2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Not sure what to think about Spearman. Appears to be an excellent defender, athletic, good rebounder. Terrible FT shooter. As much as she gets to the line if the FT% can get up to 65%, she projects as a really good post player.

Reactions: madtownvol
Not sure what to think about Spearman. Appears to be an excellent defender, athletic, good rebounder. Terrible FT shooter. As much as she gets to the line if the FT% can get up to 65%, she projects as a really good post player.
agreed. Her offensive number are questionable but her defense and rebounding looks really good. We need to add a scorer in the worst way.

The press defense with Latham, Spearman and Cooper on the floor should be really good. I assume CKC will have a couple of three point shooters on the floor with those three, so like everyone is saying, Nye seems like a high priority target. JS should be able to learn the press defense adequately.

I 100% support the team but in order to compete with the top half of the sec we are gonna need scorers.

So who was the scorer for South Carolina last season?

Their leading scorer averaged 14ppg.

It’s a TEAM sport and we are putting together a TEAM that can put some points on the board with their defense and athleticism.

She seems like an excellent fit for the CKC version of the LVs. An athletic 6'4 player ticks a lot of boxes. She is not an earth shaking signing, like Rickea had been, but this team desperately needed an infusion of athleticism and size with Key and Karo gone. She is probably going to score most of her points in the paint and off offensive rebounds. Three point shooting teams need rebounders cause you are gonna miss more than you make. Hopefully, she can get her FT % up. Maybe workout with Kaiya who came a long way in one off season.

Last edited:

It’s a TEAM sport and we are putting together a TEAM that can put some points on the board with their defense and athleticism.
we will have to wait till the season starts to see that. on paper, we should be a lot better defensively but might take a step back on the offensive side without adding an elite scorer. that’s not a bad thing, our defense lost us a lot of games last season. i think both spearman and latham will have to avg. 10+ ppg and 7+ rpg if both start.

You are correct, and that formula has been pretty good lately.

I’m just out here blindly liking posts without reading them like i’m Tina Knowles or something and TOTALLY missed this was a new signing. Woohoo!! 🥳
SCREAMINGGGGGGGG!!!!! Cause first of all, me too! Just liking **** cause it sounds positive and good! But you’re so spot on with the Tina reference, mama just be out here liking ****! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Yes we need another good shooter. The team pkayer fits Spearman. Getting over 6 rebounds per game in limited minutes and playing good defense is the epitomy of a team player: doing the grunt work
Kinda like Watkins role on SC last year. Watkins played 20 min a game this past season and scored around 9 ppg but her rebounding and defense were instrumental to the teams’ success. She was able to guard the 3-5 spots with equal ease, and in transition ball that is so important, esp for a big. That is where athleticism comes into play. Spearman seems like she can fill that role for LV’s.

Kinda like Watkins role on SC last year. Watkins played 20 min a game this past season and scored around 9 ppg but her rebounding and defense were instrumental to the teams’ success. She was able to guard the 3-5 spots with equal ease, and in transition ball that is so important, esp for a big. That is where athleticism comes into play. Spearman seems like she can fill that role for LV’s.
I think Edwards and Tac put SC on a another level right now and both are very athletic.

I think Edwards and Tac put SC on an another level right now and both are very athletic.
Tac is probably a year away from being an impact player, probably, due to her injury recovery and the depth ahead of her, but Edwards is the type of freshman who will impact in year one. I get why Strong was rated #1 in that class, her shot for a big is so pure, like watching a SG tbh when she releases. And she can bang inside if needed. I’m not sure which of those two has the better college career, but both seem college ready early. I’m expecting Edwards to make some waves, she was the best player on her team USA and it wasn’t particularly close imo. For SC, the player that will elevate their game the most next season is Feagin, it’s her time and she should show out.

Reactions: travis929
Send suggestions to add to list!
Mostly P5s or player of interest for us.
Also any player who transferred to an SEC school

SEC TRANSFERS

SOUTH CAROLINA

TEXAS

Leila Phelia (UM)

LSU
Jersey Wolfenbarger (ARKY)

OLE MISS
Dedee Hageman (MSU)
Starr Jacobs (ARPB)

TENNESSEE
Alyssa Latham (CUSE)
Lazaria Spearman (MIAMI)

OKLAHOMA

ALABAMA

Zaay Green (ARPB)
Diana Collins (OSU)

VANDERBILT

MISSISSIPPI STATE

Eniya Russell (KY)
Chandler Prater (OkSU)
Destiny McPhaul (NWFS)

AUBURN
Taliah Scott (ARKY)
De’Yona Gaston (TEXAS)

ARKANSAS
Izzy Higginbottom (ARST)

TEXAS AM
Jenae Kent (LSU)

KENTUCKY
Georgia Amoore (VT)
Clara Strack (VT)
Teonni Key (UNC)

FLORIDA
Alexia Mobley

MISSOURI
Nyah Wilson (UNLV)
Laniyah Randall (SIU)
Tilda Sjökvist (Presbyterian)

TENESSEE RUMOR MILL RECRUITS

PG

Shy Day Wilson (Duke/Miami) Senior
Caitlin Chen (Princeton) 5th
Donovyn Hunter (Oregon State) Soph

G/W
Alyssa Latham (Cuse->UT) Soph

Aaliyah Nye (Alabama) 5th
Darione Rogers (MsSt) 5th
Mir McClean (Virginia) Junior?
Ruby Whitehorn (Clemson)

F/P
Lazaria Spearman (Miami->UT)
Junior
Liatu King (Pitt) 5th
Update! @Weezer

Reactions: Ratvol
Saw a list had McClean of Virginia on it, Whitehorn of Clemson, and Hunter of Oregon State. There were a couple more names but I can't remember who they were.
I’m expecting Whitehorn to LV’s if the staff wants her. She fits the profile for your new system athletically. I’m not sure your staff wants her as a 5’11 guard with her shooting percentages, but maybe.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back