and stop.

Heading into the offseason the staff identified and targeted: Chaz Lanier, Cade Tyson, Darlinstone Dubar, Igor Milicic and Felix Okpara. They’ve brought in 4 guys on OV’s and have landed 3 of them, they sit in the exact position with Lanier that they expected to be in for months.

“Idiot” or “ignorant” pick your poison. I would suggest that calling someone either of those adjectives is insulting them and, again, an illustration of your inability to learn from your past discussions on this board.

The bold-faced comment tells me all I need to know about your maturity, which explains a lot.
Could have been worse. Let him refer to himself as an idiot and watch all hades break loose!...or lose as some seem to prefer.

Hammond, due to the fact he has 4 years of eligibility. Yes he's extremely short like 5'8"-5'9"ish ... but Zeigler worked out well. He attends one of the best high schools in the country Paul Vl Catholic out of Virginia and they are extremely hard working and skilled guys on that team and they are winners. Seems like he would be real teachable and learn a lot from Ziegler...... We were recruiting another player from his team who ended up going with Connecticut, Isaiah Abraham, and he's an extremely good player as well... Hammond, I like the thought of him and Bishop Boswell coming up together in the same class.
Does he have ZZs elite quickness and vertical (compared to his size)? I think that is what enables him to be small. He also anticipates very well.

Actually planned to dive into it a bit tonight, there’s quite a few PG options out there still
Agree, as a fan I am not anticipating a final roster before June maybe even July... We are known to attend the summer circuits & Peach Jam. Peach Jam is not until July 12th-21st.

Last edited:
Ben McKee said earlier today that it was his understanding that Chrisitian Anderson would not happen. I'm guessing he has pretty good sources, but is a little strange considering there seem to be some smoke there this weekend. BTO have you heard differently on Anderson than Mckee at 247?
Son of a biscuit. Got my hopes up on this one. Figured if we could grab our PG of the future and get Lanier, we'd be golden.

They’re doing well in the portal and have a top 2 high school class as well. They’ll be the favorites if Sears returns.

Griffen is a loss (talent wise, not so much production wise) but they upgrade at every position and have even more depth. Their main weakness was no rim protector and sounds like they’re about to fix that.
No the guys they brought in was a wash from what left, and if you know anything about college basketball relying on a freshman bench is nothing short of alarming but go on…

In my opinion the top 5-6 teams will be
UK, Arky, UT, Texas, Bama. (No order)

Would say A&M, but not sure who they have returning, and not sure on Auburn either.
Why are you and others high on Kentucky? By my count they only have 5 players, and even the guys they just got aren't close to being as good as Sheppard, Rob, or Reeves.

I wish for just once, Tennessee could have one of those "Mickey Mouse" runs to the Final Four. Is there a Fast Pass line for that?
Yeah if you wish hard enough but last year was last year we are discussing the roster now, but if you want we can discuss that Mickey Mouse run in more detail…

You literally said he had no clue about basketball. You may disagree with his opinion, but Mookie pays attention and knows sports. People can disagree nicely.
I did disagree nicely lol he just didn’t take it that way, and a quick check of mookie’s posting history I can present some bangers if you like? Lol

It’s not like we’ve hit some grand slam so far this cycle. It was a cluster **** early on, sure they’ve rebounded but it’s certainly not been worth throwing a party over lol.

Huh? It was a mess early with guys leaving, but aside from Tyson, who have we missed on that we really wanted?

Reactions: Billy Antrim

Estrada is a huge loss not sure how you are discounting that..did you watch bama at all this year aside from their Mickey Mouse run?

Why are you and others high on Kentucky? By my count they only have 5 players, and even the guys they just got aren't close to being as good as Sheppard, Rob, or Reeves.
Not worth asking, Trippie and Mookie have some of the worst takes and have no clue about other teams outside of our own squad…and then get mad when you have a differing opinion from group think or whatever Twitter is showing them it’s comical but good luck in your quest

Not worth asking, Trippie and Mookie have some of the worst takes and have no clue about other teams outside of our own squad…and then get mad when you have a differing opinion from group think or whatever Twitter is showing them it’s comical but good luck in your quest

They don't get mad when someone has a differing opinion. They (rightfully) get annoyed when you say they "have some of the worst takes and have no clue about other teams outside of our own squad"

They don't get mad when someone has a differing opinion. They (rightfully) get annoyed when you say they "have some of the worst takes and have no clue about other teams outside of our own squad"
Truth hurts? We’re discussing a kids game have a backbone lol Jesus

VN Store

Back