2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
An upgrade to Wynn and Wells, but she’s better than Tess as well and I don’t think anyone would say different.
The legitimate numbers don't say she is better. Just that she shoots a lot and as a result scores more than those players. Her scoring efficiency is 1.07 for her career just barely over 1 so not that good.

The legitimate numbers don't say she is better. Just that she shoots a lot and as a result scores more than those players. Her scoring efficiency is 1.07 for her career just barely over 1 so not that good.
Give me your opinion, you think Tess and Wynn are better than Kelly, and would be picked before her in any draft?

Coach Flo played a 1-2-2 zone press with trapping which was high risk high reward and can be broken easily. CKC's press is more of full court man to man or full court run and jump. There should not be many free baskets because you are matching up with your assignment in the backcourt. Her style of defense is similar to Auburn's men basketball. The way they play defense, you will be looking forward to a breather. Auburn's defense efficiency is ranked high nationally each season. No player wants to be pressured the entire game which leads to frustration, turnovers, fatigue, rushed shots and causes the opposing team to be uncomfortable. Auburn losses came when they couldn't make shots, free throws or missed constant layups. Their game in the SEC championship is a great example and their loss against Yale in the NCAA Tournament was an example where the defense was good, but the offense and FT shooting caused them the game. If you can capitalize off of free throws, turnovers and making layups then you should be successful. Tennessee should be good. Auburn and Alabama have each won the SEC twice within the last 5 years.
Excellent post. There are rewards and risks with any basketball scheme. Tennessee's MBB team's conservative offensive approach has been a thorn to the program until Knipp added a new dimension, for example. I was so surprised when people questioned the viability of Coach Kelly's schemes based on the assumption that it doesn't succeed in the SEC. Similar approaches have been extremely successful for SEC men's teams, not only at Auburn and Bama as you mentioned, but at Arkansas which has been used as an example of how it was a failure. It was widely thought that this year's Arky team lacked good team chemistry, but the three previous years they had gone to 2 Elite 8s and 1 Sweet 16. That was as good of an average as any SEC team. Moreover, the level of excitement in home arenas when these teams get on a roll is unmatched. I do agree with other posters that our new coach will need to be adaptable so there is a plan B when the approach isn't working well.

Kelly is getting drafted, but tell me if Wynn and Tess are better players?
I'll take Tess over her everytime just for her so much better shooting and rebounding numbers. Wynn is the same player just more athletic. JMO Kelly is not be drafted to the WNBA. She may get an invite to tryout somewhere remains to be seen what she does as a senior.

Since Tess is staying hoping the new coach can find other ways to get her open 3's. Kellie's half court scheme was for her to go to the corner, run a play to the other side and throw back to her for an open 3 and it worked some. She does not appear to be fast at all but maybe we just didn't see it as she didn't have to run.

Not that she is a speed burner by any means but I'm betting she is faster than we think and she does have a quick release. If she can run the floor I'm confident she can get more open 3's than she has been getting as the corner 3 is not her only shot. And yes I know her defense has been a liability but maybe with a quick scheme she won't have to guard very long.

Last edited:
I'll take Tess over her everytime just for her so much better shooting and rebounding numbers. Wynn is the same player just more athletic. JMO Kelly is not be drafted to the WNBA. She may get an invite to tryout somewhere remains to be seen what she does as a senior.
Is Tess anywhere near this list?

Is Tess anywhere near this list?

You look at the numbers Tess is the more efficient player. That is what I go by. You can hype anyone that takes a lot of shots and has a high scoring average that is really bogus because of all the shots to a status they don't deserve. If Tess was getting 15 to 16 shots a game sure that she could average 16 as well.

You look at the numbers Tess is the more efficient player. That is what I go by. You can hype anyone that takes a lot of shots and has a high scoring average that is really bogus because of all the shots to a status they don't deserve. If Tess was getting 15 to 16 shots a game sure that she could average 16 as well.
Not about the shots but the player, just like I think Rickea would have led the nation in scoring if she took over 22 shots per game.

Not about the shots but the player, just like I think Rickea would have led the nation in scoring if she took over 22 shots per game.
If you like players that shoot a lot no problem. I like players that have a high scoring efficiency no matter the shots taken. Every shot you miss is the same as a turnover cause you didn't score. So if your taking 15 shots and making 5.3 your getting 11 points. She does get a few at the line but still comes in at a 1.07 which is poor efficiency. Cause with her your talking about 10 possessions where you don't score unless someone gets the offensive rebound. She doesn't pass the ball for a better shot so that is why North Carolina probably don't mind her leaving.

If you like players that shoot a lot no problem. I like players that have a high scoring efficiency no matter the shots taken. Every shot you miss is the same as a turnover cause you didn't score. So if your taking 15 shots and making 5.3 your getting 11 points. She does get a few at the line but still comes in at a 1.07 which is poor efficiency. Cause with her you’re talking about 10 possessions where you don't score unless someone gets the offensive rebound. She doesn't pass the ball for a better shot so that is why North Carolina probably don't mind her leaving.
I never said I like players that shoot a lot, my favorite players last season were Rickea, Juju, Betts and Reese, only Juju shot 20 shots. I lean more on efficiency as well, I’m not a fan of Kelly I just think she’s a better player than Tess and Wynn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan2012
Is one of them on campus now?

Yes. The other one that I’m aware of does not post much pics/videos on recruiting trips to social media. Kind of similar to Lazaria Spearman who does not post a lot on social media although she is a well known student athlete.
The coaches are looking to build some strong depth with elite talent that can compete with South Carolina’s deep roster and is going for athletic wings/guards in that 5’10 - 6’ 0 ft range that can score and defend at a high level.

Yes. The other one that I’m aware of does not post much pics/videos on recruiting trips to social media. Kind of similar to Lazaria Spearman who does not post a lot on social media although she is a well known student athlete.
The coaches are looking to build some strong depth with elite talent that can compete with South Carolina’s deep roster and is going for athletic wings/guards in that 5’10 - 6’ 0 ft range that can score and defend at a high level.
I wouldn't mind her getting another PG. You can never have enough ball handling in this system.

In my dreams we are in on someone with the initials JB but I doubt it lol

In my dreams we are in on someone with the initials JB but I doubt it lol

If it’s who I think you’re talking about they don’t need to be with Alyssa Latham signing to compete at the 4 spot.
Latham is arguably the best underclassmen forward in WBB. Audi Crooks is the best underclassmen center in WBB. Both very very underrated players out of HS.

I wouldn't mind her getting another PG. You can never have enough ball handling in this system.

They might we’ll have to see about that but if not and I’m a head coach in practice that has Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd when you watch their film it’s going to jump out at you. Any coach would feel confident that they could develop them with a full off-season that is running a system like CKC.

Destinee Wells is proven at PG, so the rehab process is something that CKC is monitoring.

Regardless of some fans opinions either way those for the players or those who think there needs to be a player added the coach and her staff I’m 100% sure sees it completely different. That’s two 4-stars and a 5-star at one position.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09
Nah that’s too far I personally don’t think either are top 10… she has the high end but is a mental/culture liability

Honestly, the lack of composure is not even the main liability to me. She just is simply not a polished or developed basketball player. That is the bottom line. I will not ever see what some are seeing in terms of placing a player with this track record in college as a top player after two lackluster seasons.

They might we’ll have to see about that but if not and I’m a head coach in practice that has Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd when you watch their film it’s going to jump out at you. Any coach would feel confident that they could develop them with a full off-season that is running a system like CKC.

Destinee Wells is proven at PG, so the rehab process is something that CKC is monitoring.

Regardless of some fans opinions either way those for the players or those who thinks there needs to be a player added the coach and her staff I’m 100% sure sees it completely different. That’s two 4-stars and a 5-star at one position.
Did Boyd and Cooper play Pg in HS?

Regardless of some fans opinions either way those for the players or those who thinks there needs to be a player added the coach and her staff I’m 100% sure sees it completely different. That’s two 4-stars and a 5-star at one position.

Mir McClean is a player I think would suit this team well depending on her health after her injury. Her rebounding ability is great to go along with guard skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back